Options

GALAXY S4 vs LG G3 , EE vs O2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Hi guys.

I know specs are better and stuff on the G3,but it doesnt seem to have as many cool features as the S4. Correct me if I'm wrong tho!

Which would you get?

I can currently get an S4 on 02 for £17.5 a month,or a G3 for £18 on O2.

Leaning towards the G3 but I am not sure.

Also,is the G3 S anywhere near the S4 on performance?

Also,I've always been a talkmobile customer,but they just have an awful way of dealing with account user changes.

Therefore I have no experience in EE nor O2.
Went to the stores today and O2 seemed really helpful,whilst the EE one seemed to not really care.

Anyone got any advice on the phone companies?

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O2 has very poor 3G coverage and depending on where you live it may spend a lot of the time on GPRS . If you live in a large town or city and don't go outside the city limits O2 is OK.

EE have great 3G and 4G coverage although they are pricey!

Vodafone are pricey and on par with O2 when it comes to 3G and 4G. Premium price with piss poor data network. Not recommend!

Three cheaper than the other networks. Great 3G but 4G roll out is behind the others. Good value for money and performance.

The Galaxy S4 will get Lollipop update next year and is still a good phone.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are all much the same really that being ruthless.
    And obviously, there is little point in commenting on coverage.

I've just bought the G2 but given a choice for same price, I'd plump for an S4.
    However I'd say S4 versus G3 is a much more personal choice. The S4 has an Amoled 2K screen while the G4 has 2K+ IPS screen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »

However I'd say S4 versus G3 is a much more personal choice. The S4 has an Amoled 2K screen while the G4 has 2K+ IPS screen.

one thing that struck me is that even tho the S4 is an older phone , it seems to have much more "cool" things you can do with it (detects when your eyes close,etc). I'm I blind or does the G3 not really have any cool features like that one?
  • Options
    PadrePadre Posts: 1,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »

The S4 does not have a 2K screen, it is 1080p. But whilst saying that, the 2K screen on the G3 has underwhelmed me for everyday use, really do not see the point right now for the 2K screen other than LG to use it as an advertising feature.

The 2K screen only stands out when viewing 2K videos, but LG then limit the brightness to about 85-90% to prevent overheating.

The G3 does have eye detection, but I find it a bit hit an miss.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daastle wrote: »
    Hi guys.

I know specs are better and stuff on the G3,but it doesnt seem to have as many cool features as the S4. Correct me if I'm wrong tho!

Which would you get?

I can currently get an S4 on 02 for £17.5 a month,or a G3 for £18 on O2.

Leaning towards the G3 but I am not sure.

Also,is the G3 S anywhere near the S4 on performance?

Also,I've always been a talkmobile customer,but they just have an awful way of dealing with account user changes.

Therefore I have no experience in EE nor O2.
    Went to the stores today and O2 seemed really helpful,whilst the EE one seemed to not really care.

Anyone got any advice on the phone companies?

I'm
    Cheers!
    I'll tell you now, you won't use any of these 'cool' features after trying them once, no matter which phone you get. Concentrate on screen quality, battery life, camera, future updates etc. The G3 does come out on top when compared to the S4 and would be the obvious choice at the same price. The S4 is still a good phone though. However you mention the G3S. Against that the S4 definitely wins.

As far as networks go, get a couple of payg sims and try them in the places you normally use your phone. TM use Vodafone so EE and O2 will obviously
    bedifferent. Ignore others opinions about any particular network as it comes down to where you are.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    ...you won't use any of these 'cool' features .......The G3 does come out on top when compared to the S4 ....
    But you might not even use any of those 'cool' top features.
    :rolleyes:

Many a cool feature can be considered 'essential' for others. The Ultra Power Saving Mode, using the advantage of OLED ,in the S5 is an example..

But personally, I would not risk any ported ROM (e.g.to get UPSM in the S4) or for the G3.
    I specified S4 as a personal preference.