Ed & Katya.

Sandra_BainbridSandra_Bainbrid Posts: 8,160
Forum Member
My friend just rung me and said she was crying. Well I said I was not going to tell you but I am wiping tears away also. Really warmed to Ed & Katya and will miss them. Feel silly crying lol :D

Comments

• primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    it was definitely time for them to go, but i will miss this partnership, and the fun they brought to the show, and really look forward to seeing katya back next year
  • On_PointeOn_Pointe Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    My friend just rung me and said she was crying. Well I said I was not going to tell you but I am wiping tears away also. Really warmed to Ed & Katya and will miss them. Feel silly crying lol :D

Silly or not. You're not the only ones.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It made me emotional, I loved their partnership and they entertained me so I will miss them
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have been a joy. Actually in the dance off I still felt Ed and Katya were the better value and am very sorry to lose them.
  • Sandra_BainbridSandra_Bainbrid Posts: 8,160
    Forum Member
    primer wrote: »
    it was definitely time for them to go, but i will miss this partnership, and the fun they brought to the show, and really look forward to seeing katya back next year
    I agree it was time to go and will miss them. They both so humble and a great partnership the formed. I look forward to Katya back next year:)
  • notsolonely153notsolonely153 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very classy of them both. Looking forward to seeing more of Katya and Neil next year (although I have an instinct that Neil might have a touch of the James Jordans about him?).
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    He's made the show this year but it was definitely his time to go. Even tonight I preferred his performance to Rob's even if he is a poorer dancer.
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were OK in the first 2-3 weeks but they should have gone many weeks ago so glad their out!
    Forum Member
    On_Pointe wrote: »
    Silly or not. You're not the only ones.
    Passing the tissues round :)
  • Bonnie2012Bonnie2012 Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have been a joy. Actually in the dance off I still felt Ed and Katya were the better value and am very sorry to lose them.
    moi aussi ^^^
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who got teary at that!
  • Ann_DancerAnn_Dancer Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very classy of them both. Looking forward to seeing more of Katya and Neil next year (although I have an instinct that Neil might have a touch of the James Jordans about him?).

No I think Neil is much softer and kinder from what I've heard.

But yes, both very classy in leaving, although it was time for them to go.
  • Janet_Martin1Janet_Martin1 Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Thank you Ed and Katya you have made my sat nights
  • LoracShaktiLoracShakti Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Loved them and their partnership. They had such fun and Katya really tried to ensure d had the basics of each dance down - which I for one appreciated. A little mad at Craig's two faced comment regarding secretly enjoying Ed's dancing. If you enjoyed it and it entertained you then you should have scored it accordingly.

Anyway Ed and Katya - you will be missed - thank you for entertaining me and making me laugh :)
  • LancslassLancslass Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    I have great respect for Ed Balls, he has tried so hard to learn to dance and to entertain, completely out of his comfort zone, he has taken all criticism in good part and obviously enjoyed himself immensely.
    His final speech was touching and heart felt and brought a tear to mine as well as Katya's eye.
    Talking of which, he does have the twinkliest eyes and smile, which before strictly I would never have noticed.
    Well done Ed, sorry to see you go.
  • jay_b1jay_b1 Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Very classy goodbye! :(:D

Both saying such nice things about the other, you can tell it was a genuine friendship... Unlike when Laura and Giovanni got voted out and she went "Oh and thanks Giovanni..." that was kinda low really...
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Ed and Katya you have made my sat nights

And mine! I didn't like Ed as an MP, but what a different guy he's shown himself to really be. Such a dignified exit and of course every bit of the public praise was well deserved. Thanks for being such fun Ed!!
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the end of the show was the most genuine moment on tv for some time - the joy they had at dancing (even if he wasn't that great at it), the real respect Ed and Katya had for each other and the realisation that they weren't going to dance together again, and the affection that the other contestants obviously had for him.

If anyone had told me I would have had a lump in my throat at Ed Balls leaving Strictly even half and hour ago I would have laughed at them :D

Just goes to show the best moments can't be scripted - even in reality tv, real emotion will win every time!
    Forum Member
    jay_b1 wrote: »
    Very classy goodbye! :(:D

Both saying such nice things about the other, you can tell it was a genuine friendship... Unlike when Laura and Giovanni got voted out and she went "Oh and thanks Giovanni..." that was kinda low really...
    Yes very genuine friendship. A really moving goodbye from both Ed & Katya
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And mine! I didn't like Ed as an MP, but what a different guy he's shown himself to really be. Such a dignified exit and of course every bit of the public praise was well deserved. Thanks for being such fun Ed!!

agreed but probably the best leaving speach ever
    ps it was right for him to leave even if it should have been at least two weeks past
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed was such good fun to watch. Hope they get a guest spot before the season is over. The show's comedy quotient has just plummeted.
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved watching Ed and Katya. He brought something to SCD - I'm not sure what it was :D but it was great. His timing was always good too.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katya is a gem. She did a cracking job with Ed.
    Forum Member
    I think the end of the show was the most genuine moment on tv for some time - the joy they had at dancing (even if he wasn't that great at it), the real respect Ed and Katya had for each other and the realisation that they weren't going to dance together again, and the affection that the other contestants obviously had for him.

If anyone had told me I would have had a lump in my throat at Ed Balls leaving Strictly even half and hour ago I would have laughed at them :D

Just goes to show the best moments can't be scripted - even in reality tv, real emotion will win every time!
    Love your post post and so true. I agree, I never thought I would get a lump in my throat at Ed Balls leaving Strictly either.
  • ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was a really gracious farewell. Thank you Ed and Katya.