Are there any forums on DS that you actively avoid?

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
Forum Member
For me I tend to avoid the Advice forum these days, whenever anybody posts anything people seem to jump onto them and accuse them of lying. Or they seem to be deliberately difficult, berating the original poster for something they have done as opposed to actually giving advice.

I also avoid Showbiz, I can't take seriously that level of vitriol.

Are there any that you avoid? :p

Comments

• fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been here long enough to actively avoid anywhere. I started with big brother, and when it ended clicked the 'new posts' button and found this bit. Which is quite nice, it's chilled and nicely random.
    I probably wouldn't post in any of the techy bits, as it's not my thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Most of them - I don't know anything about the soaps, or Big Brother, or The Voice, or X Factor, so I have nothing to add.

Of the forums I might visit more often... I like radio very much, have memories of listening to different stations as a kid, remembering local presenters of the 80s etc. But I do find that forum clogged up with a lot of 'industry insider' talk about the various groups that control the stations, Global, EMAP etc., and it puts me off going to the Radio forum more often than I do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look in most forums of my interest but I wouldn't say I avoided any. I don't really read much of the I'm a celeb, xfactor/voice etc., Big Brother, Soaps, fashion, and sports forums.

That said, I do ignore some thread topics.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 3/4 of them as I have no knowledge or interest in the subjects being discussed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I only avoid the reality tv forums.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't avoid any as such but the showbiz forum is just nasty so rarely go in there.