Have You Ever Chatted To A Celeb on Twitter?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
Forum Member
✭✭
Have you ever chatted to a celebrity on Twitter? I am relatively new to Twitter and am quite amazed at the amount of celebs on there! It can be quite confusing, though, as often there's more than one celeb page and you end up wondering which is the genuine article and which isn't.

Have left a coupla tweets for a few celebs, but don't know whether they will reply or not.

Comments

• ixploraixplora Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will find that most of the celebs will never reply to your tweet, its understandable since celebs have 1000's of followers and vertually impossible for them to reply to so many tweets, however if they add you then its likely that they might respond?

I have quite a few celebs on my twitter and its interesting following them but i hardly ever reply or respond to them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi. Thank you for elucidating me on Twitter celebs. Yeah, I suppose it's to be expected really that they don't reply, given the amount of tweets they get from so many fans.

ixplora wrote: »
    You will find that most of the celebs will never reply to your tweet, its understandable since celebs have 1000's of followers and vertually impossible for them to reply to so many tweets, however if they add you then its likely that they might respond?

I have quite a few celebs on my twitter and its interesting following them but i hardly ever reply or respond to them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Acedemy Award winning Jennifer Hudson replied to my tweets, twice! I was like....:eek: haha
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a reply from Stephen Fry before, and a direct message from Ethan Boroian (of X-Factor fame) :).

I think Stephen tends to try to reply, but obviously, as he receives so many tweet replies himself, it's impossible to reply to everyone, so he doesn't bother attempting..
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and in answer to your question about knowing that they really are them, some of them have verified accounts, where twitter has verified that they are who they say they are, generally, those who are genuine have a verified account, but there are some genuine ones without verified accounts too..

Sorry, couldn't be bothered to edit the last post, so did a new one.
  • RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    I got a DM from Gaz Top last week!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzi Perry has replied to me loads of times - even had a bit of a natter with Beverley Knight once as well.

Jason Bradbury has replied to me a few times.
  • RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Suzi Perry has replied to me loads of times - even had a bit of a natter with Beverley Knight once as well.

Jason Bradbury has replied to me a few times.

Oh I forgot about Jason, I've had tweets from him too.
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've chatted to Krishnan from C4 News, and Richard Wiseman, which is exciting if you're a nerd. Which I am.

I got retweeted by Cory Doctorow once, to my utter geek glee :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My boyfriend spoke to Liz McClarnon, now he thinks she's his best friend :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I forgot about Jason, I've had tweets from him too.

I've had a reply from Ortis as well - I just need Jon Bentley to reply to me and i've had the whole Gadget Show !!
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spoke to Rolf Harris on the phone and my Mum bumped into Tommy Steele. 30 years ago. Neither were at all miffed to be bothered. We love them to this day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got in touch with Phil Jupitus at the start of September, we had some banter and then me, my best mate and hubby went to meet him after a comedy gig in New York (we dont live far from there and my friend was on holiday staying with us at the time).
    We chatted to him for a while and then he put us on the guest list for the gig he was doing the next night too.
    We still exchange DMs now.
    Top bloke! :)
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Novak Djokovic tweeted me today just after winning the China Open. :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a couple of replies from Phillip Schofield.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relatively new to twitter. Like most people say, celebs are usually too busy to reply to everyone. So far I've had a reply from Jason Manford (seems pretty good at replying), Jamie Oliver, Duncan Bannantyne and Bex from BB9 :o .

I just post random crap and occasionally people answer...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have a clue. I don't even know what tweeting is.:confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I've had a reply a few times from Mena Suvari (american beauty film) and Evangeline Lilly (kate from Lost)

:)
  • supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    Only Jason Manford & Mark Bright!
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've contacted Hugh Jackman and he actually replied to me :eek:
    I think it's him anyway. Got enough followers.

Hes the biggest celeb i've ever contacted and got a reply from. Got replies from several smaller UK celebs like Phil Schofield, Holly Willoughby, Andi Peters etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I've had replies from Brendan from Wheatus, Chris from Bowling For Soup, Greggles Scott (He talks on Facebook too) and Luke BB9. No one massively famous, but made me happy enough :D
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe Bonamassa, Robin Ince, Derren Brown and Yoko Ono.
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe Bonamassa, Robin Ince, Derren Brown and Yoko Ono.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cajsoft wrote: »
    I've had a reply a few times from Mena Suvari (american beauty film) and Evangeline Lilly (kate from Lost)

:)

See now i'd be happy if I could get a reply from Evangeline Lilly .. schwing !! :)

Suzi P replied to me again this morning .. my mate Suzi and all that .. heh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Les Willis wrote: »
    Relatively new to twitter. Like most people say, celebs are usually too busy to reply to everyone. So far I've had a reply from Jason Manford (seems pretty good at replying), Jamie Oliver, Duncan Bannantyne and Bex from BB9 :o .

I just post random crap and occasionally people answer...

OMG you loser! :p:D