Options

Anybody being forced or tagged to wear make up?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like more FB narcissism to me.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's become endemic on my Facebook. Total narcissism.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like more FB narcissism to me.
    Semierotic wrote: »
    It's become endemic on my Facebook. Total narcissism.

Well seeing as my FB friends who are doing this do not normally post their photos ( two are cancer survivors) and most definitely do not have any make up on, I will say it must be the type of friends you have. Maybe change your friends and not slag off the people who are doing this for a good reason. Just a idea :)
  • Options
    HogeyzHogeyz Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this sums up what a lot of us thought about the campaign.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/21/no-make-up-selfie-facebook-beat-cancer-research-meme

Although, can I say well done everyone on raising £2m for cancer, even though that wasn't the original intention, the meme was eventually turned into something positive and that is an unreal amount in 48 hours and deserves congratulating.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well seeing as my FB friends who are doing this do not normally post their photos ( two are cancer survivors) and most definitely do not have any make up on, I will say it must be the type of friends you have. Maybe change your friends and not slag off the people who are doing this for a good reason. Just a idea :)

Most of my friends haven't partaken. We all have FB friends we're not really friends with, and in my case all the usual suspects who posted selfies are exactly the people I'd expect it of and whom I barely see in real life.

FWIW, I have standing order with Cancer Research UK, so I'm not saying this as an armchair critic.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we have the drinking challenge, no make up, make up, now ice buckets what next?

Not everybody wants to be forced into these challenges.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    A few of my friends on FB have nominated me to do it, which I wont
    Instead I have donated and posted the email on my FB just to show Im supporting, although not participating. Its a bit of fun though and until this week was something I had never heard of so perhaps to an extent its raising awareness
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,596
    Forum Member
    What does "tagged to wear make up" mean?
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one is being forced to do anything. You get nominated or tagged, you either do it or you don't, in a couple of days/hours you'll be forgotten about anyway so no need to make a big drama out of it.

jjwales - try reading the thread, it'll become apparent then.
  • Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,921
    Forum Member
    I think it's the word forced that's weird ~ what happens if you don't, do the FB police come round?
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,596
    Forum Member
    No-one is being forced to do anything. You get nominated or tagged, you either do it or you don't, in a couple of days/hours you'll be forgotten about anyway so no need to make a big drama out of it.

jjwales - try reading the thread, it'll become apparent then.

Did have a quick look at the thread but it wasn't immediately clear. Never mind!
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linkinpark has decided at last to join in. Look how good he looks with his make up on

:D