Anyone else think that 11's exit should be like this?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Before anyone says "why are we even talking about this he hasn't even began Series 2" it's just a discussion thread and if you don't like it don't bother posting :p:D

Anyway I think 11's exit should be completely opposite to 10's. Tennant's Doctor towards the end became very soppy and sad so his Doctor kind of suited to huge epic emotional farewell. But Matt's Doctor is very eccentric and mad so I would really hate it if towards the his Doctor takes the same route, his Doctor should have an emotional but happy farewell and should probably go with his 11th Doctor theme with his last words possibly being something like "Geronimo" or "Come Along Pond" (if Amy Pond is still his assisstant.) I just don't want his Doctor to hae a soppy farewell and for his madness to go away on his last couple of episodes.

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Something more like 9's would be good, just have 11 swoop in, save the day, be happy about it and then hop off in his TARDIS whilst casually warning his current companion that something is going to happy and it's going to be quite the change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I hope that Matt Smith doesn't leave for a while...

I agree though, I thought the end of time was a little melodramatic nd cringingly over emotional at times....
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I would liek to see him go at the end of the next series, in a blaze of glory, nothing fancy, just a straightforward regen.

Then I want Andy Serkis to step in the shoes :D
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctor exit scene must be tricky to write when you think about it.

You always have the problem where the Doctor must win the day in terms of the story itself and the foe he is up against. However he somehow contrives to die. It takes a lot of imagination to write that and think of a way of doing it that hasn't been done already.

Someone on another thread said they felt Tom Bakers doc deserved a better death scene, but it was actually quite well done when you consider the problems I've mentioned above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure why, but when I saw Eleven in the Sarah Jane Adventures, at the end of the first part when the giant space vultures are trying to kill him, I couldnt help but think that this Doctor is going to go down fighting.

As much as I loved Ten, his exit became far too mawkish. Nine's exit was lovely though.

Apart from that, don't want to think about it any more....

*wanders away with fingers in ears, going la-la-la-la-la very loudly*
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member

Anyway I think 11's exit should be completely opposite to 10's. Tennant's Doctor towards the end became very soppy and sad so his Doctor kind of suited to huge epic emotional farewell. But Matt's Doctor is very eccentric and mad so I would really hate it if towards the his Doctor takes the same route, his Doctor should have an emotional but happy farewell and should probably go with his 11th Doctor theme with his last words possibly being something like "Geronimo" or "Come Along Pond" (if Amy Pond is still his assisstant.) I just don't want his Doctor to hae a soppy farewell and for his madness to go away on his last couple of episodes.
    I actually agree with you I just hope we don't see this for a very, very long time to come.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JG600 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why, but when I saw Eleven in the Sarah Jane Adventures, at the end of the first part when the giant space vultures are trying to kill him, I couldnt help but think that this Doctor is going to go down fighting.

i can see Eleven having more of a Davison style exit, dramatically going down sacrificing himself for someone else, perhaps a companion, especially if The Moff is still running the show, because that kind of exit would appeal to him, for obvious reasons.

That said, not before the shows 50th anniversary please. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh surely there's no doubt that 11 is going to go out in a blaze of glory, theme music turned up to, well, 11? There's too much swagger there to do anything else, this is after all the Doctor who regenerated in the middle of an exploding TARDIS and whose reaction on discovering he was crashing (and also not a girl) was Geronimo :D

Not that this is ever going to happen as the army of Matt Smith clones is already being grown to ensure that 11 never has to regenerate even if the actor moves on :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are we even talking about this he hasn't even began Series 2?
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are we even talking about this he hasn't even began Series 2?

I think you should re-read the OP on this one...

...as for MS, did anyone notice his interview the other day in which he quite casually said "...the next couple of years" when talking about his work on the show? Might be that we have him for at least two series and let's face it, which actor is going to quit a show before it's 50th anniversary? Well, apart from Bill Tarmey...now an anniversary regeneration story I could cope with
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...as for MS, did anyone notice his interview the other day in which he quite casually said "...the next couple of years" when talking about his work on the show? Might be that we have him for at least two series and let's face it, which actor is going to quit a show before it's 50th anniversary? Well, apart from Bill Tarmey...now an anniversary regeneration story I could cope with

really hope so, in fact it might be a good theme for a regeneration story....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hated 10's drawn out, tearful regeneration. 9's was much better. Ideally I'd like 11 (eventually, many many years from now) to go in the midst of the action, while enacting some madcap plan to disable that episode's adversaries- ideally actually hit by one of them. The regeneration plays havoc with whatever he's working on, and a rather confused 12 appears in the middle of total chaos.

I don't mean that it should be played for laughs, it sounds silly but that's not the intention- rather that I'd like to see the Doctor regenerate due to a direct hit from an adversary (instantly making them seem more dangerous- nearly happened with 10 of course!) and have to deal with the regeneration while saving the day rather than afterwards. I think it could be made to work.

Ideally, mid series as well. It's the only way we could really get a shock regeneration- since things are often filmed out of sequence, it wouldn't be obvious the Doctor had been replaced, particularly if the new actor hinted he was playing another companion or similar- no one would draw any particular conclusions from seeing him with the current companion running around Cardiff in that case.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Davison-style regeneration, with the Doctor being mortally wounded somewhere early in the narrative and clinging on just long enough to sacrifice himself for someone else would be a great contrast to the last two, the first being a bit of a surprise and the second giving the Doctor no reason for clinging on other than his own emotional welfare.

Less cleavage would be good though as it does somewhat detract from the drama. And as with others here, I'm hoping the regeneration doesn't happen for a very long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    A Davison-style regeneration, with the Doctor being mortally wounded somewhere early in the narrative and clinging on just long enough to sacrifice himself for someone else would be a great contrast to the last two, the first being a bit of a surprise and the second giving the Doctor no reason for clinging on other than his own emotional welfare.

great minds think alike...i just really feel that Smith could pull this sort of regeneration story off so well...:)
  • EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always said I'd quite like to see the Doctor regenerate whilst running from an explosion, for dramatic effect :) Nothing overly soppy like DT's exit - certainly nothing built up over a year of episodes...but still poignant, and more importantly exciting.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever happens, I hope he doesn't spend about 20 minutes on a self-indulgent jaunt around the universe so he can look at his ex-companions with some moody expression at a distance, but not have the consideration to actually speak to anyone, bar some little blonde chav. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I hated 10's drawn out, tearful regeneration. 9's was much better. Ideally I'd like 11 (eventually, many many years from now) to go in the midst of the action, while enacting some madcap plan to disable that episode's adversaries- ideally actually hit by one of them. The regeneration plays havoc with whatever he's working on, and a rather confused 12 appears in the middle of total chaos.

I don't mean that it should be played for laughs, it sounds silly but that's not the intention- rather that I'd like to see the Doctor regenerate due to a direct hit from an adversary (instantly making them seem more dangerous- nearly happened with 10 of course!) and have to deal with the regeneration while saving the day rather than afterwards. I think it could be made to work.

Ideally, mid series as well. It's the only way we could really get a shock regeneration- since things are often filmed out of sequence, it wouldn't be obvious the Doctor had been replaced, particularly if the new actor hinted he was playing another companion or similar- no one would draw any particular conclusions from seeing him with the current companion running around Cardiff in that case.

This sounds really good! I'd definitely enjoy that episode.... :D
    If it were ever made :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I thought about it and think that he should go out the way to that he came in - about to crash into the earth. It would have a nice kinda symmetry. Plus, he should be happy about it. Probably not as though it's his favourite thing ever but at least accepting it, even more so than 9s. His last moments could be just chuckling to himself or something.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    great minds think alike...i just really feel that Smith could pull this sort of regeneration story off so well...:)

Or the greater inspires the lesser, as your modesty will allow.

I guess we haven't really seen Smith's Doctor physically tested yet — though that Christmas Day trailer for the next series, ummm, may or may not be relevant to things we can guess might happen in the future.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ten nearly had the best exit for me - hit by a Dalek. Sudden, dramatic, unexpected. From my point of iew it's a shame they didn't carry that through as it was a brilliant change of pace at the end of the episode. I think that's the kind of death Eleven should have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need a kind of like the end of TEH. The Doctor standing proud, "I am the Doctor" playing.

Please turn on "I am the Doctor" before reading.

Well Amy, this is it. Don't think of it as a goodbye. Its never a goodbye. Its a hello. Be optimistic. Fathful. That's why you're my companion Amy that's why I chose you. So much compassion so much intelligence. Yet still so much to learn. And your faithful to me. One man, in one body. This body has done its work. Its saved lives and spared planets. Rescued queens and helped on really bad dates.....I've seen so much. Done so much. Saved so much.....

And now its my time to say. With my last breathe. The last time this, fumbling fop will ever ramble...

This was a life well spent!

Hurray! :D
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    it still amazes me that RTD could write such a brilliant regeneration scene for 9 into 10, but for 10 into 11 - i thought the whole episode and scene was nothing short of appalling! just terrible cringeworthy and i never want to have to sit through it again.
    i am hoping that when 11's time comes to regenerate, it will be understated, yet imaginative at the same time. and not turned into some circus!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need a kind of like the end of TEH. The Doctor standing proud, "I am the Doctor" playing.

Well Amy, this is it. Don't think of it as a goodbye. Its never a goodbye. Its a hello. Be optimistic. Fathful. That's why you're my companion Amy that's why I chose you. So much compassion so much intelligence. Yet still so much to learn. And your faithful to me. One man, in one body. This body has done its work. Its saved lives and spared planets. Rescued queens and helped on really bad dates.....I've seen so much. Done so much. Saved so much.....

And now its my time to say. With my last breathe. The last time this, fumbling fop will ever ramble...

bowties are cool

small edit, loved it though! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This was a life well spent!

Moffat, sign him up.:cool:
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was having a joke ... it's pasted from the OP ;)