Comments

• wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always kinda liked Victoria.
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked her but that make up is downright awful :( and what the hell is going on with her boobs?:(
  • CMK29CMK29 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »

I hate my smile because I have terrible teeth (my orthodontist gave up on me when I was 16, after years of braces) and I actually cover my mouth when I laugh - when I remember to! But most normal people can't help smiling - things happen in everyday life that make you smile. To self-police yourself in the way she does is ridiculous - it must take some level of narcissism because most people don't think about every single move they make, every second of every day.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit worried, she actually looks very ill. Almost Peaches Geldof like...
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    Jezz some harsh comments, I never understand why VB gets so many comments about her weight but Angelina Jolie who imo looks much worse seems to get off scot free. Okay her make up looks a bit crap but other than that I've nothing horrible to say.

I completely agree. I don't particularly like her make up and think she is too thin but, as you say, she's far from alone in being too skinny and yet she gets continually bashed while others get fawned over.
    Her main crimes seem to be not smiling enough for some peoples taste and bagging a man that many think is out of her league.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    I like Victoria, I like the way she dresses and her overall style but my god she doesn't look good here. She looks ill and a lot older than her 40 years.

Yes, in general I agree. I think she gets a lot of unfair bashing much of the time but in this case she just looks appalling and the criticism is entirely deserved. If she used a stylist to achieve this look, that stylist needs the sack asap.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CMK29 wrote: »
    I hate my smile because I have terrible teeth (my orthodontist gave up on me when I was 16, after years of braces) and I actually cover my mouth when I laugh - when I remember to! But most normal people can't help smiling - things happen in everyday life that make you smile. To self-police yourself in the way she does is ridiculous - it must take some level of narcissism because most people don't think about every single move they make, every second of every day.

Agree.............the pouting and posing and clinging on to DB was always ridiculous and unattractive and it just looks even more ridiculous as she ages...she appears to be going full circle with the comedy grapefruit breasts and extensions...she is horrendously skinny (and I don't think she is singled out on the skinny stakes, when collar bones are sticking out in such a prominent way, any 'celeb' will be commented on).
    I don't like or dislike the woman...she got very lucky on little actual talent and by making connections......it's been the fibs about her weight and boob jobs, the calculated and sustained effort to not smile and pose all the time and generally just taking herself sooooo desperately seriously......I think she has made a name and a fortune by determination and fluke...she knows it which is why her life has been such a micro managed, vain existence..it must actually be exhausting for her and for DB.

Not liking Kate Moss outfit but at least she looks happy and comfortable in her own skin without feeling the need for the dated and predictable contortion act VB loves so much.
  • CMK29CMK29 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Speaking of Mossy - might she be pregnant? Her face looks fuller and she looked bigger (for her!) on the red carpet than she usually does. Just saw photos from the amFar gala in Hong Kong and her skin is looking better than ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    I've had the impression for a very long time that David outgrew Victoria even before the Rebecca Loos situation. That's not to say he's been constantly miserable with her or anything but I just don't think he's that interested in her.

Yes. I noticed a few years ago he only ever looked happy in other peoples company or with his kids but marriages are funny things. They may stay together for the kids or "brand Beckham" or love. The kids are still young but "brand Beckham" must be redundant now and then there's love. This can cool and come back again but, sadly, there's no evidence of that at the moment.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    I work with people who suffer from eating disorders and it has to be said... it's the look in her eyes that give it away more so than how incredibly skinny she is. There's no light in her eyes at all... No 'smizing' or even a hint of life... so sad.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    Jezz some harsh comments, I never understand why VB gets so many comments about her weight but Angelina Jolie who imo looks much worse seems to get off scot free. Okay her make up looks a bit crap but other than that I've nothing horrible to say.

There are rumours that Jolie might actually be very ill indeed....
  • BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »

Bloody hell, I'd forgotten how she looks when she smiles. It looks very forced in that pic -- the saying "smiling through gritted teeth" comes to mind.

Personally, I think she doesn't smile because she's afraid of getting laughter lines.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    She has such a gaunt, sad looking face :( Look at those eyes! :eek:
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    There are rumours that Jolie might actually be very ill indeed....

Could you please expand on that or tell me where to look.
    Thanks in advance. :)
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    She looks gaunt, sad and generally not in a good way. I feel really sorry for her, she strikes me as someone who is very insecure and possibly internalises her issues.

Reading some of the comments on here made me feel even more sorry for her, to be honest.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I work with people who suffer from eating disorders and it has to be said... it's the look in her eyes that give it away more so than how incredibly skinny she is. There's no light in her eyes at all... No 'smizing' or even a hint of life... so sad.

I was going to say, I work in a Mental Health Hospital with an Eating Disorder ward, in these pics VB reminds me of the (mostly) girls I see from the ward. Her eyes look sad and lifeless.
  • FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,983
    Forum Member
    Balthus wrote: »
    Bloody hell, I'd forgotten how she looks when she smiles. It looks very forced in that pic -- the saying "smiling through gritted teeth" comes to mind.

Personally, I think she doesn't smile because she's afraid of getting laughter lines.

I don't think she's happy otherwise smiling would come naturally., the posing and posturing seem to be a priority for her which I find bizarre, how does she not realise how ridiculous she looks. She's tried everything to show she has a talent but a lot of people just aren't and never will believe she has got where she has through talent. I don't know why she doesn't just count herself lucky and enjoy what she has.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a difference a couple of days and different dress makes! She needs to stop these ridiculous poses. At the Alexander McQueen exhibition, with her chest pushed forward, the tops of her arms were covered by her black dress, making them seem even skinnier. Fast forward a couple of days, she looks far more natural, healthy and her beautifully elegant, white dress lights up her face.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/12/2695707D00000578-0-image-m-44_1426192845379.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/14/26A2FEDD00000578-2994758-image-a-136_1426347693154.jpg
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    She looks gaunt, sad and generally not in a good way. I feel really sorry for her, she strikes me as someone who is very insecure and possibly internalises her issues.

Reading some of the comments on here made me feel even more sorry for her, to be honest.

I agree, I think she looks extremely sad, especially in her eyes. There's no life in her eyes. She looks very tired too. I googled pictures of her earlier after seeing those pictures, and I was shocked at the difference in the picture below. Ok I know it was taken a few years ago when she was younger, but she looks so much better, happier and healthier. There's a constant sadness about her these days.

http://www.holymoly.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/mobile_450/wenn_t_victoria_beckham006.jpg
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW I like that dress. I think she was aiming at Goth look and ended up looking sick.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    It's generally a bad idea to judge people solely on their looks, even for celebrities. It just shows shallowness, IMO. I don't even know half the people featured in that article, but few of us know what their real personalities are like.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the comments are disgusting!

So easy to be nasty on a computer, I bet you all are bloody stunners, yes?
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    It's generally a bad idea to judge people solely on their looks, even for celebrities. It just shows shallowness, IMO. I don't even know half the people featured in that article, but few of us know what their real personalities are like.

Most people are commenting on her health/tiredness and unhealthy obsessions rather than rating her looks or attractiveness - and most of them out of concern and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I agree, I think she looks extremely sad, especially in her eyes. There's no life in her eyes. She looks very tired too. I googled pictures of her earlier after seeing those pictures, and I was shocked at the difference in the picture below. Ok I know it was taken a few years ago when she was younger, but she looks so much better, happier and healthier. There's a constant sadness about her these days.

http://www.holymoly.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/mobile_450/wenn_t_victoria_beckham006.jpg

You're right, the difference is quite shocking! Sad to see :(

I hope if she is struggling in life, that she's getting the help that she needs.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whether it was down to her choice of eye make-up, it made her look unwell and gaunt. It's easy to say she's just a 'poseur' but there does seem to be an inner unhappiness.....

It feels uncomfortable looking at her in some of the photos.