Options

House pics in this weeks Heat!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they painted the house white again, like pre-BB7?
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Guyball89 wrote: »
    These pics have got me excited about this series too. When all the hype around BB8 was about I had a feeling it wouldnt be great, obviously cant actually predict, but things are looking good.

I know what you mean, I had a bad feeling about BB8 and it turned out crap and a good feeling about BB7 and it turned out good.

I'm feeling good vibes from the house and start date, I hope the eye and actual series don't disappoint.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've said it last year (whoops) but this year feels like we'll get change. The garden looks huge and I like the idea of a bigger house. Too long now have we had this theme of 'evil'. Time to rebrand, move on and revamp ala BB5. A nice promotional campaign (we have time, just under a month) and a great set of housemates (less is more the producers seem to have learnt) are the shaping for a BB to remember, for all the right reasons.
  • Options
    rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes big brother had never had 2 main series in a row drop in the ratings they always go up and down

this is an up year i think
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    god I hope they try the US Head Of House element.

Those pics are quite old now I thought you were going to show pics from inside the house!
  • Options
    UberbunnyUberbunny Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    god I hope they try the US Head Of House element.

They tried it in BB4. It didn't work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uberbunny wrote: »

are you sure? you don't mean the reward room do you? that wasn't HOH
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't remember it happening in BB4, but even so, it was never going to work in BB4 was it honestly? None of the housemates were even argumentative, let alone game players.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do you think this means that more american style tasks will be introduced?

I really do hope so, as after watching this years US BB it has gave me high expectations for ours and made me realise how crap our tasks and UK BB has been in the past, hence why ppl have switched off!

A HUGE garden would pave the way for great tasks, and thats what we need this year to keep people watching nothing better than seeing ppl cry as they cant cope with the crazy tasks anymore, or fighting to win for food, and maybe something like a weekly task for immunity for evictions and your own luxury room a bit like US BB would be good - give the housemates something to compete for!!!!!!!

I dont want HOH like US BB as its good the public get to vote in evictions as it gives us more control, but maybe having a weekly task for the food budget, then a weekly one for someone to win immunity etc
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bigger garden - better tasks sounds good but I don't want anyone getting immunity.

If your fellow HMs can't stand you let the public vote decide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said since watching BB USA that we have H.o.H but they can only nominate one, who will deffo go up for eviction. The rest of the housemates nominates two or more, so that there’s a min of three people up for eviction each week.

By doing this, Its giving the housemates a chance to actually have some power, but it will be up to the viewers to vote for who they want to save/evict.

If the person who got nominated by the H.o.H at the time doesn't get evicted, it will add to the drama create storylines. etc.

I think they should also earn the prize fund by the weekly tasks/secret missions, that'll also give the programme another injection of competition without it being too much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also .... You could have the saturday live task's as the P.o.V style competition where one person also fights for Immunity for that week so neither them or H.o.H can be nominated.

So the Week would look like this...

Friday; Eviction/H.o.H competition

Saturday: Immunity live task

Sunday - Food Task starts.

Monday - Nominations.

Tuesday - Noms revealed. Food task ends.

Wednesday - food task revealed.

Thursday - day of rest LOL!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I seeing the same pics as everyone else? the garden doesn't really look that much bigger to me. OK, it's a bit bigger then last years (just a bit) but that was the smallest ever!

With the way people are talking If i hadn't seen the pics myself I'd think you were describing a garden BB3 size - that was huge. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stesteste wrote: »
    are you sure? you don't mean the reward room do you? that wasn't HOH

Nope. For one of the weeks, Ray was HOH and the only person able to nom. Not exactly the same, but similar and just as crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. For one of the weeks, Ray was HOH and the only person able to nom. Not exactly the same, but similar and just as crap.

Did they not try it once it in BB5 as well?

it works well for BBUSA but not over here. US housemates seem to be more competetive and ruthless. Not enough of our Hm's enter to play a game for it to work - they're just in there to be become "famous". :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd forgotten that but according to Wiki:
    "Ray, as leader of the house in Week 7, had to choose the three housemates to face eviction".

He chose Cameron, Lisa & Steph with Lisa being evicted.

Oh, and this from the CBBC website:
    Day 45: Sunday 6 July

Ray's won the live task to become leader of the house for the next week.

The 25-year-old's toy sheep galloped to victory in a bizarre robotic animals race, pipping Nush's pig and Scott's rabbit to the post.

But his happiness was cut short as BB broke the news that he has to choose which housemates face the public vote this week!

How cruel?

"That is not fair," he moaned.

Sounds like another "get rid of the newbie" twist as they could guess that Lisa would be nominated and evicted.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    stesteste wrote: »
    Also .... You could have the saturday live task's as the P.o.V style competition where one person also fights for Immunity for that week so neither them or H.o.H can be nominated.

So the Week would look like this...

Friday; Eviction/H.o.H competition

Saturday: Immunity live task

Sunday - Food Task starts.

Monday - Nominations.

Tuesday - Noms revealed. Food task ends.

Wednesday - food task revealed.

Thursday - day of rest LOL!

Too many tasks, shopping and live task should be the only tasks, unless BB manage to suddenly think up new ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they not try it once it in BB5 as well?

it works well for BBUSA but not over here. US housemates seem to be more competetive and ruthless. Not enough of our Hm's enter to play a game for it to work - they're just in there to be become "famous". :yawn:

I think the BBUSA HMs are in it for the same reason, mostly.

I like the way things are with our BB - I like being able to vote to boot someone out, and if they didn't have that public involvement, it wouldn't be half as interesting if you ask me. What would be good, though, would be if evictions weren't so predictable as they have become (I guessed every single one in BB8). Dunno how they could achieve this, though.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The format is fine as it is. A decent selection of housemates with decent tasks and well thought out original twists and you have a killer series. The HOH isn't needed. I don't think its good to hand out immunity; people will only accuse Endemol of tailoring the tasks to fit the housemates and their favourite.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    TBB wrote: »
    A decent selection of housemates with decent tasks and well thought out original twists and you have a killer series.

Precisely! They managed it for BBs 2, 3 & 5 so we know it's not impossible.
  • Options
    StewartFStewartF Posts: 10,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun are reporting that this years house is a third bigger than last years.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article1137923.ece
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    StewartF wrote: »
    The Sun are reporting that this years house is a third bigger than last years.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article1137923.ece

That will be because the space used for the HND/HWH is integrated into the main house.

Not all the space may be accessible to all the Housemates at any given time, though smoking regulations mean that all housemates must have acces to the garden area (and the Heat photos suggest that there is just the one garden area).
  • Options
    GREATGUYGREATGUY Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its going to weird having a big house again, anyone know which house was the smallest? to me bb7 seemed smaller than the bb8 house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's going to be a third bigger then last years then it's going to be about BB4 size...which isn't really going to be that noticeable.