Options

BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend 2014

Comments

• Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does Lorde look like she's about to have an epileptic fit on stage? All that spasmic movement, very bizarre! Lol.

Pharrell was great. Now it's Example and Calvin Harris.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how is this performing live exactly? if i went on stage playing songs from my walkman could that be considered a live gig, bloody ridiculous
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how is this performing live exactly? if i went on stage playing songs from my walkman could that be considered a live gig, bloody ridiculous

The exact same could have been said last night at the Dance Party at George Square. It was practically the same thing with the R1 dj's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twin Atlantic are playing on Red Button.

Now i'm just looking forward to Coldplay and hopefully hearing songs off their Ghost Stories album plus some old classics.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    This show would be improved no end if they banished Radio One DJs from it.
  • Options
    RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Not watching on the Red Button but on BBC3 instead who are broadcasting live. Just had an hour of Lily Allen and Ed Sheeran. Lily was good, quite liked her. Not a fan of Sheeran, his songs are just too girly for me.

Now it's highlights of One Direction and Pharrell Williams. Really looking forward to Skateboard P!

Lilly Allen and Ed Sheeren were not live on BBC Three, they played earlier in the day as i heard Lilly live at about 5.30pm on radio 1 and she was pretty good actually. so it was highlights, i think Coldplay are the only live performance on BBC Three tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lilly Allen ....is so surprising live.... she has that je ne said quoi
    .... she is so right for a festival style live audience... sure she is singing pop but she is earnest in her vocal .... warts and all..... just like every rock act ...very engaging .... and very singalong ....

She puts on a great live performance. I remember her set from Glastonbury a few years ago, far better than most of the completely over-hyped acts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coldplay rocking the Big Weekend! This is more like it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Coldplay rocking the Big Weekend! This is more like it!

They do seem to be a good live band, and Chris Martin genuinely appears to be a nice guy, but I really don't find their music at all interesting. I don't know if it's down to hearing it so much, or what.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hit song after hit song. Classic tune after classis tune.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R1 could easily have had Calvin Harris end the night for obv. reasons, but Coldplay were an inspired choice to headline and close Sat night of the Big Weekend. They blew the roof off Glasgow Green and absolutely smashed it! Just a phenomenal set, great live, just brilliant. They know how to put on a show. Coldplay ROCKED the Big Weekend! I loved it.

Katy Perry will have to do something extra special Sunday nigtht to top this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    R1 could easily have had Calvin Harris end the night for obv. reasons, but Coldplay were an inspired choice to headline and close Sat night of the Big Weekend. They blew the roof off Glasgow Green and absolutely smashed it! Just a phenomenal set, great live, just brilliant. They know how to put on a show. Coldplay ROCKED the Big Weekend! I loved it.

Katy Perry will have to do something extra special Sunday nigtht to top this.

Wear a very skimpy outfit and let the backing singers do all the vocals? Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Wear a very skimpy outfit and let the backing singers do all the vocals? Fingers crossed!

I think you'll be presently surprised her tour has had very good reviews including her vocals :p. she's come a long way has Miss. perry a few years ago and Gaga would have been headlining kudos to her for sticking around.
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coldplay always deliver the goods! :)
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was working it yesterday, and was close enough to hear a few sets, sounded good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Button highlights:

5-7.55pm - Kings of Leon, Chvrches, Gogon City, The Vamps, Sam Smith, The 1975.

9pm-1am - You Me At Six, John Newman, Subfocus and more.

BBC3 highlights

7-8pm - Rita Ora and London Grammar
    8-9pm - Tinie Tempah and Kings of Leon
    9-10pm - Paolo Nutini and Kasabian
    11-12am - Katy Perry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching online today.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Can't see the Coldplay set on Iplayer anyone know where I can find it
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Vamps were brilliant as per usual

KOL were pretty good, liked Chris Martin getting up

Johns got a strong start
  • Options
    Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Button highlights:

5-7.55pm - Kings of Leon, Chvrches, Gogon City, The Vamps, Sam Smith, The 1975.

9pm-1am - You Me At Six, John Newman, Subfocus and more.

BBC3 highlights

7-8pm - Rita Ora and London Grammar
    8-9pm - Tinie Tempah and Kings of Leon
    9-10pm - Paolo Nutini and Kasabian
    11-12am - Katy Perry

Thank you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »

KOL were pretty good, liked Chris Martin getting up

Johns got a strong start

First time I'd heard the vamps. Enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »

The Vamps are basically One Direction with musical instruments.

Don't really get the fuss about them. Their songs are slightly marginally better than 1D's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First time I'd heard the vamps. Enjoyed it.
    I've seen them once, met em and everything, really great guys with great songs.
    The Vamps are basically One Direction with musical instruments.

Don't really get the fuss about them. Their songs are slightly marginally better than 1D's.

I just really enjoy their music, there's rarely songs by them that I don't love, which is why I became a fan.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgotten how awful BBC3's highlights were
    I just got round to watching the highlights of Lily Allen and Ed Sheer

The first 30 minutes was Bastille and One direction, 5 minutes of talking, 2 songs from lily allen, more talking, 2 songs from ed sheeran, more talking and then one more song ed sheeran. Absolutley terrible highlights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rita is doing very well