EastEnders - The REALLY BIG Lucy Beale Discussion Thread (Merged)

Comments

• Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Kevin Spacey? :confused:

I COMMITTED THE MURDER!

My mistake :p Keep limping onwards and upwards.
  • MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Denise is planning on leaving. Is this all primarily because of her relationship with Ian, or could it be guilt???!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutant X Theory 1

Lucy recieving a text to go and meet up somewhere, near or in the commons. considering the time of night and her current state, it has to be someone either close to her or someone who she really trusted. We can rule Max out from sending the text, as from recent episode Lucy's relationship and trust in Max is a solid zero. My guess is that only Peter, Lauren, Lee, Jane or Denise could have been that trusted to have met up in the middle of the night.
    However that isn't to say that they are the killer. The killer could have easily stolen a phone or having sensed a text from another phone.
    But that's not to say other events and meeting could have happened on that night.
    But one thing I will certainly say is that Lucy Beale wasn't/didn't murdered/died in the woods.

However I may have gotten the text part wrong as I'm sure DTC mentioned it was an email. So if it's an email from a random account and she trusts it, it must mean that she would have knew of someone who tends to send email. Another example of email use is the anonymous sender of the pics to Max. Then this raises the question that did Lucy Beale know the picture taker or better was she working with the sender in an effort to make Max back off and lead a straight life. So then this raises the question of who would help her.
    Creepy Jake could. It may show his feelings for Lauren or maybe he has an obsession with Lucy.
    Abi is another who would probably risk this in order to stop her father indirectly sending her sister back to booze.
    Maybe Johnny. We've seen a little friendship formed between the pair and maybe Lucy has asked Johnnys help.
    Or it could be Peter. But I think we can rule out Lauren in this theory.

They are still a lot of in answered questions and encounters. But I believe the only way to come to truth is to learn who the real Lucy Beale is. Something the recent affairs, insecurities and drug use has shown us, that we know nothing of her
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MutantX wrote: »
    So Denise is planning on leaving. Is this all primarily because of her relationship with Ian, or could it be guilt???!!!!!

Both. She is guilty of not being love with him and putting a facade on with him to keep face and have prominence in the Square. Don't why she needed Ian for that when she already had that. I'm so interested in her own part in this storyline.
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to refrain from posting any theories until her actual death. Just putting together everything we have so far:

The most interesting aspect of the build-up for me as been peeling away Lucy's hard, at times nasty exterior to reveal a downright lonely, depressed, insecure young woman who was desperate to be loved and even ressorted to using coke to block this all out as well as drinking. I've really felt for Lucy and Hetti is really good at portraying that softer side to her character.

Firstly, the fact that she looked back at the Beale household. Did she know she wasn't going back? Possible suicidal thoughts? We saw Lee plant the idea in her head but we know he didn't message her as he was asking her to come to the party in one of the voice messages. It has to be someone she didn't get a chance to encounter IMO ruling out Ian, Lee, Lauren & friends, Whitney and Max. (I'm looking forward to the blanks being filled in)

I'm hoping for a flashback of the actual encounter. It's looking like flashbacks could play a part as the papers had pics of her entering the flat at night. Who could have lured her there though? Did she think she was going for a sale or agree to go there to patch things up with someone like Cindy or Peter or was she lured there under false pretences? The fact that her bag is taken, well they think she's been mugged at first. Why would the person do this if they didn't think they killed her? It could be second impact syndrome and she just collapsed on her way home or was her body moved? Her phone could play quite a pivotal role in this investigation. What was the contents of that last e-mail?

Maybe she was meeting her drug dealer. Ian didn't give her back her stash and we could imagine her needing some after her fall out with Ian. The drug dealer has to be someone on the Square. I'm thinking Aleks, Jake, possibly Ronnie. Things can get nasty quite easily with these people and I wouldn't find it too much of a stretch for one of these to lash out at her.

From the radio trails we know Jake was out of it and Ian went to the restaurant. Where were Peter and Cindy? People could easily have slipped in and out of the house party/pool competition without being noticed. Charlie followed Ronnie out but we never actually saw the party and the whole Nick thing is still unresolved or did Lucy uncover the truth about Carl? I think it'll be separate but Nick will probably be one of the OMG moments.

Aleks was creepily sitting in the cafe on Friday, he'll surely play some part.

Then, there's the mystery of who saw Lax kissing? Cindy seemed to know when she saw them together, Jake could be out for revenge or Abi could feel betrayed and afraid it'll send Lauren back into freefall. Abi is definetly a dark horse but she wouldn't have done it in cold blood. I also can't see her moving the body on her own, then like mother like daughter they've a thing for dragging bodies through forests. The fallout would be big and fit in with what Dom said in his interview, they could pull it off.

What about the secret key Stacey gave Lauren? That has to come into play at some point. Could it be a case of mistaken identity? Lauren and Lucy have both been wearing the same outfits and it's been pointed out how easy it is to mix them up with both them both having the same initials. We know we're going to learn something about every character through this story, what exactly is the significance of the key?

My current theory is that it was Cindy. She'll go to jail like her mother and Ian & Jane will bring up the baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    If we're honest, whilst it may have been interesting or indeed shocking for it to be Abi Branning who killed Lucy to put it simply. It can't. Abi could not keep killing a fly a secret, the character would confess the moment she saw police at Ian's door.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reappearance of Libby ties in my theory that Abi is the killer. Libby and Abi are both studious girls with high parental expectations and a strong moral compass. If Abi is the killer her conscience will compel her to confess. Regardless of whether she turns herself in she would be close to a breakdown so there is no way she could run off to veterinary college like nothing happened. Seeing Libby at Oxford with her name on a door would highlight what Abi has lost.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    My mistake :p Keep limping onwards and upwards.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone."

What was that noise you just heard downstairs ...? ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm wondering if the text she got was actually Ian asking her to come home rather than someone asking her to meet them. Her turning back to look could have been her contemplating going back home, but ultimately deciding not to and she's possibly headed to the empty flats to seek solice. We know she's done that before as seen in previous eps.
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    The thing that sucks with this story is there is no real, strong motive for killing Lucy. It does seem on the face of it a device to try and entice viewers.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    all_night wrote: »
    The thing that sucks with this story is there is no real, strong motive for killing Lucy. It does seem on the face of it a device to try and entice viewers.

The thing that sucks for me is that so many people are judging it without giving it a chance or even reading about the storyline, the whole point is that we don't know much about Lucy therefore we don't know why anyone would want to kill her. Everything will be revealed after instead of before. It's an interesting concept for a soap, and risky since people are already rejecting it as it doesn't follow the usual soap whodunnit format (spend 6 months making the character public enemy number one, including several personality changes, kill them off, and then spend 1-6 months showing everyone looking suspicious until the killer reveals themselves.)

Technically this storyline will last no longer than most whodunnit storylines, it's just that the death happens at the start instead of the middle.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that sucks for me is that so many people are judging it without giving it a chance or even reading about the storyline, the whole point is that we don't know much about Lucy therefore we don't know why anyone would want to kill her. Everything will be revealed after instead of before. It's an interesting concept for a soap, and risky since people are already rejecting it as it doesn't follow the usual soap whodunnit format (spend 6 months making the character public enemy number one, including several personality changes, kill them off, and then spend 1-6 months showing everyone looking suspicious until the killer reveals themselves.)

Technically this storyline will last no longer than most whodunnit storylines, it's just that the death happens at the start instead of the middle.

Here here :D
  • Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I hope that on the 30th anniversary, it goes back to the episode of the night she died (18/04/13). I think it'd be better than flashbacks.

So for example the anniversary episode could begin with Lucy standing outside the house where she got the text, (or email) and continues to show us exactly what happened that night from Lucy's perspective. Maybe a lot of time had passed from the last time we saw her alive on-screen to her being dead, so they could show us who she interacted with on her way to the flats and fill in all the blanks that way. :confused: If that makes sense. So, like a step back in time episode.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay_Price wrote: »
    I hope that on the 30th anniversary, it goes back to the episode of the night she died (18/04/13). I think it'd be better than flashbacks.

So for example the anniversary episode could begin with Lucy standing outside the house where she got the text, (or email) and continues to show us exactly what happened that night from Lucy's perspective. Maybe a lot of time had passed from the last time we saw her alive on-screen to her being dead, so they could show us who she interacted with on her way to the flats and fill in all the blanks that way. :confused: If that makes sense. So, like a step back in time episode.

This is how I think it will be. I think the concept is too good for them to not do this and Alex Lamb made it obvious imho that's what they will do. The storyline in essence is being told backwards and once you go right back you end up where you started. So a flashback is the only way it will work.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    So many theories but I think it's Peter. I don't know why but I think it's him. Maybe he doesn't realise it? But according to the EE statement about Lucy's death, someone knows what happened?
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

That would be great and involve pretty much the whole cast.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is what will happen. It will be a flash back though, just an extended one? I'm guessing we'll have a pivotal character at the start of the episode say something along the lines of 'It was all my fault', and then the flashback commences.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    On the drugs.
    I think the drug dealer is either Masood or Jake, both have no involvement in Lucy's death just do come under suspicion, i think Jake is her actual dealer but Masood does deal as well. Aleks also plays a part weather he gets the product and stores it at his place or what i dont know, i think that later this year Masood reveals that he has enough money to send Tamwar off to Uni, using money he made from dealing, After Masood drunkenly broke into Aleks office he was blackmailed by Aleks to start dealing, Masood has several times done illegal things had stuff he isnt proud of. Masood didnt seem to surprised about hearing about Lucy, i know that easily he might just have witnessed Lucy taking drugs and Lucy paid him off not to say.

As for the killer im not sure, i think it might be Abi, but i dont want her to be it, Peter is a good suspect, Aleks, Jake or Masood for reason i mentioned are good shouts (Jake will be the first main suspect and probably leave later this year).

Im really looking forward to it, although 10 months is quite long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their are two things I want to say.

Firstly to an outsider this may look like an overhyped piece of rubbish. Their isn't really enough motive for anyone to murder her. But that's where the intruiging comes in. Whilst we've only seen one side of her, their maybe a totally different side of her who encounter and has many different relationships with different people. Also the events of that fateful night is unclear, leaving it a proper mystery. This is whys exciting. Usually with a whodunit, you have one person make a lot of enemies and spar with a number of people. You then see them either get shot, hit it pushed out a window without seeing the perprator. This is the typical soap whodunit. However the way this had been written is that in the final week we begin to see and find a side that we've never encountered about Lucy. We don't really know her. Whilst some suspects have been getting more reason for confronting her, we don't have someone who truly wants to kill her. And then we cut to her dead body on the floor. We don't know how she died, or the events leading up to the murder. We don't even know the assailant. And I bet anything, that in the coming months we will soon find more characters with stronger reasons to off her.

Oh and what's this key everyone taking about that Lauren's got. And why would someone kill her for it.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone."

What was that noise you just heard downstairs ...? ;-)

Keyser... you are ACE!!
  • fiyero26fiyero26 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    My friend and I have been obsessing over this since Friday night.

The toughest thing is that there aren't any solid suspects. At the moment, I don't believe anyone would have hated Lucy enough to do her any harm. The suicide theory is an interesting one. That would tie in the idea of someone being 'responsible' for her death as perhaps they were the ones to push her to it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the twists and turns play out over the next few months - I hope DTC has some good twists up his sleeve. At the moment, I just can't pick out the 'killer'. At first I thought the only person who could accidentally kill her was Peter, but I don't think he'd leave her in the woods. He'd be devastated and would own up to it.

My friend also keeps going back to how she ended up on Walford Common in the first place. It's an odd place to meet up with someone, especially at night, so it would have to be someone she really trusts. Or, if she was killed elsewhere, it would have to be someone able to transport her to the woods. Which could then open up discussion on whether another person was involved.....

There is so much to think about. It's brilliant! Eastenders at its best. :D
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note, the director and camera operators sure made good use of having nice buildings to film for a change in Oxford didn't they? I wanted to see more of Libby's adventures in Oxford. I wish that there was a soap bubble on what her research entails. Isn't she older than Lucy and co?

Also, did they film the whodunnit trailer in 3D? It does look like it.

I now wish that they had killed off Whitney instead of Lucy. She is the most boring of the 3 teens (including Lauren & Lucy). All she ever does is swan around flirting with guys. Lucy and Lauren have other sl's that doesn't involve that boring doughey eyed look at every young man. Whitney is so pointless and boring. Even Terry had to explain why Johnny was not interested in her because she is so thick
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    IWasBored wrote: »
    On a side note, the director and camera operators sure made good use of having nice buildings to film for a change in Oxford didn't they? I wanted to see more of Libby's adventures in Oxford. I wish that there was a soap bubble on what her research entails. Isn't she older than Lucy and co?

Also, did they film the whodunnit trailer in 3D? It does look like it.

I now wish that they had killed off Whitney instead of Lucy. She is the most boring of the 3 teens (including Lauren & Lucy). All she ever does is swan around flirting with guys. Lucy and Lauren have other sl's that doesn't involve that boring doughey eyed look at every young man. Whitney is so pointless and boring. Even Terry had to explain why Johnny was not interested in her because she is so thick
    Libby did an English degree so I am not sure they would be a lot of research involved in that area.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was just at London Euston tube station and as I was going down the escalator, there was pictures of every EastEnders cast member on electronic advertising boards with the caption "Is this the killer?" and promoting this weeks episodes. Tried to get a picture but I wasn't quick enough. It was pretty cool and really well done.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Keyser... you are ACE!!

Aww thank you! ^_^ X
This discussion has been closed.