It's official.. Daybreak Axed

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Rude.

Is she here? Susanna, are you there........? I guess not........
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean Fletcher currently also works for Sky, he usually does the Sky News Sports Report, at 20 past the hour.
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    Are the same people/production companies being used over & over for each disasterous revamp?

I have long had a feeling that ITV may have a clique that are just scratching each other's backs. So the same faces are rotated in front of the cameras and behind the scenes year in & year out, regardless.

Friends and relatives all passing around lucrative contracts between the "stars" of these poor shows and the production companies that they maybe involved with.

So if another one fails they just get together and come up with another version of a failed show and the "cash carousel" between the same people/production companies continues.

Or am I completely wrong with this?

It is just a pet theory with little in the way of actual evidence.
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    Does their broadcast licence not say they have to provide news in that slot? I'm sure I read somewhere

I have no idea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Is she here? Susanna, are you there........? I guess not........

No - she doesn't appear to be. Not likely anyway.

Sensing some Susanna envy going on here.
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the same people/production companies being used over & over for each disasterous revamp?

I have long had a feeling that ITV may have a clique that are just scratching each other's backs. So the same faces are rotated in front of the cameras and behind the scenes year in & year out, regardless.

Friends and relatives all passing around lucrative contracts between the "stars" of these poor shows and the production companies that they maybe involved with.

So if another one fails they just get together and come up with another version of a failed show and the "cash carousel" between the same people/production companies continues.

Or am I completely wrong with this?

It is just a pet theory with little in the way of actual evidence.

When it comes to cliques, ITV are no different to BBC .. 'Big Boys Club', another point to note is the re-emergence of 'celebrities' after a long absence, not all are doing luvvy duvvy Aladdin at the theatre near you, they get their chums to pull some strings and 'aza kazam', they're back on the screen entertaining you.
    How many times have you remarked .. 'god, I haven't seen [insert name here] on here for ages .. wonder what they have been doing' :cool:
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was certain that someone would post that tiresome remark at some point. Well done, you.

So it was your first thought too ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    I don't think we will be laughing, this sounds a very strong line up, 4 well known presenters, Good Morning Britain, bringing it back to its root, and you still have one very old root, staying on at her 8:30am slot/

Guessing it spells the end of Kate.

And I wonder what it means for Matt and Ranvir, and the future of the Newshour

Hopefully the news hour will stay with Matt and Ranvir at the helm, I understand itv want a complete overhaul but too much change will be a turn off, like when daybreak launched in 2010. Keep certain aspects, by all means have Ben and Susaannah presenting 7-830. Hope Helen and john remain as stand in presenters
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please keep Ranvir !
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great to hear that Kate Garraway is gone. I found her quite smug when Adrian and Christine were axed and she was quick to jump into the role. She didn't pull in any better figures than them. What goes around...
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

The odd change of editor but yes Good Morning Britain will be from the same production team as Daybreak/Gmtv/Lorraine. The changes are all cosmetic
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Let's be real...Daybreak hasnt been axed. I guess the execs had to stop doing the "rebrand" every 5 months so called it an axe this time. Still, it changes absolutely NOTHING of why the show is failing.

1.People dont want celebrity trash "ohhhh look at her dress" when they are getting up for work.
    2.People don't want ads and competitions every 5 minutes.
    3.People just want news, uninterrupted serious-ish, news.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    tobi wrote: »
    Great to hear that Kate Garraway is gone. I found her quite smug when Adrian and Christine were axed and she was quick to jump into the role. She didn't pull in any better figures than them. What goes around...

Are you still bitter that your beloved Christine was a flop? Was it Kate's fault that Dancing On Ice ratings dropped as well?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't be surprised if she stayed on as a fill in or have the lot of them also gone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well she may still stay with Good Morning Britain.

She was given the job and took it (and hardly smug). No need to be rude.
  • Options
    squeekycheekssqueekycheeks Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I think Kate has jumped ship, hasn't she got a morning presenting job on Smooth Radio ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate is presenting the National Lottery Live programme on Saturday Night, could she being moving over to the BBC or is freelance
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bill Turnbull has really shown his class by tweeting how much he will miss a great broadcaster. A great colleague and friend to Susannah. I so hope this goes well for her. She has always kept her private life private and it is unfortunate the way she has been portrayed in the media for the past few weeks. The sad thing is the sheep believe what the media tells them and it probably will affect the new show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is sh currently off sick on the BBC, as im sure I noticed something online earlier, saying the BBC say she needs a break, be nice to see her actually get a proper send off from Breakfast, as they normally give whoever leaves flowers etc.

Not sure if I saw Charlotte on Sunrise this morning or not, Eamomn will be sad to see her go.

Ben is the only one I guess who hasn't got anything to leave, as he will still be doing his Football gigs for Sky, but hopefully it will mean the end of that crap Tipping Point.

Any news on Laura Tobin
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Fantastic! They've already made the credits for the programme. :D Hmmm...This promo looks as successful as the relaunch will be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqv-ab9iH8w
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic! They've already made the credits for the programme. :D Hmmm...This promo looks as successful as the relaunch will be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqv-ab9iH8w

Loved those titles, at least they are reverting back to a Brand name they have used before,
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aye lad .. sweaters were sweaters those days .. you can't beat a bit of fair isle :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Whilst IMO it will be good to have another ex gmtv face back, I always felt Ben was slightly out of his depth on the main programme, he's hardly a serious news journalist, but he's has a break for a few years so hopefully will do a good job. Hope the rest of the team are safe, must be a very unsettling time for them all.
  • Options
    Matt7Matt7 Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just shows how much out of touch the producers are with the viewers. Seems like they have bended over backwards to make sure that the two worse presenters Lorraine and Aled are kep on air whilt Matt and Ranvir who had chemistry on screen get nothing.

I can see exactly where this new show will be heading!!!
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bill Turnbull has really shown his class by tweeting how much he will miss a great broadcaster. A great colleague and friend to Susannah. I so hope this goes well for her. She has always kept her private life private and it is unfortunate the way she has been portrayed in the media for the past few weeks. The sad thing is the sheep believe what the media tells them and it probably will affect the new show.

According to some round here, he should have tweeted that he now hates her, and then spread some muck about her to ruin her career!

Naga Munchetty has also retweeted Bill's comment.