Options

Debit card expiring and moving house

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
Forum Member
Just checked and my card expires in April, and I updated my address with the bank earlier this week as I recently moved.

I'm just a bit worried about my new card and pin being sent to my old address. :o How long before the card expires do these things get sent?

Comments

• Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I usually get mine a couple of months before, So it should be due. Check with the bank?
  • Options
    PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine came a month before. Maybe give the bank a call?
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My card expires end of April each year, and I usually get a new one 2-3 weeks before.

You shouldn't get a new PIN anyway, as all they are doing is giving you a new card. I never get a new PIN, just a new card.
  • Options
    PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    artnada wrote: »

You shouldn't get a new PIN anyway, as all they are doing is giving you a new card. I never get a new PIN, just a new card.

Yes this is right, the PIN stays the same
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Could you not ask your bank if you can collect it from a branch? My bank allows that and personally it's far safer.
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Just checked and my card expires in April, and I updated my address with the bank earlier this week as I recently moved.

I'm just a bit worried about my new card and pin being sent to my old address. :o How long before the card expires do these things get sent?
    I have had debit cards for accounts that I didn't use for years that were never "renewed" :eek:

They never sent out a new card, I had to go into the branch and ask :blush:
  • Options
    DMN1968DMN1968 Posts: 2,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not get your post redirected for a period of time after moving house? I think you can do it for 6 months or a year, or possibly even longer.

The banks can arrange for important documents to be collected in branch - we have to do this as we have a serious ongoing theft problem with the Royal Mail.