Options

Frankie Sandford Pregnant

Comments

• Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given her history of depression, is having a baby the wisest decision health wise?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering some of the singles off Wordshaker didn't even crack the top 100 but they didn't get dropped.

sorry to be pedantic but they only released two singles from Wordshaker and they went to #2 and #9.
  • Options
    Alpo.Alpo. Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Given her history of depression, is having a baby the wisest decision health wise?

and on top of that, having it to Wayne Bridge of all people.

he is one sad, overpaid, overrated tosser..never liked him and strangely enough the business with that goon John terry made me dislike him more...but eh, good luck and all that.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um, why?????

Did you just ask me why i made a joke about footballers shagging each others wives and gfs? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    sorry to be pedantic but they only released two singles from Wordshaker and they went to #2 and #9.

You are right, I was mistakenly referring to two songs from Headlines!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are right, I was mistakenly referring to two songs from Headlines!

They went to #3 and #10? :o
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yesman2012 wrote: »
    never really understood the fuss about the john terry thing, you guys do realise don't you, that wayne bridge had already separated from his girlfriend by the time john terry had sex with her

no-one cheated except terry on his wife

Yes but there are codes of behaviour that most decent people adhere to and shagging your best mates recent ex comes under the heading of things only skanky people would think was ok.
    Lets face it, JT has a long history of being a scumbag and so why should anyone expect any better for someone with no real moral code?
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alpo. wrote: »
    and on top of that, having it to Wayne Bridge of all people.

he is one sad, overpaid, overrated tosser..never liked him and strangely enough the business with that goon John terry made me dislike him more...but eh, good luck and all that.

Frankie knew eactly what she was doing with Wayne and him with her. He gets a "cracking bird" abd she gets some securitt as Declan_Khan was saying. She'll be looked after by him for life. Even when he cheats on her, as we know what footballers are like. You can see these 2 are not made to last.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a very good reason Beyonce didn't have a child until she was nearing her 30s. She was clearly broody in her mid 20s but took the advice given to her and in turn is now one of the world's most recognisable women and part of a billion dollar power couple. Beyonce is not part of a band, she is a goddamn international brand with perfume deals, a fashion line, an endorsements deal with Pepsi and many others...

The Saturdays have been given everything, worked for little and have been very ungrateful given the determined nature of their management. Honestly with a different group of girls they might have had even more success but sadly it's a case of tossing pearls to swine and then only getting dragged into the mire as a result.

I honestly can't see that having a baby at a time that isn't convenient career-wise is the immoral act you seem to be suggesting (in very ugly terms). Life, as John Lennon sang, is what happens while you're busy making other plans. Not everyone is capable of planning things out so cool-headedly, or would want to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't see that having a baby at a time that isn't convenient career-wise is the immoral act you seem to be suggesting (in very ugly terms). Life, as John Lennon sang, is what happens while you're busy making other plans. Not everyone is capable of planning things out so cool-headedly, or would want to be.

Where did I state it was immoral? You know what they say about assuming... however I think the "u" part applies more.

Realistically they will be replaced sooner than later by the next 4-5 girls that want to try be popstars. It's not a great loss to anyone, it just is a case of them shortening their shelf life in terms of marketability by putting their personal lives before their professional one which sadly involves a lot more people than the average person's job.

Also Shadow2009, look up the chart positions of Karma and Died In Your Eyes already, please?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Frankie and John Terry, i mean Wayne bridge. :D

Im guessing we should be expecting Vanessa to anounce her's by xmas.

There was me feeling sorry for Wayne Bridge , looks like he had the last laugh , bagging Frankie from the Saturdays .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picklebum wrote: »
    I don't think they really give a damn about making music. They just wanted to be, and remain "famous".

As much as I like The Saturdays(occasionally :p). I do agree it's not all about the music. I used to follow Rochelle and Frankie in S Club Juniors(lol) and I remember Frankie always use to go on about how much she wanted to be 'famous' and be a 'popstar' So I can only imagine having a footballer fiance and expecting a baby is everything she has ever dreamed of :p

So, I definitely think it's not all about the music.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they arent the most talented band
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did I state it was immoral? You know what they say about assuming... however I think the "u" part applies more.

You are being disingenuous. You didn't use the word "immoral", but you did use the word "ungrateful" and the terms "tossing pearls to swine" and "dragged into the mire". You can hardly use such condemnatory language as that and then claim you weren't attacking their morality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are being disingenuous. You didn't use the word "immoral", but you did use the word "ungrateful" and the terms "tossing pearls to swine" and "dragged into the mire". You can hardly use such condemnatory language as that and then claim you weren't attacking their morality.

Tossing pearls to swine is a term used to descrive people who don't appreciate good things and opportunities.

Being ungrateful has nothing to do with morals, it has to do with not appreciating things provided to you.

Are the group as a whole now likely to be compromised in terms of marketability because 3 of 5 members are pregnant and 4 out of 5 are in long term relationships? I'd say so. That is dragging others down into the mire with them, from their marketing team to their stylists who will have to tailor outfits for their changing bodies to their choregraphers who will have to alter their plans also because of their changing bodies.

I think you are continuing to assume things to suit your own agenda or ascribing personal definitions and meanings that aren't actually inherent to the terms I've used. I would strongly suggest once again that you stop doing so because you are choosing to argue with what you'd like to think you have read as opposed to what I have actually written. I could call your language vile and personally insensitive if I wanted to, does that make it so? No. It'd be me ascribing qualities to your argument you haven't done yourself, so I can win an argument I've made up for you that I can beat for my own purposes rather than actually arguing the relevant points presented. So can you just stop trying to see red where there is only black and white?

I'm being disingenuous? No, you are reading what you want to presume what suits the argument you want to create by bringing morality into a subject about career viability for a girl group when most of them are now less marketable. Morality doesn't enter it, they aren't soldiers being ordered to kill innocent people under govenrment orders, they are a bunch of women that sing and dance to songs written for them and routines taught to them to make money from people liking them. There is no moral quandaries involved in that, just performance and payment for duties performed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tossing pearls to swine is a term used to descrive people who don't appreciate good things and opportunities.

Being ungrateful has nothing to do with morals, it has to do with not appreciating things provided to you.

Are the group as a whole now likely to be compromised in terms of marketability because 3 of 5 members are pregnant and 4 out of 5 are in long term relationships? I'd say so. That is dragging others down into the mire with them, from their marketing team to their stylists who will have to tailor outfits for their changing bodies to their choregraphers who will have to alter their plans also because of their changing bodies.

I think you are continuing to assume things to suit your own agenda or ascribing personal definitions and meanings that aren't actually inherent to the terms I've used. I would strongly suggest once again that you stop doing so because you are choosing to argue with what you'd like to think you have read as opposed to what I have actually written. I could call your language vile and personally insensitive if I wanted to, does that make it so? No. It'd be me ascribing qualities to your argument you haven't done yourself, so I can win an argument I've made up for you that I can beat for my own purposes rather than actually arguing the relevant points presented. So can you just stop trying to see red where there is only black and white?

I'm being disingenuous? No, you are reading what you want to presume what suits the argument you want to create by bringing morality into a subject about career viability for a girl group when most of them are now less marketable. Morality doesn't enter it, they aren't soldiers being ordered to kill innocent people under govenrment orders, they are a bunch of women that sing and dance to songs written for them and routines taught to them to make money from people liking them. There is no moral quandaries involved in that, just performance and payment for duties performed.

Suggesting somone is ungrateful is an attack on their morals. To say it isn't is ridiculous.
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    didnt he have a breakdown when they split? he didnt get over her for a long time,
    *Clem* wrote: »
    Yes, but he's had a girlfriend for a long time now.

It wasn't to do with the break up. It's in their book.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also Shadow2009, look up the chart positions of Karma and Died In Your Eyes already, please?

Again i don't want to be pedantic but they weren't singles. They were cherry picked from the album when it was released and charted in the top 200 on downloads, that was it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suggesting somone is ungrateful is an attack on their morals. To say it isn't is ridiculous.

By that logic if I turn down an extra sauage at breakfast, I'm going vegan. If I get up late for work, I'm an anti capitalist anarchist trying to revolt against the standard working week, right?

Seriously, just give up. It's actually slightly embarrassing at this point how hard you are trying to force your perceptions on to my conduct for your own presumptuous counterpoint.

When a lack of care about your profession equates to a lack of morals, you're really confusing business with personal matters far too much and for not enough good reasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By that logic if I turn down an extra sauage at breakfast, I'm going vegan. If I get up late for work, I'm an anti capitalist anarchist trying to revolt against the standard working week, right?

Seriously, just give up. It's actually slightly embarrassing at this point how hard you are trying to force your perceptions on to my conduct for your own presumptuous counterpoint.

When a lack of care about your profession equates to a lack of morals, you're really confusing business with personal matters far too much and for not enough good reasons.

Your allegories are simply not comparable with what we're talking about.

Please. You talk about them in the most vituperative terms and now you're claiming you've nothing against them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear. Sorry to disappoint but they weren't even singles... just cherry picked from their album release by people buying the album and they ended up charting as Shadow2009 already said. Awkward. Nice try, though. ;)
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Frankie Sandford, the vile Daily Mail will tail her for the rest of her life now.

It'll begin in the usual 'innocuous' fashion: 'pregnant and blooming' Frankie, followed by....

'radiant Frankie gives birth', followed by...

'tired-looking Frankie struggles with pram in Debenhams', followed by...

'Frankie Sandford, insert age, mother of one, battles cellulite and post-baby thunder thighs.

It's sort of inevitable.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    puppylove7 wrote: »
    It wasn't to do with the break up. It's in their book.

Im not going to read the book, so just tell me.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry but that is a ridiculous comment. Being ungrateful is more to do with being a bit of a brat which is sod all to do with any sort of moral code.

To say that anyone not agreeing with you is ridiculous is completely wrong imo
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see it's started already... Right on cue. Next step, watch your weight, Frankie, wouldn't want to get irreversible baby weight!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2323567/Frankie-Sandford-gives-cravings-scoffs-chips-watching-Wayne-Bridge-play-football.html

Horrific paper, sorry I had to link the thing.