-All Around The World
    -Blank Page
    -Circles
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LucyKay18 wrote: »
    Just a fool is peaking at top 20 on US itunes - should have been performed last night instead of Make the world move.

Just A Fool has really grown on me too. Aren't her and Blake performing the song in a few weeks?? I wouldn't mind a whole country album from Christina actually. Be an interesting direction for her. Thats the thing about her voice. She can adapt it to any style.

Plus country is a great market to crack in America as its so massive. This is why Taylor is so huge so Just A Fool's success doesn't surpise me in hindsight. They love their country music over there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Her 'Make the World Move' performance was indeed a hot mess, especially THAT note! ;)
    But it was entertaining nonetheless! I loved it. Crazy.

What surprises me though is that the media haven't jumped on that failure of a note. Two years ago they would have slaughtered her for it. What has happened to the world?! Haha!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    If the public are responding to Just a Fool then I really don't think they're in a position to ignore that. Especially if she's got an upcoming performance with Blake. Seems pretty wasteful to not milk the opportunity there.

Send it to radio, shoehorn in a simple video for quick turn around, let The Voice promote it and include it in the AMA medley. It's the kind of song that could have great longevity over the winter period.

LTBL can be pushed internationally, because JAF probably won't do much outside of the US and vice versa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If the public are responding to Just a Fool then I really don't think they're in a position to ignore that. Especially if she's got an upcoming performance with Blake. Seems pretty wasteful to not milk the opportunity there.

Send it to radio, shoehorn in a simple video for quick turn around, let The Voice promote it and include it in the AMA medley. It's the kind of song that could have great longevity over the winter period.

LTBL can be pushed internationally, because JAF probably won't do much outside of the US.

I LOVE Just A Fool. It's probably my favourite on the album, and I'm nowhere near a country fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pompeygeek wrote: »
    I LOVE Just A Fool. It's probably my favourite on the album, and I'm nowhere near a country fan.

It's definitely a highlight and it seems to be a consistent favourite judging by reviews, fans and beyond.

I honestly think if it's handled well, it could be the surprise saving grace of Lotus. If she followed it with Blank Page in February with a Grammy performance, I'd have higher hopes for the album. Ballads will more likely sell Lotus because it's something she excels at and her peers aren't offering.
  • Options
    †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope that the AMAs go ok.

Right now I am feeling like I am taking a back seat in this era.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's definitely a highlight and it seems to be a consistent favourite judging by reviews, fans and beyond.

I honestly think if it's handled well, it could be the surprise saving grace of Lotus. If she followed it with Blank Page in February with a Grammy performance, I'd have higher hopes for the album. Ballads will more likely sell Lotus because it's something she excels at and her peers aren't offering.

Blank Page HAS to be released. I'm not overly fussed about how well the album sells, but people need to hear the song. We don't have anybody offering proper vocals anymore, but she'd have to deliver a vocal performance that slays. She can't screech through a ballad so sublime!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Her 'Make the World Move' performance was indeed a hot mess, especially THAT note! ;)
    But it was entertaining nonetheless! I loved it. Crazy.

What surprises me though is that the media haven't jumped on that failure of a note. Two years ago they would have slaughtered her for it. What has happened to the world?! Haha!
    The media are actually praising her! On all the recaps of 'The Voice', they call her performance the highlight of the episode and they say that she knows how to own a stage! :eek: Too bad she doesn't capitalize on this new media love at all.

I just hope her AMA's performance is epic, because that's what we need. Her Jimmy Fallon performance was entertaining, her 'Voice' performance was ok, but there's been no wow factor in this era yet. I need her to slay that one.

Btw, I'm not too mad at her at the horrible high note. It can happen to anyone tbh. :)
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am obsessed with 'Blank Page'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CONFIRMED!!

Christina will perform a 'Lotus' medley at the AMA's including 'Let There Be Love', 'Army Of Me' and one or two more songs from the album. :D
    There are so many different textures on (her new album) 'Lotus' that there's not one song that represents it," she says. "Every song is different in mood so for the AMAs, I'll do a medley of 'Lotus' tunes -- 'Army of Me,' 'Let There Be Love' (and others).

(Source)
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASE do 'Blank Page'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blank Page HAS to be released. I'm not overly fussed about how well the album sells, but people need to hear the song. We don't have anybody offering proper vocals anymore, but she'd have to deliver a vocal performance that slays. She can't screech through a ballad so sublime!

With a single like Blank Page she'll really need to capture peoples attention, so a Grammy performance is a must I think. Stripped back, and like you say - no screeching.

In terms of AMA performance, I don't think Army of Me is worth pushing. She should be focusing on the strongest material. I'd love for her to do JAF and then a stripped back LTBL that builds into the full production.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In terms of AMA performance, I don't think Army of Me is worth pushing. She should be focusing on the strongest material. I'd love for her to do JAF and then a stripped back LTBL that builds into the full production.
    Neither is 'Make The World' move, but she performed it on 'The Voice' ;)

I think she's focusing on the album rather than the current single/ potential future singles, which is a good strategy. They're either trying to sell the album by giving people a full taste of what it sounds like or they're just throwing songs out there waiting for one to stick. In each case, I'm happy they're finally doing something for this album and I'm incredibly excited for the AMA's medley! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Neither is 'Make The World' move, but she performed it on 'The Voice' ;)

I think she's focusing on the album rather than the current single/ potential future singles, which is a good strategy. They're either trying to sell the album by giving people a full taste of what it sounds like or they're just throwing songs out there waiting for one to stick. In each case, I'm happy they're finally doing something for this album and I'm incredibly excited for the AMA's medley! :)

MTWM made sense though because of The Voice/CeeLo connection.

Just A Fool is clearly the right move, though. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MTWM made sense though because of The Voice/CeeLo connection.

Just A Fool is clearly the right move, though. :cool:

I agree! Get it released RCA, and prove you're not completely useless! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sales predictions are in for the US:

https://twitter.com/chartnews/status/268816971745882112

Is this less than Bionic? I think it is. Looks to be a slow burner then.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes it's less than Bionic which opened with 110,000.

It's strange how little The Voice seems to have done for Christina's career when it did WONDERS for Adam's, even in the UK.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member

Bionic sold 110k i think first week in the states so this sucks her team and her really needed to pull there fingers out there arses a few months ago and build up some decent promo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's less than Bionic.

I'm both surprised and not. Bionic for all it's faults was coming off the back of a phenomenal run of albums. Lotus followed a major flop and the lead single was a flop too.

Still, I expected her Voice-given profile and non-shit lead single to push her past 100k at least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Yes it's less than Bionic which opened with 110,000.

It's strange how little The Voice seems to have done for Christina's career when it did WONDERS for Adam's, even in the UK.

Moves Like Jagger cemented their comeback, and they capitalised on its success. She should have released a promo single as soon as MLJ slayed the world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's less than Bionic.

I'm both surprised and not. Bionic for all it's faults was coming off the back of a phenomenal run of albums. Lotus followed a major flop and the lead single was a flop too.

Still, I expected her Voice-given profile and non-shit lead single to push her past 100k at least.

But on the plus side, JAF is making waves which is all good promo for the album. But they can't just rely on stuff like that if they want her to sell well. They need a proper promo campaign.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How accurate are these predictions? Will the AMA's contribute to first week sales?
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    What can Christina do at this point to turn her career around? Being a judge on a talent show even worked for someone as untalented as Jennifer Lopez to get a career resurgence but it's just not happening for Christina.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What can Christina do at this point to turn her career around? Being a judge on a talent show even worked for someone as untalented as Jennifer Lopez to get a career resurgence but it's just not happening for Christina.

Just make music for the fans. She might not be considered a legend, but she's definitely a pop icon and she doesn't need to do anymore. I want to hear her make music she loves, not what the label tell her to make. Bionic is my favourite of all her albums because I got a sense of the real Xtina and her musical taste in some of the songs.