Options

The Lucy Beale Storyline: DS Detective Thread *likely spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember back in August when Peter told Lola about that friend who he'd left for dead?

That plot hasn't been resurfaced, and it was clearly there to serve a purpose. Does anyone think that the friend may have tracked Peter back in Walford, hell-bent on revenge, and killed Lucy to get revenge on Peter?

Peter would therefore be indirectly responsible for his twin sister's death. It would fit in to DTC's theory of "not even the killer realises what's happened to Lucy."

Isn't that a bit I Know What You Did Last Summer? Would he carry a hook?
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandsss wrote: »
    DTC and 3 others. Probably Alex Lamb, Alison Davis and not sure of the 3rd. I think Daran Little may know.

I thought Daran Little was at Corrie?!
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Hetti doesn't know. Goodness knows how they will film the reveal. Is she due to come back 6 weeks prior to transmission to film 35 endings :D
  • Options
    LostInTheShadowLostInTheShadow Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I don't think Lucy was murdered. They're making it look like that to throw us off the scent on what actually happened. We found out that she was taking drugs, and my theory is that she went off that night, scored and accidently OD'ed. Somebody gave her the drugs, somebody we know who is close to her - they probably watched her OD and then probably feeling guilty for giving her the drugs, they dumped her body on Walford Common hoping to forget what happened. EE made it clear someone will be responsible for her death, and that it's not a whodunit, but a more of a what killed her type of thing, so that's my theory. They're having fun with keeping people guessing who did it though, but it's been said there will be a lot of twists along the way up to the big reveal. I could be wrong, but it's just a guess, and possibly, the person who is responsible for her death found out about her and Max that night, and angry, left her for dead possibly.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jakes behind so much of the initial machinations of this storyline

I think that from the moment Jake was taken into Ian's house, he had been plotting with Lucy to ruin Max, he convinced Lucy to seduce Max, to get the capital for the lettings firm and get a stake in it by designing the website. There were a few scenes with Lucy and Jake that we only saw the tail end of, he's been acting very strangely since his return and despite the fact that his initial storyline was dependant on Lauren. He and Lauren have not spoken for weeks.

At some point in the last week or so, the stress of sleeping with Max got to her, turning to drugs to ease the horror and baulking at Jakes plot, her time with Lee showing her that someone really can care for her. Hence Jake photographing Max and Lucy to force her to carry on.

I don't think Jake is the killer, I think the Charlie/nick storyline will inter weave with the lucy one as time goes on, but I think Jake is highly intelligent when sober and is a principle component to events leading up to now
  • Options
    KillerWatchKillerWatch Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think that from the moment Jake was taken into Ian's house, he had been plotting with Lucy to ruin Max, he convinced Lucy to seduce Max, to get the capital for the lettings firm and get a stake in it by designing the website. There were a few scenes with Lucy and Jake that we only saw the tail end of, he's been acting very strangely since his return and despite the fact that his initial storyline was dependant on Lauren. He and Lauren have not spoken for weeks.

At some point in the last week or so, the stress of sleeping with Max got to her, turning to drugs to ease the horror and baulking at Jakes plot, her time with Lee showing her that someone really can care for her. Hence Jake photographing Max and Lucy to force her to carry on.

I don't think Jake is the killer, I think the Charlie/nick storyline will inter weave with the lucy one as time goes on, but I think Jake is highly intelligent when sober and is a principle component to events leading up to now

Interesting theory. Completely forgot that Jake lived at the Beales. I do think Jake is somehow involved with the death somehow. Perhaps he is the one dealing the drugs and he finally cracks and tells the police, leading to his exit.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I think Jake is responsible for the photo.. he seems to be just there, in the background, looking shifty but not causing problems so far. Maybe he saw Lucy get in Max's car and was curious about what they were up to so he followed them.. or maybe he was innocently going to inquire about renting a flat from Lucy and Lauren since he's living with Aleks right now and he caught them and was angry that they'd end up hurting Lauren?
  • Options
    Sean_CrawfordSean_Crawford Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hey digital spies lol i love Easties just now and it's 3am in the morning and I just sat up in my bed like a bolt when this thought came to me!!
    What if Lucy isn't actually dead?!?! (even though she is lol).... just hear me out! ha

Ok as we know Charlie Cotton (if that's who he says he is) has this weird relationship with the funeral director guy (i can't remember his name), so they are definitely up to something!! (I don't think Nick Cotton is really dead either lol).... anyway!
    What if Lucy found out what was goin on between Charlie and the funeral director guy and if their plans happened to have a lot of money involved, Lucy wanted in on the action.
    (Yeah this is farfetched but hey its Eastenders).
    So in a bid to bring Charlie closer to Dot, they stage Lucy's death to bring Ian into play (he's got money too and Dot and Ian are like family huh?).
    So staging her death and arranging the funeral could be taken care of by the funeral director (like I think he's done with Nick Cotton), then Lucy would obviously have to go into hiding.
    So... Charlie is a police officer huh? and if the police woman (can't remember her name) who is about to take on the whole investigation was involved too (like maybe her and Charlie are lovers or something) then they could then put Max in the frame to take away any suspicion from themselves. Lucy could have been setting Max up taking the photo's herself (Max has money too doesn't he?!).
    So over the next year we would see Ian slowly lose his mind again and form a relationship with Charlie trusting him and by next February Charlie, Nick, Lucy, the funeral director guy and the police woman would have all of Ian's businesses, Max's money and his car lot and on the 30th anniversary Nick Cotton would come back and attempt to finish what he started by trying to kill Dot so they can take the money she has saved or the insurance money they would get!!

There's bound to be a million reasons and things i've forgotten that make this completely unlikely to happen but you have to applaud the creative thinking that goes on in my head at 3 in the morning lol!!
    Besides I think that would be a great 30th Anniversary, It's gonna have to be a massive storyline when Dot dies! It would be so sad!!!

I love Eastenders!
  • Options
    Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    If Hetti doesn't know. Goodness knows how they will film the reveal. Is she due to come back 6 weeks prior to transmission to film 35 endings :D

No because the character is dead ........... :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uncle_Phil wrote: »

There is talk her death will be revealed in a flashback.

If that is how they do it. I think they will probably film it a few days prior to the transmission with a tight crew of very few people so nothing leaks. That's how they did the Who Shot Phil reveal.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live episode? Which given what has been said about him on set, probably rules out Mick Carter.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope this happens. It would fit in with what Jamie Lomas said about there being big stuff between now and his exit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    I hope this happens. It would fit in with what Jamie Lomas said about there being big stuff between now and his exit.

Yeah, cos Jamie was saying at the time that there is still a lot more to come with Jake (before he leaves). # Eastenders & # DTC and all that stuff.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But since leaving the Beale's, Jake managed to get himself a job, a flat and himself back on his feet fairly effortlessly. Now I know that's standard practice in Walford, but he went from being a homeless wreck to back to normal, almost overnight. Ian was good enough to give Jake a job and a couch to sleep on, but I highly doubt he also gave him the deposit for a flat and an advance on his wages so much that he could get his life back on track in a matter of episodes. The man's an alcoholic and a fairly unstable one at that!

I'm thinking something went on behind the scenes in the episodes between Jake leaving the Beale's house and where we were all speculating he was having an affair with Lucy. Maybe he got involved with drug dealers whilst homeless and started selling to Lucy from this point. I also like the theory of him and Lucy conspiring to ruin Max. But I'm not convinced nothing happened between Jake and Lucy at that point and it had to involve money.
  • Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we have a lot of mysteries, now that the deed has happened. Figured it would be good to compile them as a community

- The cocaine - Who was her supplier, and do we buy her reason for actually turning to Cocaine?

- The stalker - Who has been stalking her and Max

- Lauren - Will Lauren find out about her dad and Lucy? Will that drive her to drink? The thought of her dad naked with her best friend would surely drive her to suicide, but hopefully just drink.

- The business - What happens to the Flat Business now that Lucy's flatlined?

- Jake - why exactly was he getting his jollies off watching Lucy and Lee messing up Ian's cushions?

- The Woods - why was there a massive woodland area in London, I was under the belief it was a city where civilisation had built up and taken out most of the greenery, so why was there this massive patch of misty wood
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    The Woods - I think I can explain this as London is surprisingly green, there are literally hundreds of parks with some of the biggest featuring wooded areas like Epping Forest, Hampstead Heath, Wimbledon Common, Stanmore Common and Dulwich Wood.

Walford Common is obviously based on these areas and is actually quite realistic to include something like it in wider Walford.
  • Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keller wrote: »
    The Woods - I think I can explain this as London is surprisingly green, there are literally hundreds of parks with some of the biggest featuring wooded areas like Epping Forest, Hampstead Heath, Wimbledon Common, Stanmore Common and Dulwich Wood.

Walford Common is obviously based on these areas and is actually quite realistic to include something like it in wider Walford.

Ah really, thanks. Not being from London, one is given a certain ideology and image of London, thanks for clearing that up
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Uncle_Phil wrote: »
    There is talk her death will be revealed in a flashback.

If that is how they do it. I think they will probably film it a few days prior to the transmission with a tight crew of very few people so nothing leaks. That's how they did the Who Shot Phil reveal.

Hit em understood what I meant. Are they calling Hetti back to film alternative endings. She doesn't seem to know anything at this point. Also I think that tptb shift their choice to public response.
  • Options
    textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I know this might be random and a bit out there but I find the relationship between Peter and Lucy a bit odd. I also think both of them are somewhat strange as though we don't know every thing about them.
    I have had a sense that their relationship is more than brother and sister and I wonder if coping with this has made Lucy turn to drugs - which I think have caused her death. Also I think Cindy jnr has known about this relationship and maybe putting pressure on Lucy as well.

Just an idea not a spoiler and all my own work! :)
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a scene the other day when Jake and Aleks were in the Vic and Lauren and Lucy walked past, Jake smirks and were supposed to think he's looking at Lauren, but clearly not
  • Options
    Matt_CullenMatt_Cullen Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    PETER

There is literally Noone else with motive enough to kill her.

From a story telling point of view the shock of having her own twin Brother be the one to kill her is too good to pass up.

Remember DTC said he 'doesn't want the killer to be a shock, but they want it to make sense and be tragic'

Jake obviously text Lucy that night and asked her to meet him at the new flats.

Jake will be the one supplying her with coke for sexual favours. And he will be charged and as far as the Sqaure is concerned the case will be solved.

But I'm betting my house on the fact that She bumped into Peter on the way back to the Square and the two had a fight and he hit her as she was on cocaine.

She either ran off still alive and collapsed and fell into a ditch Dead.

Or he left her in the woods for whatever reason.

The cocaine, combined with her earlier head injury in the carlot and then Peter hitting her caused a clot and she dies.

Its the only theory that makes sense to me.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless it's actually no one that is currently on screen.

Steven Beale, Nick Cotton, Ben Mitchell and Danny whats his face are possibilities.
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your theory is excellent especially with the Jake part included but don't forget that it was possible still that somebody got into a fight with her, accidentally killed her and panicked, then dumped her body in the Commons. I keep thinking back to how they went about the Archie storyline with minimal screentime between Stacey and Archie so that it was a surprise and quite honestly as crazy as it sounds I keep wondering if the twin route is too obvious, like you say he has strong motive and from the episode on Friday the biggest sign was pointing to Peter considering what he overheard and that's what makes me unsure if it is going to ultimately be him or not.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or unless it is someone without a motive, someone who accidentally caused her death, or someone who set off a chain of events that led to her death.

Or it could involve a number of people who acted individually but who all contributed to that chain of events.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good theory. But I think whatever happened the killer had little or no inkling of anything having happened to her and Jeff her alive.