Jason's Show Dance

samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Jason's show dance was absolutely fantastic. It had it all and was so entertaining. I felt very sorry for him after putting on a show like that not to be in the last two but so pleased that Kristina had her choreography praised.

Comments

• dmolyneaux@virgdmolyneaux@virg Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a fantastic showdance at least they went out on a high , Kristina has shown her class this yr and hope she gets a decent partner next yr .
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    IMO it was joint with Tom Chambers as the best showdance ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    I was iniitally not convinced that Jason deserved a place in the final over Holly, especially after her AT in the semis, and I said so on this forum. But I rapidly changed my opinion after seeing his fabulous showdance with Kristina - it was outstanding. Loads of content, amazing energy levels, hugely entertaining, and it's the showdance that left me with the biggest grin on my face.

I wanted Harry to win, but the truth is that Jason's showdance was so much better. Loved it to bits and for me it summed up what Strictly is all about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    I felt bad for him throughout the dance because that was the first time that his old age showed. His body was just not keeping up and as a result it looked a bit untidy and slightly off time... specially through the synchronised side by side moves he had with Kristina at the beginning of the routine.

But that said, he really did put on a great show and completely through himself in the dance, and that in itself is such a difficult thing to do, to really live the dance. I felt so bad for him when he was knocked out of the competition. Despite the fact that I think Chelsee is a better dancer, in the final Jason danced better and it was obvious that he put all he had into it.

I really think if we manage to mix the 3 finalists together we'll get one amazing dancer, because each of them had one of the elements that make a good dancer which the others didn't.
  • beaky29beaky29 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I thought it was the best dance of the series, closely followed by his Argentine Tango!
    it's a real shame he didn't go into the final two, but they were all really good.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    fantastic dance, and the only one from the show that i have watched again.
  • lovetrashtvlovetrashtv Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Not a patch on TC's showdance for me and certainly not a 40...
  • the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason's showdance was amazing - Harry's was the worst but that didn't surprise me given Aliona's track record.

I'm really pleased Kristina has had a chance to show off her skills as a choreographer this year :) 'bout bloomin' time!!
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best choreography for sure. A pity Jason was so out of time in places as it didn't show off the routine as well. I hope Kristina gets a ringer next year!
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it a little dull :( Amazing choreography, yes - the first time around... I went through it reeling off which dance each steps came from, I'd seen it all before. Plus, as has been said, he was out of time, desperately trying to keep up with Kristina. Everyone else seems to be raving about it - am I the only one who was left cold? :confused:
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    It was nowhere near as engaging as Tom's but it was by far the best showdance of the night - it was actually a dance, it had steps in it, not weightlifting or gyrating.

Throughout the series I don't think he was as good as the other two, so not complaining about the result - but it was definitely a good dance to go out on.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't worth 40, and it wasn't as good as Tom & Camilla's, but it was by far the best showdance last night, and the only one I think I'll remember!

So well done Kristina for amazing choreography, making the showdance section interesting and going out on a high :)
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Serenity79 wrote: »
    I found it a little dull :( Amazing choreography, yes - the first time around... I went through it reeling off which dance each steps came from, I'd seen it all before. Plus, as has been said, he was out of time, desperately trying to keep up with Kristina. Everyone else seems to be raving about it - am I the only one who was left cold? :confused:

no, I didnt like it - loved Kristina in it but Jason was off time and looked like a dad trying to keep up!!!!
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the fact that Jason was relaxed for his showdance and it was my favourite performance till Harry and showdance.

I've been torn all season between Harry and Chelsee but if it was a vote on last night's performances it should have been a Harry/Jason final. Harry pulled away on the last dance and deserved the win but I didnt care who won! They were all fabulous and it was good for Jason to go out on such a high.:)
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that it was the best showdance of the night.
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The showdances are always so hit and miss, but I agree Jason's was the best this year, although it's not up there with Tom's for me.
  • suzanneksuzannek Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Out of all 3 Jasons was the best,even though I wanted him to win, I must admit Harry was very good but unsure why Chelsee seemed to fall apart.