Options

EastEnders@25 19/2/10: Going LIVE at Twenty-Five! - (Live) Episode Discussion

So here we are then, the episode we've all been waiting for!

For 25 years, EastEnders has kept the nation gripped with big storylines and memorable characters. From Dirty Den serving Angie divorce papers to Kat Slater's mother of all bombshells for Zoe, and more recently the fallout of Stacey's affair with Max and the Who Killed Archie? plot. There have been plenty of peaks and troughs, but no doubt this week's episodes shall go down as some of the best episodes in recent history, and the perfect send-off for outgoing Executive Producer Diederick Santer. And now, the time has finally come for the centrepiece of the birthday celebrations, the first live episode of the show. It promises to deliver a lot in thirty minutes, including the much-awaited reveal of Archie Mitchell's murderer, as well as the departure of Bradley Branning. Anything can happen in this episode - hopefully all good things - so let the excitement truly begin as we count down the hours until transmission!

Written by Simon Ashdown, who has proven time and time again to deliver the goods. Here's to what will hopefully be a memorable episode of EastEnders and a unique experience for fans and viewers.

So let us raise a glass to EastEnders, and here's to the next 25 years of drama down Walford way! :)

And there's not much left for me to say except...discuss tonight's episode here!

Comments

• Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It feels like the last episode of EE ever! But it isn't! So I rejoice in that fact.

Here, here!

Happy 25th Anniversary, EastEnders!
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *raises glass*

Happy 25th Birthday EastEnders!:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!!! Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY EASTENDERSSS, HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARYYY :D

love you.
  • Options
    therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the big storyline will be about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    Thank you Choc!!

OMG--25 years:) Happy Birthday EE! Going to be fantastic tonight - finding out who actually killed Archie:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20 hours to go ?

Hehe, can't wait! :D:D

Hope all goes well ! x
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the official discussion thread for this episode? I've seen others around so just wondered. 20 hours to go! I can't wait!!!! HAPPY 25th EASTENDERS! HERE'S TO ANOTHER 25! :D
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I wonder what the big storyline will be about.

I have no idea.
  • Options
    themightyruththemightyruth Posts: 3,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't excited before ;), but now I am yesterdays episode was fantastic, so I have high hopes for this one. Can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *gives birthday cake to every EE fan*

tonight is going to be a one to remember :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    were gonna find out who killed archie.. TODAY :):):):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    This thread will be huge come tonight's live episode - love it.

Whats everyone's favourite storyline of all time? :)
  • Options
    therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea.

Hopefully something to do with Gail Platt.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Hopefully something to do with Gail Platt.

Or Kim Tate, she was always my favourite.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everybody also raise a glass for choc-a-bloc!:) EE threads aren't the same without him!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    MrsACullen wrote: »
    were gonna find out who killed archie.. TODAY :):):):):)

It feels like it another week away but it's not!!!! So Excited for tonight, for the first time I can't predict what is going to happen, nothing has been leaked to the press so nobody apart from the Producers know!! The cast will be asleep tonight wondering if their the killer the way we are debating who is the killer!!!

HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY EASTENDERS!! BEST SHOW ON TV!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    we shall get ready for ds to crash tonight ;)
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why start the thread so early? Its not on for another 19 hours yet. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    This thread will be huge come tonight's live episode - love it.

Whats everyone's favourite storyline of all time? :)

I have three 'Who Shot Phil' 'Kat/Zoe - your not my mother!!' 'Little Mo getting found guilty' the last one just because of the shock that a really well loved character who you genuinely cared about was found guilty of attempted murder after being physically, mentally and sexually abused by her husband!! but i get the feeling this storyline will go alongside them after tonight, i can't believe it's tonight!! I have a takeaway ordered and am sitting down with the family to enjoy the ep - wonder how many times we will change are minds to who the killer is!!
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/twentyfive/diederick3.shtml nice background videos about the obvious logistic headaches of doing a live episode. oh and a countdown clock for those that need to know to the second lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Release Me wrote: »
    Why start the thread so early? Its not on for another 19 hours yet. :confused:

We are too excited :D
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Release Me wrote: »
    Why start the thread so early? The episode doesn't start for another 19 hours yet. :confused:

It's within 24 hours, that's good enough for us
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely opening post, choc-a-bloc :D. Congratulations, EE, on 25... mostly good years. :D

I'm so excited. More for the end of Bradley's life on the Square, but I am really curious to find out who the killer is, too.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HERE'S TO ANOTHER 25 YEARS EE.
    LOVE YA.
    HAPPY B'DAY...:D

Been waiting for this day for time when it was announced it was going live..now it's finally upon us.

Cant wait!!