Conversations with two people

mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have know quite a few people over the years that could have a conversation with me and also jump in another conversation too, then carry on where they left off with me.
It's really off putting when you are in the middle of chatting to someone and they do this.
I feel like that person is not totally committed to our conversation and is more interested in the conversation going on in the corner of the room. I find it very rude in all honesty.

Do you know anyone like this? Does it annoy you like it annoys me?

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i do it, i recall doing an experiment on something similar when i was a psychology student, i was able to attend to a few verbal things at once, i put it down to having many children and it really came in handy when i was working in a bar.

edit:
    actually no, maybe it`s something inherent, i remember being able to chat to my friends in class and take in what the teacher was teaching at the same time with ease.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have know quite a few people over the years that could have a conversation with me and also jump in another conversation too, then carry on where they left off with me.
    It's really off putting when you are in the middle of chatting to someone and they do this.
    I feel like that person is not totally committed to our conversation and is more interested in the conversation going on in the corner of the room. I find it very rude in all honesty.

Do you know anyone like this? Does it annoy you like it annoys me?

Yes I know someone like that, me!
    I can do that and listen to a third convo going on as well at the other side of the room.
    It is a woman thing and the height of rudeness I agree.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I worked with a woman just like this and she was having a chat with me and jumped into another conversation and said something which I knew she had got totally wrong. I thought it would teach her a lesson when she embarrassed herself relaying it later on.

I stood back and waited:D
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This happens every time SWMBO get s a text or an e-mail. All conversation is interrupted while she reads them and replies. I've got to the stage that, when we need to talk, I take her mobile phone and put it in another room.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even concentrate on one conversation at a time. My mind wanders and I'm conversing with myself in my head rather than listening to what the other person is saying. I've perfected the art of nodding and agreeing occasionally so they don't realise.

The only people who really know are my husband and kids. "what have I just said to you". I have no idea, I was watching your lips move though. Thankfully they aren't offended and are used to repeating themselves.