Options

Kate Silverton pregnant-lovely news x

PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
Forum Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1384807/BBC-journalist-Kate-Silverton-announces-months-pregnant.html I really like Kate Silverton and I am so pleased at this good news after so much struggle starting a family.:):)

Comments

• Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to them.

No idea who she is but I always like to hear the good news when people have fertility problems and then manage to get their longed for pregnancy.

Though I would put money on some horrid posts on the DM messageboard about her being too old and a selfish career woman :mad:
  • Options
    PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    Se presents various BBC news shows on a non permanent basis-1oclock news,6 oclock news ,BBC News 24 and BBC Breakfast.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Kate. Congrats to her, and her husband!
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy for the couple. Its good that things worked out for them and they will have what they want.
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cor lucky man;)
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lovely news, she must be thrilled. congrats.
  • Options
    JustJanetnoJohnJustJanetnoJohn Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Oh that's really nice news for a change. Always liked Kate, wondered why she left the wright stuff. Congratulations and enjoy, they don't stay small for long enough.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww congratulations to them both :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So happy for Kate and Mike. I never thought this would happen for her after 4 IVF attempts. They will both make the best parents. Both lovely people - really put a smile on my face. Just show you should never stop believing in nature ...

x x x x x
  • Options
    XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was a lesbian.....I could have sworn it was her who "came out" last year or something. Hmm must have been someone else, :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    Fantastic news, so pleased for Kate and her husband especially afrer four failed attempts at IVF and for Kate to fall pregnant natrually, it was heartbreaking reading an article last year about her struggling to concieve.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations Kate. So lovely after her struggles. Gives hope to me, with my one round of IVF in a few months on the NHS. Hope I can emulate her happy ending! :)
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I thought this said Kate Middleton at first.:o But congratulations to her, she's a good presenter and always comes across as a nice woman when I've happened to catch her on BBC Breakfast.
  • Options
    Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was a lesbian.....I could have sworn it was her who "came out" last year or something. Hmm must have been someone else, :o

That "someone else" is Jane Hill.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That "someone else" is Jane Hill.

who is rarely on the mainstream news now
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Though I would put money on some horrid posts on the DM messageboard about her being too old and a selfish career woman :mad:

Probably, but I think if a woman is still capable of conceiving naturally then clearly she is not 'too old' to do so. If she is still in good health then there should be no problem.

Good luck to Kate and her husband.
  • Options
    I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    I love Kate. She's gorgeous.

I shall now look at the article and especially the comments. Unfortunately, I think I can pre-empt the way the comments will go.
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not know her as in seeing her on telly but I love reading good news so congratulations to the couple
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    That's lovely for her, and she's definitely not too old. My Mum was a bout the same age when she had me, natural pregnancies can and do happen at that age. I was born perfectly healthily and happily and never felt I suffered from having slightly older parents.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Congrats to her and her hubbie, always liked her and it's lovely news :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is lovely news. I really like Kate Silverton, she's a damned good journalist and I remember her presenting a documentary on teenage mothers and she came across very well in it. I remember she was present at a birth and she was welling up and genuinely honoured to be there. You could tell she really wanted children of her own. Good luck to you chandlersbing. I really mean that!
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for her!

I see she's presenting today's One o' Clock News.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Camino wrote: »
    who is rarely on the mainstream news now
    That'll teach her! :D

I've always liked Kate. Just my type!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huge congratulations to Kate and her hubby! Bet she's still in shock after everything they've been through.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Kate, looks blooming on todays one o'clock news, only said to OH last week I thought she was pregnant.