Options

Iphone iOS4

Comments

• Options
    timpotimpo Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This new OS4 is shit, its buggered up my phone, im locked out of my phone now, Apple your a friggin disgrace...:mad:
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeoffNI wrote: »
    I'll give that I try need to also delete the copy without the album artwork connected.

In list view - select 'Show artwork column' from the View menu. Once you're all done at the end you can click 'Get Album Artwork' from the Store menu.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    In list view - select 'Show artwork column' from the View menu. Once you're all done at the end you can click 'Get Album Artwork' from the Store menu.

Ah ok thanks for that. My Notebook is buggered and have been using my dads pc. So tomorrow when it's free I will work to get this issue fixed. Not sure how this happened. Apps etc all seem fine and podcasts are also fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeoffNI wrote: »
    Ah ok thanks for that. My Notebook is buggered and have been using my dads pc. So tomorrow when it's free I will work to get this issue fixed. Not sure how this happened. Apps etc all seem fine and podcasts are also fine.

Out of curiosity, of the music tracks that are duplicated - do both play properly in iTunes or does one copy give an exclamation mark?
  • Options
    timpotimpo Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone know how i can get my phone working......:(
  • Options
    bad-beatbad-beat Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A question about multitasking. Does it impact the performance (battery, speed) if I don't close things off?

If so, is there a way to make sure they close striaght away after you've finished or do you have to double click the home page and close an app from there?
  • Options
    satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downloaded ver 4 after a few attempts it says done next to the status but my phone is still on 3????????? help
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant get 3G working. Or Edge.... and I usually have an excellent 3G signal.

I've tried reseting the phone, turning on and off Cellular Data, turning on and off 3G.... and now I've just tried restoring the phone from itunes and it still has nothing except an o next to o2-uk

Any ideas????? I'm on an iphone O2 contract with the idata,o2.co.uk settings as they should be....
  • Options
    jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bad-beat wrote: »
    A question about multitasking. Does it impact the performance (battery, speed) if I don't close things off?

If so, is there a way to make sure they close striaght away after you've finished or do you have to double click the home page and close an app from there?

One of the reasons Apple didn't have multitasking before was because it impacted exactly on the things you mentioned and was also seen as a security risk.

If that was still the case I don't think they would have made multitasking available yet. So I would say it's safe to assume that it wont have a big impact.

Not sure about your second question. I did wonder the same myself. Only on 3G so can't check this out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've put a load of pdfs on iBooks - but notice that you can only annotate the epub books. It's a shame, as making notes on the pdfs would have been very handy for me. Oh well...
  • Options
    Dragons_HeartbeatDragons_Heartbeat Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just waiting for mine to finish restoring everything now the new OS installation seemed ok, but the back up seems to take ages to restore back to Iphone.
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    timpo wrote: »
    anyone know how i can get my phone working......:(

OK...I had the same problem but managed to get it going again....I had to make a new user account on my PC. Make sure its an admin account. I plugged in the phone and it went through the process of a new phone in iTunes and then I was able to restore it. When I plugged it back into my original user account, iTunes replaced all the missing icons and photos etc.
    The problem with this method is that you lose everything else and and it goes back to factory settings.....My calendar went, my contacts have gone as have all my texts. I have had to enter all the necessary info back into the apps (user names/passwords). It's been a real ball ache. I don't have a back up for my phone contacts.:mad:
    Luckily my mail is IMAP.........:(:(:(
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    call100 wrote: »
    OK...I had the same problem but managed to get it going again....I had to make a new user account on my PC. Make sure its an admin account. I plugged in the phone and it went through the process of a new phone in iTunes and then I was able to restore it. When I plugged it back into my original user account, iTunes replaced all the missing icons and photos etc.
    The problem with this method is that you lose everything else and and it goes back to factory settings.....My calendar went, my contacts have gone as have all my texts. I have had to enter all the necessary info back into the apps (user names/passwords). It's been a real ball ache. I don't have a back up for my phone contacts.:mad:

Go to settings, contacts, scroll all the way to the bottom & click import sim contacts :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Go to settings, contacts, scroll all the way to the bottom & click import sim contacts :).

Thanks, but, that didn't work...:(
  • Options
    mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me where the new spellcheck is I cant find it ?

Thanx
  • Options
    BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After much stressing I've finally got iTunes 9.2 installed and OS 4 is downloading. Now, given my history and luck with these things, I'm bound to have a right headache on my hands once it's downloaded but at least I'm getting there!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waffles wrote: »

I've tried reseting the phone, turning on and off Cellular Data, turning on and off 3G.... and now I've just tried restoring the phone from itunes and it still has nothing except an o next to o2-uk

Any ideas????? I'm on an iphone O2 contract with the idata,o2.co.uk settings as they should be....

When you reconnected your iPhone to iTunes did it prompt to update the latest carrier settings?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call100 wrote: »
    Were the contacts and calendars synced with anything? like outlook or google?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    Were the contacts and calendars synced with anything? like outlook or google?

No...:o:o
    I'm not too bothered about the email contacts...It's the phone numbers I've lost that's bugging me....Must go to bed now, I've spent hours trying to sort it....I'll give it one more go tomorrow...:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waffles wrote: »

Im on orange mate , and I cant get a 3g signal either , ill try another orange 3g sim if not im off to the apple shop tomo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorted it now , Ill be looking forward to seeing if the signal is better on the new i phone.
  • Options
    davehunter5davehunter5 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Well installed the update with no problem’s, but can’t see any difference other than you can put the apps into folders, they said over 100 new features.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given the problems some people have had I dont think I can be bothered to download OS4 for a 3G phone. Since I will have it on the iPhone 4 anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I See they have also updated the Notes app with the options to view notes on my gmail account. What notes are they talking about here? I didnt know gmail had notes?
  • Options
    dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timpo wrote: »
    This new OS4 is shit, its buggered up my phone, im locked out of my phone now, Apple your a friggin disgrace...:mad:

Leave off. I've been using iOS4 for 6 weeks now. Just try running the upgrade again or restore. Obviously it isn't "shit" as people are actually using it!!!