Do you think the Americans are hounding the Wikileaks guy?

wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
Forum Member
✭✭
I think they are and it's the same old sexual stuff being employed as the reason.

A total fit up as far as I can see, use any excuse to discredit the person who blew the whistle.

Comments

• lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Umm. Let me think....
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Umm. Let me think....

Don't strain yourself... :p
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    epicurian wrote: »
    Don't strain yourself... :p

It takes a while for the cells to get up to working temperature.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't need an excuse to discredit the whistleblower OP, he did that all on his own.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    of course, thats why theyve frozen his bank account closed the po box in australia issued an interpol warrant, disdconnected from amazon, everydns and paypal and been subject to repeated DDoS attacks recently.

It's a global effort to silence someone who is exposing the power players for what they are.

Imwikileaks :D:D
  • ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are and it's the same old sexual stuff being employed as the reason.

A total fit up as far as I can see, use any excuse to discredit the person who blew the whistle.

absolutely

it's textbook!
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Yes .I think that the Wikileaks is just freedom of information and we all know how secretive and lying the Governments are. So i suspect the charges are trumped up .
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm waiting for the mysterious assasination from a lone gunman who gets assasinated in mysterious circumstances by a lone gunman.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the mysterious assasination from a lone gunman who gets assasinated in mysterious circumstances by a lone gunman.

If Assange is killed/harmed the AES key will be released to the insurance 'file' which is circulating.

Apparently this has some sort of secret which could seriously damage America's reputation or stability.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I blame plastic lego guns.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This whistle blower deserves some serious punishment.
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    If Assange is killed/harmed the AES key will be released to the insurance 'file' which is circulating.

Apparently this has some sort of secret which could seriously damage America's reputation or stability.

It says who really killed JFK, now THAT would be ironic.
  • KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really?? And here was me thinking he's a disgruntled govt employee with no scruples..
    Sentenza wrote: »
    I blame plastic lego guns.

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »

Like a prize or something
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »

What about Assange?

Anyway, what's so wrong with whistle blowers?

http://www.whistleblower.org/

Government Accountability Project

1612 K Street, NW Suite #1100
    Washington, DC 20006
    (p) 202.457.0034
    (e) info@whistleblower.org
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every move they are making so far seem to be giving him more credibility than he overwise would have had, looks like a serious fit up on every level. They are publicly acting in a way people assume they work in the shadows, I think their reaction to the leaks is teaching us more than the leaks themselves, they also seem to suggest he may have hit the nail on the head on a few things.

Good luck to the chap, but if he is alive much longer I would be very surprised, I suspect he will take a mysterious walk in the woods soon.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    What about Assange?

I reckon growing up in Australia with the name 'Assange' was probably punishment enough..........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinda wrote: »
    Really?? And here was me thinking he's a disgruntled govt employee with no scruples..

:D

why no scruples? being a disgruntled employee can mean you're unhappy with the way things are done, not that you're bitter about not getting promoted or similar
  • PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wasn't that what the Diplomatic cable release was supposed to do? haha :-)
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I reckon growing up in Australia with the name 'Assange' was probably punishment enough..........

Let's all have a sing-song.
  • KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Đirona wrote: »
    why no scruples? being a disgruntled employee can mean you're unhappy with the way things are done, not that you're bitter about not getting promoted or similar

My definition of disgruntled, is the latter. He's no whistle blower.

A whistleblower for me is someone who has concerns with the way things are being done and reports it internally before leaking specific documents to the public, documents which are related to the charge

How Joe Public is benefiting from hundreds of thousands of pages of internal communication between various countries, I'm not sure. All the hours now being wasted trying to repair relations and damage control, could have been used to sort out far more important matters facing all of us
    Forum Member
    could have been used to sort out far more important matters facing all of us

So one minute we're all scared witless about WW3 due to recent events in Korea ... then Wikileaks lets the cat out of the bag that China is as annoyed by North Korea's loopy antics as we are, and would support re-unification under South Korean leadership!

It was worth it just for that IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My definition of disgruntled, is the latter. He's no whistle blower.

A whistleblower for me is someone who has concerns with the way things are being done and reports it internally before leaking specific documents to the public, documents which are related to the charge

How Joe Public is benefiting from hundreds of thousands of pages of internal communication between various countries, I'm not sure. All the hours now being wasted trying to repair relations and damage control, could have been used to sort out far more important matters facing all of us

you don't believe that anything that's come out has been useful to us?
  • FranglaisFranglais Posts: 3,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's the betting on a Hollywood ("disaster") movie on this coming out later?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    The guy is a ****ing idiot who needs to be caught and stopped asap.

Absolutely no point in what he is doing and today has really taken it to a whole new level. Severe security risk and the quicker the fool is found and stopped the better.

Total fantasist living in a spy movie.