Forum Member
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    Like Vicious or The Job Lot. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Awww I like the Job Lot!!! :o
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    I too will be glad to see the back of it but rather less so than I would like to see the back of SCD, which is tedious now as especially as dear old Brucie is still on it.

Put it this way. If, as a punishment, I was forced to watch back to back DOI or SCD I would opt for DOI any day. At least I wouldn't have to suffer the Dave Arch band and the wailers.:rolleyes:

Strictly Come Dancing is pretty bad, but I imagine that it has an older age group following like Coronation Street so it should be safe for a few more years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could have done without all the changes and twists to the show. Would have been better sticking to a simple format for me. I shall still miss the show though.

Still, looking forward to next year's show and tour! :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Like Vicious or The Job Lot. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are they really that bad?
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Brianne. How is she going to meet guys now? :p
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they really that bad?

I only watched the first episodes of each & they were awful. They have absolutely tanked in the ratings as well.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I only watched the first episodes of each & they were awful. They have absolutely tanked in the ratings as well.

A lot of people were actually saying earlier this week that Vicious had improved a lot since the first episode. Maybe only watching one ep doesn't give people the best impression of a show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    A year or 2 back I'd have been devastated by this news, but I agree that it probably is time to call it a day... I would rather the show hopefully go out on a high next year with the Bolero 30th anniversary, than see it carry on getting worse. Hopefully the 'Pros On Ice' tour will carry on, I saw it recently and to be honest it would more than plug the gap left by Dancing On Ice for me personally.

I agree, the Pros on Ice show was great, I saw it in Sheffield and am seeing it again tomorrow at Murrayfield. In Sheffield I also paid £40 for the meet and greet ticket afterwards too, where I met Shayne Ward, he was lovely :)
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harr123 wrote: »
    I agree, the Pros on Ice show was great, I saw it in Sheffield and am seeing it again tomorrow at Murrayfield. In Sheffield I also paid £40 for the meet and greet ticket afterwards too, where I met Shayne Ward, he was lovely :)
    From Robin Johnstones tweets it would appear her and Andy have gone to Canada to take part in another show, have they replaced them with another pro couple?
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    From Robin Johnstones tweets it would appear her and Andy have gone to Canada to take part in another show, have they replaced them with another pro couple?

The show they're in rehearsals for is inAmerica.

Had a look at the website and it mentions nothing about them not being in all shows, bit unfair on anyone who really wanted to see/meet them. Don't think they've been replaced either.

Least celebs on ice told people when Chico wasn't available and replaced him, plus they also offered an exchange of ticket/refund if the change wasn't suitable for you.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    The show they're in rehearsals for is inAmerica.

Had a look at the website and it mentions nothing about them not being in all shows, bit unfair on anyone who really wanted to see/meet them. Don't think they've been replaced either.

Least celebs on ice told people when Chico wasn't available and replaced him, plus they also offered an exchange of ticket/refund if the change wasn't suitable for you.

If they are missing from the show and they haven't been replaced, the Scottish audiences sound like they are being short changed!
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV have done the right thing as ratings are down 4 million on the show's peak. It's still doing OK, but ratings are falling and it's come to the end of its shelf life. DOI will be remembered for its lavish sets and music.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    tobi wrote: »
    Strictly Come Dancing is pretty bad, but I imagine that it has an older age group following like Coronation Street so it should be safe for a few more years.

I'm 50, love both DOI and SCD and have never watched Coronation Street in my life. You can't judge a book by its cover. :D