Options

Incest 'Cult' Uncovered In Australia: Appalling Saga Of Depraved Child Abuse Revealed

124»

Comments

• Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Ugh. Terrible. Sadly there's probably a "house of horror" like that not far from one of us around here and we don't have a clue.

I'm certainly aware of cases where there has been multi-generational sexual abuse in extended families in the UK. In one such case, it was a rite of passage for boys entering puberty to have sex with cousins and sisters.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They mention a child in this set up who had parents who were not related. So someone from the outside world joined in with this dysfunctional crew.
    Blimey.
    That's even more mindboggling to me; because the ones born into it knew no different, so for them to carry on with is is not surprising. But an outsider? What kind of socially inept misfit was that person?
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The issues of support for these people is immense and it seems to be that to some degree they are all victims. One of my first reactions is that it is horrible to think that they think that this is ok and part on normality.

Either they will continue to think it is ok or they will come to see it differently. How do they cope with it then. Often in dealing with something people find it very healing to share their emotions with people who have walked in their shoes. In their case it is really only themselves that are in that position (to that degree). They have been part of each other's problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    They mention a child in this set up who had parents who were not related. So someone from the outside world joined in with this dysfunctional crew.
    Blimey.
    That's even more mindboggling to me; because the ones born into it knew no different, so for them to carry on with is is not surprising. But an outsider? What kind of socially inept misfit was that person?

I did wonder about that as well and suspect it was a misfit, i.e. someone who could not get acceptance/be tolerated anywhere else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    Many of the cousins marriages were with the Royal Houses of Europe.

Because royals tended to marry other royals, and Victoria had loads of children, most of the European royal houses had a descendant of hers in them somewhere. Two of them married into the Prussian royal family, one into the Russian imperial family and I think Edward VII's wife was a Danish princess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    potpourri wrote: »
    And by news reports I've seen, the family originated in New Zealand, that's where the first generation of brother and sister came from.

Shades of "Top of the Lake" there, then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    Because royals tended to marry other royals, and Victoria had loads of children, most of the European royal houses had a descendant of hers in them somewhere. Two of them married into the Prussian royal family, one into the Russian imperial family and I think Edward VII's wife was a Danish princess.

and even before Victoria. My comment was to challenge the notion that there are different laws here compared to "Europe" because of our RF.
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    Is it widespread among white Australians? If it is they should be ashamed.

I'm guessing it's not though. It's not common in their culture to marry your close relatives .

Please see the Australian Royal Family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »
    Please see the Australian Royal Family.

.. who haven't married their close relations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .. who haven't married their close relations.

who have married their relations (correction ***)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who have married their relations (correction ***)

who ave not married their close relations - close relations being the key issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who ave not married their close relations - close relations being the key issue.

who ave married their relations - relations being the key issue. (*** Corrected it for you ***)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who ave married their relations - relations being the key issue. (*** Corrected it for you ***)

no it is not the key issue and specifically not the issue on the post YOU quoted which said
    It's not common in their culture to marry your close relatives .
    Note the word "close"

It is also not the key issue for the topic of the thread which is about incest, not merely marrying your relations.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Ugh. Terrible. Sadly there's probably a "house of horror" like that not far from one of us around here and we don't have a clue.
    So you mean you think a family living nearby you is bonking one another? :confused:

I'd say that's pretty dangerous 'idle chatter'.
  • Options
    Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turn this into a positive thing, the study of their DNA and genetics and so on will be of great benefit to science.

This is somebody's life.. We are not nice which can be experimented on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no it is the key issue and specifically the issue on the post YOU quoted which said Note the word "relations"

Calm down, I agree. Incest is prevalent in the Australian Royal Family.
    It is also the key issue for the topic of the thread which is about incest, not merely marrying your relations.
    Is there a difference between incest and marrying your relations? I don't get what you are trying to say here.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member

Is there a difference between incest and marrying your relations? I don't get what you are trying to say here.

Tip of the day:

It helps to have some idea what you are talking about before you join the debate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no it isn't
    Of course there is. incest is having sex with CLOSE relations not just with cousins.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no it isn't

Of course there is. incest is having sex with CLOSE relations not just with cousins.

not in the UK it isn't
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no it isn't
    Yes it is.

Still incest though and something very common in the Royal Family.

Are you ok with this?
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Who?.