NTL changing Talk Unlimited Local!

Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just to let whoever is on Talk Unlimited local know,that from Sept 1st this will only be the case on WEEKENDS.They are changing it to Talk Unlimited Weekends,at the same price. :mad:

CS just told my bf this on the phone...we're not happy bunnies.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Just to let whoever is on Talk Unlimited local know,that from Sept 1st this will only be the case on WEEKENDS.They are changing it to Talk Unlimited Weekends,at the same price. :mad:

NTL already offers FREE UK calls at weekends as part of their basic 'talk weekends' line rental. Those still on the old 3-2-1 standard tariff get FREE local calls at weekends too.
  • SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    So in other words they are scrapping it? I will be demanding my £2 reduction on my bill in that case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    addy wrote:
    Those still on the old 3-2-1 standard tariff get FREE local calls at weekends too.
    Really? Last time I spoke to customer service they looked over my package and said that I shouldn't be on 3-2-1 because it was an old tariff and they would switch me to Talk Weekends instead.

I presume there's a catch there somewhere, but I couldn't be bothered to find out what it was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member

To clear up on this issue.

Talk Unlimited Local was a call plan that offered free local calls on evenings and weekends, at a cost of £2 per month.

The correct name for the new call plan is Talk Weekends, and provide free local AND NATIONAL call the whole day on saturday and sunday, while maintaining the standard 321 tariff during the week. Talk unlimited local still exists, but cannot be applied. What this means is that who has it now can keep it, but it is impossible to re apply it to new or exisiting accounts.

All ntl call plans are only for the 1st hour, after which you start to get billed under the 321 tariff (including a connection charge that gets applied), therefore the call should be terminated BEFORE the 1st hour to be free (although you can redial the very same number and get another 60mins, and so on)

There is no catch at all on the Talk Weekends, hence if you are on the 321, it is a good decision to change to TW. (unless if you are recieving an offer that requires you to have 321). Be aware that as Talk unlimited local is no longer availiable, if you have it and change it to a different call plan, you will NOT be able to go back to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how is it a good decision to switch to TW? all you gotta do is re-dial after 60 mins, and pay 6p connection, no way is that going to add to £2 over a month
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pyphon wrote:
    how is it a good decision to switch to TW? all you gotta do is re-dial after 60 mins, and pay 6p connection, no way is that going to add to £2 over a month
    You don't pay any connection on free calls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    TomNls wrote:
    You don't pay any connection on free calls.

you do on talk weekends because its not in the unlimited talk plan range