The new Virgin EPG/Software is available in...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    got it yesterday morning at last!! in edinburgh on my pace stb yay it doesnt seem to lock up unlike my tw epg so far so good :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manchester area: Five minutes before the end of the Milan/Man Utd match. Put me out of my misery at least!

My Samsung box seems a lot more responsive now and VOD seems to work without throwing up random error messages, but it's early days yet!

However, I used to use the "favourites" button to view the whole channel list, but now it looks like I've got to manually set this up.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fife Area ...

After having the new EPG on the V+ box since the day VM launched, I have finally got the new EPG on my additional STB in the bedroom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Updated EPG in Nottingham yesterday (May 2nd)

Not happy that I can no longer re-arrange channels - not happy at all! :mad: :mad:
  • Pearl McGPearl McG Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Pearl McG wrote:
    Mine was updated Wednesday (Norwich). My screen is stuck on the 'Powering Up' screen. I rang them from work to arrange an engineer but she wouldn't make an appointment, said I had to ring from home so they could test the cable. By the time I rang from home I couldn't get an engineer until 7th May! App they had a lot of problems with the 3 areas they upgraded that night.

Re my earlier post. Tech rang earlier to say they had upgraded again and the previous problem areas were now working. So I plugged mine back in and it's working fine.

As above, the only annoying thing so far is no being able to rearrange favourites.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me when the Glasgow (ex-NTL) area will b upgraded?.Cheers
  • countyboycountyboy Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New EPG arrived on my old PACE box here in Gloucester this afternoon. It's a bit slow, though.....
  • Nik01Nik01 Posts: 9,947
    Forum Member
    Arived in chesterfield yesterday, very pleased with it, everything seems to be running faster

Nicxx
  • CylinderCylinder Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Updated EPG in Nottingham yesterday (May 2nd)

Not happy that I can no longer re-arrange channels - not happy at all! :mad: :mad:

Nor I.

I would like to arrange the channel order when browsing, to suit me, like before.

Now I have to scroll through loads of channels I don't don't want to see, or don't subscribe to.

Using favourites is nowhere near as convenient - I used to just put my favourites at the start of the list anyway.
  • countyboycountyboy Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    countyboy wrote:
    New EPG arrived on my old PACE box here in Gloucester this afternoon. It's a bit slow, though.....

It's speeded up now, thank goodness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me when the Glasgow (ex-NTL) area will b upgraded?.Cheers

My uncle's Samsung box has the new EPG, I have 2 PACE boxes and thay have yet to receive the update although i did get the leaflet regarding the new EPG through the door on Wednesday.

Reading the other threads i think that Virgin are updating the Samsung and PACE boxes seperately so i reckon the Glasgow area should be updated fully any day now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Still no update on my Pace DITV 2000 her in Peterborough yet, had a letter 02/05/07 but nothing updated yet:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Have new epg in chatham with old pace box
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Well....maybe I shall be getting it at last, got the letter this morning saying that it will be changing in the next few weeks! I really hope it ruins my shitty old pace box so I have to have a new one! ;)
    Forum Member
    :mad: got my letter on 02/05/07 nothing uploaded yet, I am also worried about my Pace:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only noticed it tonight when I wanted to watch a video on my VCR that, since the new software update on my Samsung box, I now can't access the VCR at all.

I have the VCR fed into the back of the Samsung box, and when the box is switched off, I can watch videos on my TV. Now when the box is switched off, it also seems to switch off the second scart socket too so all I get is a blank screen. Terrific.

I can't plug the VCR into the second SCART socket on my TV, because I have my Freeview box feeding an S-Video signal into it, and also because, oddly enough, there are times when I might actually want to record something when I'm not in!
    Forum Member
    I have heard on a another forum that Pace code updates have been suspended for the time being because of majority of the failing!:mad:

Having said that fewer Samsung box's are having simular problems!:eek:

So even though I got the letter on 02/05/07 I will not be upgraded for the time being, but VM plan was to have it done by end June 07?:confused:

I also hear the poor sod's on ex-telewest are getting a new pace box which has been developed:eek: Any pictures out & about guy's on ex-telewest?:rolleyes:

We'll thats my frustration of my chest!:D Cheers all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mala786 wrote: »
    I have heard on a another forum that Pace code updates have been suspended for the time being because of majority of the failing!:mad:

Having said that fewer Samsung box's are having simular problems!:eek:

So even though I got the letter on 02/05/07 I will not be upgraded for the time being, but VM plan was to have it done by end June 07?:confused:

I also hear the poor sod's on ex-telewest are getting a new pace box which has been developed:eek: Any pictures out & about guy's on ex-telewest?:rolleyes:

We'll thats my frustration of my chest!:D Cheers all

If thats true we were lucky we had our Pace 1010 and 2000 upgraded a few weeks ago with no problems.
  • SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    Cylinder wrote: »
    Using favourites is nowhere near as convenient - I used to just put my favourites at the start of the list anyway.

Using favourites is still crap becuase the channel order cannot be changed. I can't believe they failed to include such a simple feature. I thought the whole point of the new software was to take the best aspects from both the NTL and Telewest EPGs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    sammyc wrote: »
    Well....maybe I shall be getting it at last, got the letter this morning saying that it will be changing in the next few weeks! I really hope it ruins my shitty old pace box so I have to have a new one! ;)

When my area was updated it ruined my Pace 4000, they said I would get a newer model as they were phasing out the Pace boxes. It was replaced with a Pace 1000 still on NTL epg.
    I have now cancelled and will be going back to Freeview.
  • tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    I have a pace 1010 in Stourbridge not had an update yet
  • tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    Chris7gy wrote: »
    When my area was updated it ruined my Pace 4000, they said I would get a newer model as they were phasing out the Pace boxes. It was replaced with a Pace 1000 still on NTL epg.
    I have now cancelled and will be going back to Freeview.

Just because of your EPG? ooooook
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    tvtimes wrote: »
    Just because of your EPG? ooooook

No.
    because I was told I would get a newer model and was given a crappy old Pace box that does not work properly and I have to constantly reboot it every time I wish to change channels as it is constantly freezing.
    I actually prefer the NTL epg but when this model of stb is updated I would probably have the same problems again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    Cylinder wrote: »
    Nor I.

I would like to arrange the channel order when browsing, to suit me, like before.

Now I have to scroll through loads of channels I don't don't want to see, or don't subscribe to.

Yeah i thought that at first, but I really prefer it now! Give it time...

Mike
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    new epg in basildon area on pace 2000 much faster :)