Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Evening! I'm in EU Competition Law now. Last lecture with French Dude :( I'm kinda sad actually.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where you off ZB :)?

Awe i bet your feeling all nostalgic CNBC may have to stay behind after class for a chat :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Awe i bet your feeling all nostalgic CNBC may have to stay behind after class for a chat :p

I might have to :p I could always stay friends with him, but I don't want you know who to get jealous.
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    i don't mind the Roman Invasion of Britain or like the beginning of western democracy etc Bettany Hughes my fave historian does loads of great documentaries check them out on youtube :) And same here I love 12th centrary onwards like English invasion of Wales the wars of the roses i could go on i love History :p

Well people are divided it's my favourite and what i would cite as her best but some say The Dreaming which i also love so on this one only you can decided :)

Ah yes, I do like Bettany Hughes, I've watched several of her documentaries including one on Helen of Troy. The Tudors was always a speciality of mine, Elizabeth I in particular. But yeah I do like 19th century onwards, looking into the break from religion and the social change that happened as a result; communism, fascism etc

The Dreaming I believe is one of her least successful commercially whilst Hounds of Love was viewed as a rebound
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might have to :p I could always stay friends with him, but I don't want you know who to get jealous.

Haha just swap e-mails every so often you know like to update him on your blossoming future in law no one need be jealous :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha just swap e-mails every so often you know like to update him on your blossoming future in law no one need be jealous :p

That would work :p That way you know who wouldn't know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha exactly keep it all covert :p

Rather Addicted to The Sats after their recent triumph so many hits more worthy of #1 but at least they have it at last :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha exactly keep it all covert :p

Rather Addicted to The Sats after their recent triumph so many hits more worthy of #1 but at least they have it at last :p

Exactly :p Which songs of theirs are you listening to? I'll have to talk to French Dude sometime about that Saturdays CD :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Ah yes, I do like Bettany Hughes, I've watched several of her documentaries including one on Helen of Troy. The Tudors was always a speciality of mine, Elizabeth I in particular. But yeah I do like 19th century onwards, looking into the break from religion and the social change that happened as a result; communism, fascism etc

The Dreaming I believe is one of her least successful commercially whilst Hounds of Love was viewed as a rebound

i started to watch of the beginnings of that but for some reason not all of it she did a good BBC series on women in religion called Divine Women check it out if you haven't all abotu how the role of the females was pushed out of religion etc :)

And it was yes in at #3 then straight back out and only 1 top 20 :o Whilst HOL her biggest selling Era and most critically acclaimed :)

Well i put OYR back on my ipod then have all their singles save for ITIL, 30 Days, JCGE, so made up a playlist should send it to french dude :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i started to watch of the beginnings of that but for some reason not all of it she did a good BBC series on women in religion called Divine Women check it out if you haven't all abotu how the role of the females was pushed out of religion etc :)

And it was yes in at #3 then straight back out and only 1 top 20 :o Whilst HOL her biggest selling Era and most critically acclaimed :)

Well i put OYR back on my ipod then have all their singles save for ITIL, 30 Days, JCGE, so made up a playlist should send it to french dude :D

Oh that does sound interesting, I'll have a look for that! I know sometime soon, the BBC are doing a series based on "The White Queen" by Philippa Gregory which I believe is about the role of Elizabeth Woodville, Margaret of Anjou and Margaret Beaufort during the Wars of the Roses

I'm going to have to have a big music day when I'm off and give loads of stuff a good listen, amongst them these two albums :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that does sound interesting, I'll have a look for that! I know sometime soon, the BBC are doing a series based on "The White Queen" by Philippa Gregory which I believe is about the role of Elizabeth Woodville, Margaret of Anjou and Margaret Beaufort during the Wars of the Roses

I'm going to have to have a big music day when I'm off and give loads of stuff a good listen, amongst them these two albums :)

It's in YouTube so is easy to find :) and I know am so excited I love phillipa Gregory and have read all the cousins war series so should be good if not wholly accurate Elizabeth and both Margaret's are fascinating which leads on to anothe documentary I love she wolves of England by Helen castor the empress Matilda, Isabella of France, Eleanor if Aquitaine, margeret if Anjou and the thee Tudor queens (Jane grey is included) over 3 Eps now that is a good documentary :)

I love discovery days I bought tori Amos and absorbed her she's okay :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

What's on the playlist? I'm kinda sad EU Comp Law is over :( I'm gonna miss French Dude and his wit. I was listening to Can't Speak French earlier as well :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's in YouTube so is easy to find :) and I know am so excited I love phillipa Gregory and have read all the cousins war series so should be good if not wholly accurate Elizabeth and both Margaret's are fascinating which leads on to anothe documentary I love she wolves of England by Helen castor the empress Matilda, Isabella of France, Eleanor if Aquitaine, margeret if Anjou and the thee Tudor queens (Jane grey is included) over 3 Eps now that is a good documentary :)

I love discovery days I bought tori Amos and absorbed her she's okay :)

Oh wow! I'll look for all this thanks hav_mor :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh wow! I'll look for all this thanks hav_mor :)

It's okay enjoy them :) And just to keep yo even more busy heres a list of other things to interest you (mostly British History sorry)

David Starkey 6 Wives of Henry VIII
    David Starkey' Elizabeth
    A history Of Scotland
    The Story Of Wales
    Simon Schamas History of Britain
    Andrew Marrs History Of Modern Britain

And on my Saturdays playlist all thr singles bar the ones mentioned and Faster (should have been 3rd single) And GRGS 4th they always botch their singles :p And well CSF should always bring back memories of Monsieur francais :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's okay enjoy them :) And just to keep yo even more busy heres a list of other things to interest you (mostly British History sorry)

David Starkey 6 Wives of Henry VIII
    David Starkey' Elizabeth
    A history Of Scotland
    The Story Of Wales
    Simon Schamas History of Britain
    Andrew Marrs History Of Modern Britain

I've actually seen all of them with the exception of The Story of Wales and I watched the one about the Russian monarchy that you recommended a while back. Just watched the first She Wolf though and regardless of context, I would have been rooting for Matilda to be queen :cool: Eleanor is also fantastic, don't know if you ever saw The Lion in Winter? Eleanor is portrayed by Katherine Hepburn, very good film. Thanks for the recommendations too hav_mor :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've actually seen all of them with the exception of The Story of Wales and I watched the one about the Russian monarchy that you recommended a while back. Just watched the first She Wolf though and regardless of context, I would have been rooting for Matilda to be queen :cool: Eleanor is also fantastic, don't know if you ever saw The Lion in Winter? Eleanor is portrayed by Katherine Hepburn, very good film. Thanks for the recommendations too hav_mor :)

I thought you might have they are alway on repeat on the history channel :D And no i haven't i knew little of Eleanor but now i want to know so much more of her. And i know in some small way she won as her son succeeded but its so unfair that a woman obviously able more than the male contender would have been shunned. And its okay hope you enjoy :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought you might have they are alway on repeat on the history channel :D And no i haven't i knew little of Eleanor but now i want to know so much more of her. And i know in some small way she won as her son succeeded but its so unfair that a woman obviously able more than the male contender would have been shunned. And its okay hope you enjoy :)

Yeah haha and BBC Two/Four have done them to death. I'm all over anything historical, another favourite woman of mine is Isabella of Castile, they've done a Spanish tv series on her like The Tudors or The Borgias alas it's in Spanish and I cannot find it with English subtitles :(

It all links back to religion in the end eh? Women being the evil temptresses whilst the men must resist them and not listen to them :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah haha and BBC Two/Four have done them to death. I'm all over anything historical, another favourite woman of mine is Isabella of Castile, they've done a Spanish tv series on her like The Tudors or The Borgias alas it's in Spanish and I cannot find it with English subtitles :(

It all links back to religion in the end eh? Women being the evil temptresses whilst the men must resist them and not listen to them :rolleyes:

Haha i know right its like just make more new documentary's :p Yeah the mother of Catherine of Aragon i'd love to know more abot her and Ferdinand as it ha a direct link back to our own History with Catherine :) And who can forget Miss. Anne Boleyn ;)

And true add to that a patriarchal society in which the male power seek to oppress the females and peasant in order to keep their own hold over things crazy times :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha i know right its like just make more new documentary's :p Yeah the mother of Catherine of Aragon i'd love to know more abot her and Ferdinand as it ha a direct link back to our own History with Catherine :) And who can forget Miss. Anne Boleyn ;)

And true add to that a patriarchal society in which the male power seek to oppress the females and peasant in order to keep their own hold over things crazy times :p

Indeed, such a shame about Catherine, she seemed to be such a wonderful-loving woman who was loved by the people of England but Henry took it all away from her for **** Boleyn who's only real achievement that this country should thank her for is Elizabeth

Indeed, as demonstrated in World Without End, poor women all getting raped and Caris being banned from running Shiring
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And on my Saturdays playlist all thr singles bar the ones mentioned and Faster (should have been 3rd single) And GRGS 4th they always botch their singles :p And well CSF should always bring back memories of Monsieur francais :p

Right I'll make that playlist up and if I ever see him I'll ask him if he's interested :D Their management are hopeless. They would have had more success if they had released the right singles. Oh it does :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, such a shame about Catherine, she seemed to be such a wonderful-loving woman who was loved by the people of England but Henry took it all away from her for **** Boleyn who's only real achievement that this country should thank her for is Elizabeth

Indeed, as demonstrated in World Without End, poor women all getting raped and Caris being banned from running Shiring

I think Catherine was wonderful and clever and was definitely a victim of Henry but Ane Boleyn is far more important she started the reformation by introducing it to henry she was just too willfull and lost her head in terms of History Anne did more than most queens and thats why i love her :)

And i know Faster and GRGS from OYR but no 30 days and when my heart take over what were they thinking :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And i know Faster and GRGS from OYR but no 30 days and when my heart take over what were they thinking :D

30 Days was a pointless release really. Is it even going to be on the new album?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    30 Days was a pointless release really. Is it even going to be on the new album?

Still have not worked out the intention there too late for a re-release and too early for a new album and with WAU the material seems to be shifting if not completely from OYR. I heard The Way You Watch me was going to get a release (good song but not single material its a bit Stooshe-ish actually) so maybe they scrapped that needed a single and 30 days wa a left over so they thought why not. But they didn't even promote it all that much :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning to you too CNBC how's You :)?
This discussion has been closed.