Options

Anyone listening to radio station LBC 97.3 discussing the use of the N word?

Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On LBC 97.3,there's loads of people ringing in. James O'Brien is discussing the use of the 'N' word and there's loads of calls flooding into the studio according to him. Just wondering if anyone is/was listening to it?

Comments

• Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry not listenning but this word came into my mind earlier, i read the BBC had recieved complaints because on Eastenders a black character referred to a white guy as "skinny white guy", Eastenders defended this as they research "street language" used by kids!!! hence my wonder!! I was under the impression that some of the youth of today use the "N" word, so i would ask IF Eastenders would use it, if it reflects the youth of today!!! just wondering.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry not listenning but this word came into my mind earlier, i read the BBC had recieved complaints because on Eastenders a black character referred to a white guy as "skinny white guy", Eastenders defended this as they research "street language" used by kids!!! hence my wonder!! I was under the impression that some of the youth of today use the "N" word, so i would ask IF Eastenders would use it, if it reflects the youth of today!!! just wondering.

what is the problem with some people. if the man was skinny, white and a guy???, what is so derogatory