New software Update

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
Forum Member
I see there is a new 'Provisional' update from 10/7/06 to 12/07/06 on the dtg site, anyone know what's in this one?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willi1s wrote:
    I see there is a new 'Provisional' update from 10/7/06 to 12/07/06 on the dtg site, anyone know what's in this one?

Its the same as the current software, just repeated i.e. addresses the lockups problem and lost recordings, plus adds chase play and autopadding and corected names of recordings in plylists. I cant remember what the other things were off the top of my head - been a long day :) Engineers will be working on a new software version in a more focussed way soon judging by Humaxs work in collecting info from this community and hummy.org.uk about users software issues remaining.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Oh well, I got excited there for a moment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willi1s wrote:
    Oh well, I got excited there for a moment

LOL Looking at your title - you wont be the only one now :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Me too :)

I looked and thought when it didnt say repeat we were gonna get some fixes for problems im having guess im gonna have to wait longer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    That's handy. I need this update as I only purchased my box on Saturday (the day AFTER the last transmission :rolleyes: ) and it's on 1.00.04.

Do I need to do anything to make sure it gets picked up or should it do it automatically? Looking forward to auto padding and chase play...... apart from the lack of these it's great so far.

Cheers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quagaar wrote:
    That's handy. I need this update as I only purchased my box on Saturday (the day AFTER the last transmission :rolleyes: ) and it's on 1.00.04.

Do I need to do anything to make sure it gets picked up or should it do it automatically? Looking forward to auto padding and chase play...... apart from the lack of these it's great so far.

Cheers!

my fault. was trigger happy with the edit and produced two identical posts!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quagaar wrote:

Cheers!

A couple of people reported an EO-S error message during the last OTA update so really just be aware that if this happens to you the process is to reset the PVR to default settings and then do a autoscan to manually check for updates. By the way, resetting the machine to default settings will loose your scheduled timers and reset all your preferences but it wont remove the recordings on the hard disk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    A couple of people reported an EO-S error message during the last OTA update so really just be aware that if this happens to you the process is to reset the PVR to default settings and then do a autoscan to manually check for updates. By the way, resetting the machine to default settings will loose your scheduled timers and reset all your preferences but it wont remove the recordings on the hard disk.

Ah, thanks. I'll watch out for that one.... :)
  • bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marcdavis wrote:
    Its the same as the current software, just repeated i.e. addresses the lockups problem and lost recordings, plus adds chase play and autopadding and corected names of recordings in plylists. I cant remember what the other things were off the top of my head - been a long day :) Engineers will be working on a new software version in a more focussed way soon judging by Humaxs work in collecting info from this community and hummy.org.uk about users software issues remaining.
    If it is as you say Marc a repeat of 1.00.06 then it would state "repeat".It is posted as "provisional" which in my opinion will be a new download. :)
  • BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bampsam wrote:
    If it is as you say Marc a repeat of 1.00.06 then it would state "repeat".It is posted as "provisional" which in my opinion will be a new download. :)

Doesn't mean a thing. Panny has recently had two listed as provisional, and it ended up being a repeats, and if anyone is likely to know the answer on here it is Marc. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bampsam wrote:

bampsam, I dont know why but DTG often just leave it as provisional until soon before the software delivery process starts (repeat or new). They like to keep everyone guessing by the looks of things :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:

Marc, could you let us into whether the next beta has been supplied to you? (hopefully a version with the EPG save etc). Or am I getting ahead of myself?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marc, could you let us into whether the next beta has been supplied to you? (hopefully a version with the EPG save etc). Or am I getting ahead of myself?

I dont think I will see beta or pre-release software leading up to the next official release for us yet as the engineers are about to evalute some of the stuff we said in our relevant threads probably some point this week. Having said that, there is a test version of current software with the fix for the blank screen issue and has some extra MHEG libraries fitted. That appears to work well and will probably be incorporated into the next new version (there is a workaround though in the mean time - see the something strange thread. There is some software a couple of people have been asked to check out - but this does not mean it will have features lined up for the next release. Its probably to assess features and find intial problems with its application. I hope to have this soon and apparantly includes 50 timers, multiple delete in one go, anotherplaylist you can put recordings into and order in various ways and play out multiple selected recordings in one go. Looking forward to that - but as you can tell - even to me its all at a stage where things are up in the air right this minute - I'm not on the inside but have established a good enough releationship between us and Humax though. As time goes by it will start tpo become clear what work is being focused on for the very next release and what bits will be assigned to the release after. Sorry if that doesnt make much sense but it does seem as though there are a few things that will be fixed over the summer and some new features hopefuly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marcdavis wrote:

I tend to set the auto update to happen late in the day (in case I forget) but do a autoscan first, if you get in there first it might avoid the need to reset to defaults.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    fanx marc (for big post above).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Good to see they're incresing the timer limit.

Good to see they check this board for feedback and ideas for improvements.

Big thumbs up to Humax from me! :)
  • BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now listed correctly as repeat LINK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:

I have recieved the E-OS error on both my sofware updates. 1.00.01 to 1.00.04 and subsequently to 1.00.06
    The only thing I have changed in both occassions is that I have set up favourites groups.
    Oddly, on the second update I tried deleting the favourites and running the update but it still failed.
    Just a snippet of information for anyone trying to get to the bottom of the error.

Ted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    hopefully a version with the EPG save etc). Or am I getting ahead of myself?

I'm really not sure why EPG save is still not done. It's certainly the top complaint I hear from 9200 owners who aren't in this forum. (We have more complicated things to winge about. :-)

It really doesn't sound like too complicated a feature as long as the EPG data structures they have built have some sensible way to provide serialisation.

Of course, someone could have come up with a structure that relies on lots of pointers thereby making the job a wee bit more complicated. But we were doing complex data game saves on Amigas in the mid-80s, despite um, err, "rich" data structures!

Ian