If Hayley and Dan do Jai Ho, they will win.

WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
Forum Member
✭✭
It's the most memorable routine ever.

Going to be so tense!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be ironic wouldn't it if the winning routine were not choreographed by Torville and Dean but by an outside choreographer! And the winner were the poorest skater of the three!
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amytigger wrote: »
    Would be ironic wouldn't it if the winning routine were not choreographed by Torville and Dean but by an outside choreographer! And the winner were the poorest skater of the three!

As the show is built on the idea of "Dancing on Ice" which combined dancing, performance and skating, I feel any of the final 3 would be worthy.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Going to be so tense!

It isn't the most memorable to me. Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now and Rock Around The Clock, both by Ray Quinn are more memorable, at least for me.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I hope the show isn't full of trips down memory lane. We've got Torvill and Dean's final Bolero, which is fair enough, but revisiting Jai Ho isn't quite in the same league. Hopefully they'll be able to come up with something original.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    It isn't the most memorable to me. Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now and Rock Around The Clock, both by Ray Quinn are more memorable, at least for me.

It's weird, cause at the time Ray was amazing. But I cannot remember a single performance by him.

Others are Time Warp, Cry Me A River, Music, Time To Say Goodbye and I'm So Excited. Those stick out to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    It's weird, cause at the time Ray was amazing. But I cannot remember a single performance by him.

Others are Time Warp, Cry Me A River, Music, Time To Say Goodbye and I'm So Excited. Those stick out to me.

I agree about Ray. I think Jai Ho stands out because it's different and there hadn't been anything like it on the show before. It's more to do with the choreography than with Hayley and Dan, but a lot of people seem to have been waiting for it this series.

I saw the DOI bit on This Morning on Monday and Philip Schofield said something about finally seeing Jai Ho, so I think they must be revisiting favourite routines. It's funny because I know Ray and Beth are better technical skaters, but I haven't got a clue what routine either of them will do if so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amber505 wrote: »
    I agree about Ray. I think Jai Ho stands out because it's different and there hadn't been anything like it on the show before. It's more to do with the choreography than with Hayley and Dan, but a lot of people seem to have been waiting for it this series.

I saw the DOI bit on This Morning on Monday and Philip Schofield said something about finally seeing Jai Ho, so I think they must be revisiting favourite routines. It's funny because I know Ray and Beth are better technical skaters, but I haven't got a clue what routine either of them will do if so.

Yeah, that is where this whole performance element comes into it. Hayley can deliver a performances so amazing, so intense that it can stick with you for years after - like Jai Ho. Whilst Beth and Ray may be great technically, all their performances seem to just blend in to one for me!

All of them will be worthy winners, though. I think Ray is the best skater, Beth the best dancer (most elegant) and Hayley is the best performer.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully a rebound vote will see Ray lift the trophy - he's the only one that has the dancing, performance and skating on equal levels.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Amytigger wrote: »

And only Gaynor's winning routine has fewer tricks or lifts in it........
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member

Ray was interesting in his year because I think (excuse memory if thats wrong) he won not even doing one of his top 3 marked routines in the final. You could conclude they were all good -and/or that none were that memorable pieces of music/choregraphy.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Going to be so tense!

for you maybe, not for everyone
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Jai Ho be memorable against Ray's and Beth's routines? As we don't know what routines they will be doing, it's impossible to say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Will Jai Ho be memorable against Ray's and Beth's routines? As we don't know what routines they will be doing, it's impossible to say.

It's not impossible to say.

The fact that nobody knows which one Beth or Ray will chose as "favourite from any series" clearly shows that Jai Ho is more memorable. Beth and Ray can chose any they want, but it's not going to be a casual viewer hit like Jai Ho will be!
  • SWRD85SWRD85 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Clown is a very understated routine and might just help Beth out a little bit more ;)
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Going to be so tense!
    Doubt it - at the time it was captivating but even the GBP have moved on since then. We look at it now and ask "Where is the skating?"
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The fact that nobody knows which one Beth or Ray will chose as "favourite from any series" clearly shows that Jai Ho is more memorable. Beth and Ray can chose any they want, but it's not going to be a casual viewer hit like Jai Ho will be!

Memorable, doesn't mean better. It was more memorable because of the syle and costumes, it stood out as a dance, it was iconic. Of course it was a great performance, but on the night I think its more likely to be judged alongside whichever ones Ray and Beth picks in terms of skating and perfomance. Many might prefer it on the night of course, but the fact it is memorable doesn't really mean anything in my book. Some of Wagners performances on the Xfactor are more memorable to me than Sam Baileys, doesn't mean I think they're better or that I'd vote for them on the night.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No it doesn't. It shows that we don't know what routines they're doing.

Also, anything can happen on the night. Hayley could mess up (a la Suzanne, with her Music routine) and/or one of the others could blow her performance out of the water. We'll be seeing all three routines together, so it doesn't really matter how memorable Jai Ho is now. I also think that people who remember Jai Ho may find that it doesn't live up to their memories, so being a memorable routine may be a disadvantage (again, see Suzanne and her Music routine).
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jai Ho will give Hayley 40 and deservedly so if she does it and it all goes to plan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong but Jai Ho was choreographed by Jayne and Chris. Many of the moves were TnD moves from their songs of India routine way back when. Obviously stylisation came from the lady that was bought in to help. But everything ice based was Jayne and Chris, and the chorus bit was a combination of the two
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's another typical Hayley routine. Arm dancing, toe picks, two lifts and four spins. As usual the skating element is minimal.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm bored to tears of Jai bloody Ho this series and I haven't even seen it yet.

Pass the sick bag Alice.
  • Mrs FinkelsteinMrs Finkelstein Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Going to be so tense!

'Music' was also one of the most memorable routines on DOI, and after the shock of Suzanne ending up in the SO it was assumed she would come out, do 'Music' and it would be bye bye Kyran.

Not so, she came out, made mistakes, but most of all, it just looked a bit 'meh' overall and a bit of a disappointment. Something's are better as memories, and just disappoint in reality.

JMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm bored to tears of Jai bloody Ho this series and I haven't even seen it yet.

Pass the sick bag Alice.

What will you during the final when it appears - put the kettle on, or something interesting like feed the cat? :D
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought Chris Fountain did Cry me a River??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Chris Fountain did Cry me a River??

He did. I was listing other memorable performances, those were the instant ones.