Options

First time hazels felt close to crying in her life

Comments

• Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in other words, the people booing her (who she doesn't even know) has affected her more than a close friends death?
    I think that's a rather unfair comment to make. People grieve in many different ways and it's not completely unnatural to not cry. We don't know how she felt or coped at the time either. I can relate to Hazel, I don't remember the last time I cried. That doesn't mean I'm cold or callous, it just means that it takes a lot to get my tearducts going. I'm sure she still feels down or upset like other people do, the only difference is she doesn't express it through tears.
  • Options
    Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did you possibly arrive at that?

My mistake. Her 'friend' being evicted from a gameshow caused her more upset than a close friend dying?
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That seems a very peculiar way to describe it. When someone is upset because a friend has just been evicted, we don't normally slam them for being sad 'for their own misery'. By that definition, no one is EVER unselfishly sad.

Well we dont really know if her upset was to do with Dan leaving or the horrendous boo's she recieved. She is so cold that I really am not confident that it had much to do with Dan.

And as Dan was her support in there it is more likely that she was feeling sad because of the removal of that support rather than Dan himself.
    I actually always felt that Gina was far more into Dan as a person than Hazel ever was, Dan was just a prop to her imo.
  • Options
    Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    I think that's a rather unfair comment to make. People grieve in many different ways and it's not completely unnatural to not cry. We don't know how she felt or coped at the time either. I can relate to Hazel, I don't remember the last time I cried. That doesn't mean I'm cold or callous, it just means that it takes a lot to get my tearducts going. I'm sure she still feels down or upset like other people do, the only difference is she doesn't express it through tears.

Your correct. Of course everyone grieves in different ways, it's human nature and there is no 'wrong' way of grieving.

I just don't understand how she can be more upset about someone she's known a few weeks leaving a gameshow (or the booing) more than a close friend dying? I'm just judging on what hazel said herself on live feed.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Pinkminxy wrote: »
    I probably appear cold to many people I first meet and I don't cry either. Can't even think of the last time I did. It's not really peculiar and I'm betting that a large part of people holding back emotions like that is because of their past for whatever reasons. I know mine is.

I was saying last night too, that my sister told me that Hazel's father was abusive. I can't find anything to prove this so don't know where my sister heard it, but if it is true, that could have some bearing on why she might not cry and holds those feelings back.
    I really don't think you should make such unfounded claims in public.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't cry when her boxer ex killed himself 4 weeks after they split because she was too busy poo'ing herself... probably.
  • Options
    vpowervpower Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually people who don't cry easily have often had quite a hard life. If you get little affection or comfort when you cry as a child you soon learn to stop doing it. Even more so if crying brings some sort of negative social sanction. Read up on boarding school syndrome.
    Badmk wrote: »
    I don't cry either. Has nothing to do with how easy or hard a life you have.

Agree with both. Sometimes crying causes more pain and you learn not so show it. Empathy is a wonderful thing. Wish more people had it:(
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She didn't cry when her boxer ex killed himself 4 weeks after they split because she was too busy poo'ing herself... probably.

What?!
  • Options
    BelindaJBelindaJ Posts: 2,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a strong woman and her own person and that is why I like her.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two years ago my daughter had brain surgery for 9 hours, I didn't cry at all during the whole time, until she came out of it and spoke to me. Doesn't mean I didn't feel like sobbing the whole time, but I didn't. Everybody's different. Had I started I might never have stopped.

I sob terribly during sad films.

Everybody's different, has different coping mechanisms and strategies.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mistake. Her 'friend' being evicted from a gameshow caused her more upset than a close friend dying?

Do you realise, at all, how awful you're sounding? You know fine well that she was saying it was the first time in the house she had felt like crying. I hope you never have to experience a friend of yours committing suicide.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    What?!

Don't feed that hateful venom by acknowledging it. :(
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't feed that hateful venom by acknowledging it. :(

You're right. Won't acknowledge them in future.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    There's a fine line between strong and hard. I guess different people draw the line in different places.
  • Options
    vpowervpower Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    You're right. Won't acknowledge them in future.

I know it's hard but it's feels better when you count to ten:)
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get why you would put yourself through pain by not crying, surely a release in private would be a better outcome. I know we all differ greatly in how we vent, but if you struggle so much to not cry then what harm is there if you cry occasionally on your own. That way you aren't losing face to anyone, privately collect yourself and then get stronger from it.

Not that its wrong, everyone has the right to decide how they cope. But its just how she describe it as being painful that surely isnt healthy if its so painful and difficult for her to cope like that. Its obviously not her natural way of coping with situations its something she forces to happen i.e trying with great difficulty to contain it.
  • Options
    PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    I dont get why you would put yourself through pain by not crying, surely a release in private would be a better outcome. I know we all differ greatly in how we vent, but if you struggle so much to not cry then what harm is there if you cry occasionally on your own. That way you aren't losing face to anyone, privately collect yourself and then get stronger from it.

Not that its wrong, everyone has the right to decide how they cope. But its just how she describe it as being painful that surely isnt healthy if its so painful and difficult for her to cope like that. Its obviously not her natural way of coping with situations its something she forces to happen i.e trying with great difficulty to contain it.

To be fair, even if she did cry, how many of her haters would jump on her saying she's doing it for sympathy and acting like a baby etc? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I have just listened to the clip again and she says she felt like crying but there was nowhere to hide. Perhaps she just isn't given to crying in public. Nor am I - I do cry sometimes but will seek solitude to do it.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pinkminxy wrote: »
    To be fair, even if she did cry, how many of her haters would jump on her saying she's doing it for sympathy and acting like a baby etc? :rolleyes:

Quoted for absolute truth!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any one has actually read about how she felt at the death of her bf you'd see she is far from callous.
    She can't even face going to his grave even when her mother went with her.
    She has shown she hides her upset from the other hm's.
    Some people just won't cry with an audience. This doesn't make them heartless just more private.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CMcKinley wrote: »
    She's cried before in the tree house with Dan after Daley went.

She's thick, basically, and she can't remember anything so the Dan moment has already been mentally erased. The other night she was explaining why she'd come in to make this supposed 'impact' and then admitted she'd forgotten why she'd come in. :confused:
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickmercer wrote: »
    She's thick, basically, and she can't remember anything so the Dan moment has already been mentally erased. The other night she was explaining why she'd come in to make this supposed 'impact' and then admitted she'd forgotten why she'd come in. :confused:
    I took that to mean that she lost her way a bit, forgot to stick to her aims for herself whilst in the BB house and got side-tracked by events, got more involved in Big Brother than she had intended to be.
  • Options
    AmyJamesAmyJames Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt she cry when Daley left?
  • Options
    LaneyhLaneyh Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Disgraceful comment and in no way relevant to the discussion here tbh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hazel on live feed telling Charlie that this is the first time in her life that she's felt the closest to crying. "People always used to say, i feel like crying and I just used to think what you on about?"

Seriously? How much of an easy life has she had? :o

Some have been through so much and don't shed tears. It doesn't mean they are not hurting.