Options

Catchphrase - ITV

Comments

• Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I know.... Very naughty.

On an unrelated topic...... How much pizza can you get for ten grand?

:eek: OK, I give up. :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yes, I know.... Very naughty.

On an unrelated topic...... How much pizza can you get for ten grand?

:D:D:D;)
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    :D:D:D

and lots of cakes:D

She'll get a lot of cakes for ten grand. She can go spend it in Weight Rose:o:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

:D:D:D LOL
  • Options
    slammer-manslammer-man Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Exactly what is your problem?

Some parts of the show looked and sounded a bit off then the prevoius episodes. Like the one screen graphics for the one of the contestant score board was floating in mid air. This looks very unprofessional, how can something like this be broadcasted due to error.

And Stephen voiceover for the animal theme sounded werid. They should have made he do 5 voiceovers in different styles to match his tone of voice.

Your welcome :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    This is better than the old version because it has a better host and it has the modern look.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some parts of the show looked and sounded a bit off then the prevoius episodes. Like the one screen graphics for the one of the contestant score board was floating in mid air. This looks very unprofessional, how can something like this be broadcasted due to error.

And Stephen voiceover for the animal theme sounded werid. They should have made he do 5 voiceovers in different styles to match his tone of voice.

Your welcome :D

I doubt anyone on here even noticed all of that to be honest.

Its just a light hearted game show. We dont look too deeply into the detail.
  • Options
    slammer-manslammer-man Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    I doubt anyone on here even noticed all of that to be honest.

Its just a light hearted game show. We dont look too deeply into the detail.

I know, it won't happen again from me :p
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephen's quite good at presenting this game show. He's got a very good sense of humour and very charismatic. He's different to Roy Walker but to be honest, I think he'd come across as a bit stupid if he imitated Roy's way of going on when presenting this show. Stephen was definitely the right choice for Catchphrase. He's very charismatic anyway.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Stephen's quite good at presenting this game show. He's got a very good sense of humour and very charismatic. He's different to Roy Walker but to be honest, I think he'd come across as a bit stupid if he imitated Roy's way of going on when presenting this show. Stephen was definitely the right choice for Catchphrase. He's very charismatic anyway.

I'm actually quite happy with his presenting, which I thought I'd never be....
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    For a laugh I hope one of the Catchphrases in a future episode is Snake Charmer. :D:o
  • Options
    ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are so mean! :eek: Some of the comments about the contestant on here are... :o

I love Catchphrase, I was actually thinking about applying to be on it as I seem to be quite good at it and love playing along at home... this thread has made me question the decision even further than I already was :o:(:D
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're harsh but fair and if you won £50000 I doubt you'd give a damn what we said about you.;):o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    We're harsh but fair and if you won £50000 I doubt you'd give a damn what we said about you.;):o

*looks in mirror, imagines what my bingo wings would look like on a 42" widescreen TV* :D;)
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed it again tonight! Top move from ITV in making this.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spice Girls is NOT A CATCHPHRASE! :mad:
  • Options
    jak frostjak frost Posts: 273
    Forum Member

Any need for that!!!!!
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spice Girls is NOT A CATCHPHRASE! :mad:

Two thirds (at least) of the answers aren't catchphrases.:rolleyes::(
  • Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain the number 11 catchphrase to me? She said 'Cold Fish' and Stephen said 'yes, we can accept that'. I wouldn't exactly say that 'Cold Fish' is a catchphrase, so what on earth was it supposed to be? :confused:
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Beagle2 wrote: »
    Can someone explain the number 11 catchphrase to me? She said 'Cold Fish' and Stephen said 'yes, we can accept that'. I wouldn't exactly say that 'Cold Fish' is a catchphrase, so what on earth was it supposed to be? :confused:

More of a 'term' I suppose..you call someone a cold fish when they're unemotional or unfeeling
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see. Never heard of it! But why would Stephen say that he'd accept it instead of just saying it was correct? Is there a longer version of it or something?

Why would it be sitting in front of a fire if it was just a cold fish? That was obvious without the fire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also someone who gets annoyed at the amount of "catchphrases" on there that aren't actually catchphrases at all.

One of them on last night's show that irritated me was the spice girls. Spice Girls, as in the band. That's not really a catchphrase is it? It's just the name of a band! Unless I am missing something...

There was another one that irked me too, but I can't remember it now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was another one that irked me too, but I can't remember it now.

The X Factor?

I remember being annoyed by Celebrity Juice and The Only Way Is Essex because they were just like adverts for ITV programmes, but The X Factor is more of a catchphrase I guess.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The X Factor I can understand because that IS a catchphrase. However, it's still promotion of other (crap) programmes which really pisses me off! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I just managed to catch an episode of the new "Catchphrase" today on ITV Player. As someone who grew up with the original Catchphrase with Roy Walker in the 90's, I was a bit concerned that the latest version would be a complete and total disaster, but TBH, I was actually pleasantly surprised by what I saw. OK, the CGI graphics lack the charm of the original BBC- computer style cartoons, and Stephen Mulhern is no Roy Walker, but it's certainly an improvement on what had happened to the original, when they got rid of good old Roy and brought in some complete fool called Nick Weir who broke his ankle on the first day and constantly gave away the answers. So all in all, it's not too bad.
This discussion has been closed.