Options

Got my Scream Trilogy

DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
Forum Member
:D

arrived from play.com today so happy, i know its been out for ages but never got round to buying it think i will watch ALL 3 tonight so hyped for Scream 4 :D

Comments

• Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just seen the trailer for part 4:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/scream-4/trailers/11124604

I so can't wait! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i know im just so HYPED for it :D i keep watching the trailer over and over and over and over and over and over AGAIN :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would Gail Weathers be taking off the mask in the trailer?

Obviously, I very much doubt she's the killer but why would she have it on anyway?

Loved parts 1 (scariest) and 2 (better script) and felt 3 was a bit of a let down because Ehren Kruger wrote it.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    I'm actually quite looking forward to scream 4, the first two came out while I was in my teens in school and were like the movies to watch at the time so they will always be special too me.

When I know what you did last summer and Scream came out, those were the days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    I'm actually quite looking forward to scream 4, the first two came out while I was in my teens in school and were like the movies to watch at the time so they will always be special too me.

Sure were.. looking back I was only 9 when the first one came out. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member

same :eek::o:p
  • Options
    ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    i know im just so HYPED for it :D i keep watching the trailer over and over and over and over and over and over AGAIN :D:p

Lower your medication a bit :eek::D
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member

I was around 13 I think, perfect age to be enjoying those movies in all honesty :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cannot wait for Scre4m :)

i LOVE the trilogy!

Scream is just 5/5 QUALITY, redefined the genre and one of my all time favourite films! not just in horror but EVER! amazing script and Wes Craven's greatest direction since Nightmare On Elm Street!

Scream 2, 5/5 just the greatest sequel of ALL TIME alongside Aliens and T2! again, sharp script and the direction, also found it very tense and the sequences were just perfectly executed and SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR!! plus that climax showdown....a classic!

and, Scream 3, i give 4/5 while it manages to hold it's own i felt when this film came out many were trying to imitate the template set out by the prior films, but it brought the series trilogy to an explosive conclusion and while the script (by Ehren Kruger) wasn't quite as slick as the previous two, the direction was as top as ever.

The cast are brilliant in each film, the intro murders of a couple are ALWAYS pivotal and tense, i mean everyone will remember Drew's demise and Jada Pinkett's dramatic cinematic (literally) offing! and the twist of Cotton Weary's demise. I just wonder how Scream 4 will match up! nontheless i am excited!

also, i don't understand how Scream 3 gets criticised a lot, it's a very good film.

And also i must say with all these nonsense 'horrors' out it's great to have an old skool franchise to come back and re-awaken the genre a bit! and with Wes AND Kevin back! it's gonne be HUGE.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very much doubt they would have Gail in the trailer taking off the mask and therefore spoiling that it is her who is the killer. I'm not sure what the scene is but having her wearing a mask and taking it off is a mystery...
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited, they should bring th release date forward to January.

i was 4. :)
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    So excited, they should bring th release date forward to January.
    Originally Posted by trevvytrev21
    Sure were.. looking back I was only 9 when the first one came out.

i was 4. :)
    Your making me feel old, I was 19.:)
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Your making me feel old, I was 19.:)

sorry, loool
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was 4 when the film came out, i remember watching the trailer for it and scaring myself...in an intrigued way, when i was 8 i managed to catch them on tv when the third film was in cinema's and managed to get them on DVD in 2004 i believe :) and damn i can rewatch and notice something new everytime!

and watching the trailer for the 4th film gives me goosebumps, gonna reintroduce the franchise to the world again and regain the admiration for the original trilogy, maybe gaining more of an audience too :)

damn these films are so EPIC!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I'm so excited that i can finally see a Scream film at the cinema! I was 8 when the first film came out, 9 for the second and 13 for the third, and i've always wanted to see them at the cinema.

Must admit, the trailer isn't fantastic in my opinion. But with Wes and Kevin back in the saddle, i'm definitely looking forward to it.

I Know What You Did Last Summer! I miss that film. The sequel sucked but the first was fantastic. That and Scream used to provide great entertainment at sleepovers when i was younger :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member

I was 17 when the first one came out. Saw it in the cinema and thought the opening scene was the best 7 minutes of any movie I've ever seen! I have a soft spot for this movie and I've seen it "twenty God damn times!" ;)
    Scream 2 was great too! I remember being disappointed in Scream 3 the first time I saw it, but on repeat viewings I appreciate it for what it is! It's a cut above other similar style slasher films released around this time!
    I really enjoyed Scream 4 and would love if they made another one and pray kevin Williamson is fully inboard if it goes ahead!
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My all wrote: »
    ....... and pray kevin Williamson is fully inboard if it goes ahead!

Not a chance in Hell he will be involved in it, he's cut all ties now. Which is hardly surprising considering the way he was treated during S4's production.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Not a chance in Hell he will be involved in it, he's cut all ties now. Which is hardly surprising considering the way he was treated during S4's production.

He's claiming he got pissed off at Bob Weinstein but they made up, however he was contractually obliged to keep The Vampire Diaries in first position, so would have been forced to abandon ship during Scre4m, regardless of whether he was happy with it or not.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scream 5 is looking increasingly unlikely to happen. It's now been three years since 4 was released and there's been nothing on a follow-up.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Due to this thread getting bumped and drawn to my attention I acquired Scream 1-3, I already had 4, and its amazing looking back when you know who the killers are and the nods etc to it.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Scream 5 is looking increasingly unlikely to happen. It's now been three years since 4 was released and there's been nothing on a follow-up.

I know but that's what Neve Campbell, Wes Craven were saying for a decade after Scream 3. I feel that there's always a little bit of hope. Even if we have to wait another 10 years.
  • Options
    AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love scream trilogy
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love scream trilogy

Don't like Scream 4 then?

It was far better than 3 (imo)