BBC HD Sound Sync Problems

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
Forum Member
Just purchased my first flat screen TV after 13 years of superb Panasonic glass tv service, but cannot help but notice that the Samsung flat tv replacement has some nasty sound sync problems on BBC HD channels, and BBC HD channel is the worst culprit. Is it my the tv signal (which gives 100% when checked) is it my cabling from aerial, is it the broadcasters, or is this the norm for HD TV viewing, I'm pretty disappointed if it is as it's very annoying. Anyone out there had similar problems with or without a Samsung TV please advise how you got around it or fixed it. Been into all sound settings including audio delay settings and it doesn't make any difference to my problem. Sick and tired of lips not moving to the words! Any feed back please on this problem

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have to think it has to be your TV. There is absolutely no way it can be the aerial, cable, signal strength or anything like that.And it is not something I have ever noticed watching HD channels.

Normally the pictures would be delayed relative to the sound because generally image processing is "harder" than sound processing. So if there is any lip synch problem I would expect the audio to lead the picture and hence need a short delay. From your description I get the impression the audio is after the picture which could be caused by a delay setting on the TV but if you have reduced that to zero and the audio is still after the picture then there is not much else to do.

I suppose there is a chance the delay could be introduced at source by the broadcaster but I have not really seen this happen before.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Samsung led and find the HD channels a small picture freeze frame issues for a milli second a lot.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    And it is not something I have ever noticed watching HD channels.
    There was a long period of time during which ITV1 HD was out of sync on some makes of equipment (a search should find the relevant thread) but this was fixed some time ago. I've never had a sync problem on BBC HD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    I have a Samsung led and find the HD channels a small picture freeze frame issues for a milli second a lot.

Never had picture delay yet just on some programmes on BBC HD the lip sync is out on the sound, adjust everything I can in menu and no better, contacted Samsung who guided me down the route I had been down but also told me that engineers were aware of the problem?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a problem with sound levels on BBC HD a while back,also with ITV the sound was advanced over picture,seems to have been sorted now.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janet owen wrote: »
    There was a problem with sound levels on BBC HD a while back.
    That still happens from time to time, very low levels, but usually OK.