Summer Sport : Schedule Changes

benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
Forum Member
I thought people might find It useful for the schedules throughout Euro 2016 for the BBC & ITV soaps to be in one place, as the schedules are confirmed, I will post them here.

There will be disruption to the usual schedules due to the sport coverage, (hence the extra corrie on Thursday for e.g) but a good thing is, hopefully we will see some ED / CS episodes set and broadcast on Sundays, which will be a welcome change, especially for ED, I don't think we've had a single Sunday episode since it was axed in 2008!

WEEK: SUNDAY 29 MAY - FRIDAY 3 JUNE

MON 30 MAY

No Changes

TUE 31 MAY
ED (7:00pm - 8:00pm, 1 Hour)
EE (7:30pm - 8:00pm, Clashes with ED)

WED 1 JUNE
No Changes

THU 2 JUNE
ED (7:00pm - 7:30pm, No second episode)
EE (7:30pm - 8:00pm, As Normal )

FRI 3 JUNE

ED (7:00pm - 7:30pm)
CS (7:30pm - 8:00pm, As Normal)
ED (8:00pm - 8:30pm)
EE (8:00pm - 8:30pm, Clashes with ED)
CS (8:30pm - 9:00pm, As Normal)

Here we are folks, confirmed schedules for Sunday 5 June - Friday 10 June.

Note: Football (Euro 2016) begins on the Friday of this week, so not many changes during this week, but from next week (commencing Sunday 12 June) is when the proper changes kick in.

MON 6 JUNE
No Changes

TUE 7 JUNE
No Changes

WED 8 JUNE
No Changes

THU 9 JUNE

ED (7:00pm - 8:00pm, 1 Hour, Instead of two 30 minute episodes)
EE (7:30pm - 8:00pm, Clashes with ED)

FRI 10 JUNE
Note: Euro 2016 starts
ED (6:45pm - 7:15pm)
NO CS
EE (8:00pm - 8:30pm, As Normal)

Week : Sunday 12 June - Friday 17 June

Sunday 12 June

7:00pm ED
7:30pm CS

Monday 13 June

7:00pm ED
7:30pm & 8:30pm CS
NO EE

Tuesday 14 June
7:00pm EE (30 Minutes)
8:00pm CS (1 Hour)
NO ED

Wednesday 15 June
No Soaps

Thursday 16 June
7:30pm EE
NO ED

Friday 17 June
7:00pm ED (30 Minutes)
8:00pm EE
NO CS

For Week 18th June to 24th June)

SUN:
7pm Emmerdale
7:30 Coronation Street (1 hour)

MON:
6:45 Emmerdale
No Corrie

TUES:
7pm Emmerdale

WED:
6:45pm Emmerdale
No Corrie

THURS:
7pm & 8pm Emmerdale
9pm Coronation Street (1 hour)

FRI:
7pm Emmerdale
7:30 & 8:30 Coronation Street

For EastEnders, Holby City and Casualty fans, I don't know the airtimes for that week yet.

So Corrie is 1 episode in front after this week, and Emmerdale two episodes behind.

Comments

• pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love reading people getting really upset and worked up when ee isn't on because of sport.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to have a thread like this
  • benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    I love reading people getting really upset and worked up when ee isn't on because of sport.

Yeah, some people do get worked up about it! They can't complain though they had two hour long Wednesday episodes for two weeks in a row, so are four episodes ahead now.:D
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben96 wrote: »
    Yeah, some people do get worked up about it! They can't complain though they had two hour long Wednesday episodes for two weeks in a row, so are four episodes ahead now.:D

They'll still complain though!
    Forum Member
    Nice to have a thread like this

Thanks :) I hoped that people would find it useful, I had noticed that some people didn't know about episodes airing on different days etc , so I thought I'd start this thread.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks :) I hoped that people would find it useful, I had noticed that some people didn't know about episodes airing on different days etc , so I thought I'd start this thread.

I think it's a good idea . If we need to know what changers there Are we can check :)
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep good idea but still expect aother 20-30 as every time there is a change or certain posters notice the change and think they have to start a new thread to let everyone know

they must be getting the clashes in when they can as once the bbc charter is renewed they wont be allowed to clash if the government get their way
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a great idea and if people forget they can check here or use a catch up service. Instead of people throwing their toys out of the pram because we have Olympics and Euros record the show for the extra half hour or extra day and watch at the usual time. Or watch on iplayer. It's not like the old days when we all watched live telly. I don't remember the last time I did watch a soap when broadcast - everything is series linked on Sky. Kids come first and soaps come when I have time. Saves explaining affairs, child abuse, weird accidents, alcoholics, terminal illness etc. Personally I love sport so am thrilled to have a summer of football and athletics :D.
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    yep good idea but still expect aother 20-30 as every time there is a change or certain posters notice the change and think they have to start a new thread to let everyone know

they must be getting the clashes in when they can as once the bbc charter is renewed they wont be allowed to clash if the government get their way

I agree, do you think if we got this thread pinned that would help and prevent this from happening? Do you, or anyone else know how I would go about doing this? Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, do you think if we got this thread pinned that would help and prevent this from happening? Do you, or anyone else know how I would go about doing this? Thanks

click alert on one of the posts and ask the mods to pin it. will then keep it at the top of the forum and easier for you to add to

and hopefully people will see it and not feel the need to post (I doubt it will happen tho :D)
    Forum Member
    click alert on one of the posts and ask the mods to pin it. will then keep it at the top of the forum and easier for you to add to

and hopefully people will see it and not feel the need to post (I doubt it will happen tho :D)

Thank you :) I clicked "alert" and had to report my own post, is that right? I asked them If they wouldn't mind pinning this thread.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we pin this thanks mods ??
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Can we pin this thanks mods ??

I thought they were going to pin it because they removed the pinned post about the British Soap awards, but they seem to have removed that but still not pinned this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you :) I clicked "alert" and had to report my own post, is that right? I asked them If they wouldn't mind pinning this thread.

give them chance 😀 sometimes takes them a while to look at stuff esp on a weekend
    Forum Member
    give them chance 😀 sometimes takes them a while to look at stuff esp on a weekend

Okay, sorry lol (there's me expecting it to happen straight away)
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, sorry lol (there's me expecting it to happen straight away)

Pinned now :D don't forget to keep us all updated
    Forum Member
    Pinned now :D don't forget to keep us all updated

Will do, I'll post the schedules as soon as they are confirmed :)

Also, do you know if there is a way that I can get the current week to always be the first post, if you see what I mean? For example, the week from 29 May - 3 June is the first post now, but by, say mid - July you will have to scroll to maybe page 4 or something to find the current week, or do you think it's fine as it is?
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will do, I'll post the schedules as soon as they are confirmed :)

Also, do you know if there is a way that I can get the current week to always be the first post, if you see what I mean? For example, the week from 29 May - 3 June is the first post now, but by, say mid - July you will have to scroll to maybe page 4 or something to find the current week, or do you think it's fine as it is?

I think the only way is to post a new thread each time. Unless you can ask the mods, either via the 'alert' option or Ask The Mods function, to add the following week to the original post?

Due to the Euro 2016 group matches already being divided between broadcasters we can say for certain where soaps will not be airing in their usual slots:
    10/06/2016: France v Romania (ITV) - Coronation Street (7.30 & 8.30) dropped. Emmerdale could moved earlier or dropped due to opening ceremony
    13/06/2016: Belgium v Italy (BBC) - EastEnders dropped
    14/06/2016: Portugal v Iceland (BBC) - EastEnders dropped
    15/06/2016: France v Albania (ITV) - Emmerdale and Coronation Street dropped. Earlier match means Emmerdale will not be moved earlier
    16/06/2016: Germany v Poland (ITV) - Emmerdale (7.00 & 8.00) dropped. Earlier match means Emmerdale's first episode will not be moved earlier
    17/06/2016: Spain v Turkey (ITV) - Coronation Street (7.30 & 8.30) dropped
    20/06/2016: Russia v Wales / Slovakia v England (ITV) - Coronation Street (7.30 & 8.30) dropped. Emmerdale may be dropped for longer build up
    21/06/2016: Croatia v Spain / Czech Republic v Turkey (ITV) - Emmerdale will probably air as usual
    22/06/2016: Italy v Ireland / Sweden v Belgium (ITV) - Coronation Street dropped. Emmerdale may be dropped for build up

After then it'll all depend on how the knockout matches fall.
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    I think the only way is to post a new thread each time. Unless you can ask the mods, either via the 'alert' option or Ask The Mods function, to add the following week to the original post?

Due to the Euro 2016 group matches already being divided between broadcasters we can say for certain where soaps will not be airing in their usual slots:
    10/06/2016: France v Romania (ITV) - Coronation Street (7.30 & 8.30) dropped. Emmerdale could moved earlier or dropped due to opening ceremony
    13/06/2016: Belgium v Italy (BBC) - EastEnders dropped
    14/06/2016: Portugal v Iceland (BBC) - EastEnders dropped
    15/06/2016: France v Albania (ITV) - Emmerdale and Coronation Street dropped. Earlier match means Emmerdale will not be moved earlier
    16/06/2016: Germany v Poland (ITV) - Emmerdale (7.00 & 8.00) dropped. Earlier match means Emmerdale's first episode will not be moved earlier
    17/06/2016: Spain v Turkey (ITV) - Coronation Street (7.30 & 8.30) dropped
    20/06/2016: Russia v Wales / Slovakia v England (ITV) - Coronation Street (7.30 & 8.30) dropped. Emmerdale may be dropped for longer build up
    21/06/2016: Croatia v Spain / Czech Republic v Turkey (ITV) - Emmerdale will probably air as usual
    22/06/2016: Italy v Ireland / Sweden v Belgium (ITV) - Coronation Street dropped. Emmerdale may be dropped for build up

After then it'll all depend on how the knockout matches fall.
    For Friday 10 June, digiguide have Emmerdale airing at 6:45pm and the football coverage beginning at 7:15pm. I will post the week commencing the second of June later today. I'm waiting for schedules to be confirmed before posting , but thank you for the information :) Also, for the 14th June, I have a feeling that BBC1 will put EE on at 7pm, as ITV are showing the 5pm game, so ED can't air until 8pm.
    BIB: Thanks, yes I'll ask the mods :)
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    Just to confirm, there aren't any changes for Eastenders this week.
    Forum Member
    Just to confirm, there aren't any changes for Eastenders this week.

Are you asking or telling? If it's a question, then, no all Eastenders episodes are as usual this week :)
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    Are you asking or telling? If it's a question, then, no all Eastenders episodes are as usual this week :)

Asking. Sorry I should have put a ? mark at the end of my question aha. Thank you. :D
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,222
    Forum Member
    Blooming sports. If people love them that much then should be actively participating rather than sitting on their backsides. How are us drama lovers going to get our fix now? There should be a dedicated sports channel rather than them moving our favourite program. Plus EE gets higher ratings anyway!!!!! ;)
    Forum Member
    Asking. Sorry I should have put a ? mark at the end of my question aha. Thank you. :D

You're welcome :)