Forum Member
✭✭
I think Simon will replace Louis Walsh with Louis Tomlinson

Comments

• Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you. That would be one way to make the show look ridiculous.
  • Options
    england66england66 Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah iv'e heard that rumor a few times now, Hope it's true. :)

EDIT ^^^ How is having a member of the biggest boyband in the world (who came from xfactor) going to make it ridiculous ?
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think so too.
    Lots of attention on him now so he must be neXt to be confirmed.
  • Options
    katieknolweskatieknolwes Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    england66 wrote: »
    Yeah iv'e heard that rumor a few times now, Hope it's true. :)

EDIT ^^^ How is having a member of the biggest boyband in the world (who came from xfactor) going to make it ridiculous ?

Because he's the shittest one
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The older acts are not going to like being mentored or told they are shit by a twenty something manufactured pop singer..
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    The older acts are not going to like being mentored or told they are shit by a twenty something manufactured pop singer..

...who is also shit.

The word irony would be incredibly apt.

Besides, they should get Niall to be a judge. He's a better singer than Louis and actually has a personality. Louis just comes across as extremely shallow (so actually would make him perfect for the show).

In fact, let's get Geri Halliwell on the judging panel too. Let's really take the piss and have 4 judges where none of them are decent singers, telling others they can't sing. LOLOL :D
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    It looks like it's heading this way, personally I find his voice really whiny and irritating, i think he will probably end up as annoying oh the panel as Alexandra ok.com Burke
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    england66 wrote: »

Because he would be a judge on a show he was a finalist on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    It looks like it's heading this way, personally I find his voice really whiny and irritating, i think he will probably end up as annoying oh the panel as Alexandra ok.com Burke

Couldn't stand her as a guest judge. It was like if somebody got Doctor Christian Jessen judging a talent show looking for the UK's best regurgitator.
  • Options
    bh21bh21 Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    I think Simon will replace Louis Walsh with Louis Tomlinson

Not after the papers come out in the morning he won't be
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they always get the worst singers from groups to judge a singing competition /:
    Cheryl from GA
    Louis from 1D..
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alesha Dixon should switch after this series
  • Options
    LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope not. Can't stand him, dunno what it is but he just comes across as the least likeable of the group.
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt it. Simon uses Louis as a way to make money, not earn it. He's not gonna let his cash cow 1D get a break!
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better to put him on BGT I think.
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As opposed to a 30 something chav who cant sing and only has a solo career because of Simon allowing her to sing on the show ok
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For people who are against Louis he is a song writer and has just started his own record label i think that more then Qualifues him for the job over the likes of Cheryl and Louis Walsh
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    For people who are against Louis he is a song writer and has just started his own record label i think that more then Qualifues him for the job over the likes of Cheryl and Louis Walsh

adding the odd word to a song doesn't make you a songwriter

providing the money to start a record label doesn't make you a A&R expert

the only thing him being a judge would mean is someone from his category would win as all the hysterical 1D fans would vote for his acts regardless
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's incredibly easy to start you own record label. Especially if you have the sort of money he's fortunate enough to have and you can just pay people to do all the boring admin stuff. Having success with one is a different matter entirely.

A few co-writing credits with 5 or six different people per song does not make him a songwriter, just someone who was in a room with five or six different people when a song was written who may or may not have suggested they put a cowbell on it.

The XF should be trying to make the show more credible, not less.
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well seeing as 1D are touring the world for the rest of the year, I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    ...who is also shit.

Besides, they should get Niall to be a judge. He's a better singer than Louis and actually has a personality. Louis just comes across as extremely shallow (so actually would make him perfect for the show).

In fact, let's get Geri Halliwell on the judging panel too. Let's really take the piss and have 4 judges where none of them are decent singers, telling others they can't sing. LOLOL :D
    That would be much better, like which member from 1d is Louie even? He's not Nial, his not Harry, not the 1 who left, so he must be one of the extras and Geri would be much more interesting then Cheryl. Then we just need some1 2 replace Simon. Hmmmm
  • Options
    laurengirllaurengirl Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    ...who is also shit.

and how does he come across shallow ?
  • Options
    england66england66 Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laurengirl wrote: »
    and how does he come across shallow ?

Yeah i'd like to know that too, Genuinely puzzled about that. He's never came across as shallow to me. As for the people saying he can't sing.... yeah he might not be the best singer in the group but he's part of the biggest boy band in the world right now and came from the show, He'd be a perfect candidate for a judge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah? So what if he does?

I have internet stories published on independent fiction sites. Doesn't mean I should write a episode of a BBC Original Drama anytime soon.
  • Options
    Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It may make him just marginally more qualified to be a judge than Cheryl, though she has song writing credits on her on her albums. But Louis Walsh is a manager, looking after and guiding artists is actually his job.