Options

Semi Final (Week 12) Song and Dances Revealed

lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
Forum Member
Claudia and AJ will be dancing the Rumba to ‘Bleeding Love’ by Leona Lewis and the Quickstep to ‘When You’re Smiling’ by Andy Williams

Danny and Oti will be dancing the Salsa to the track ‘Vivir Mi’ Vida by Marc Anthony and the American Smooth to ‘Misty Blue’ by Dorothy Moore

Louise and Kevin will be dancing the Samba to ‘Brazil’ by Thiago Thomé and the Tango to ‘Glad All Over’ by the Dave Clark Five

Ore and Joanne will be dancing the Quickstep to ‘Are You Gonna Be My Girl?’ by Jet and the Argentine Tango to ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Head’ by Kylie Minogue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/44b4e5cf-133d-4e91-b52b-e9c0fed5b091

Comments

• Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claudia and AJ will be dancing the Rumba to ‘Bleeding Love’ by Leona Lewis and the Quickstep to ‘When You’re Smiling’ by Andy Williams

Danny and Oti will be dancing the Salsa to the track ‘Vivir Mi’ Vida by Marc Anthony and the American Smooth to ‘Misty Blue’ by Dorothy Moore

Louise and Kevin will be dancing the Samba to ‘Brazil’ by Thiago Thomé and the Tango to ‘Glad All Over’ by the Dave Clark Five

Ore and Joanne will be dancing the Quickstep to ‘Are You Gonna Be My Girl?’ by Jet and the Argentine Tango to ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Head’ by Kylie Minogue
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Claudia and AJ
    Rumba to ‘Bleeding Love’ by Leona Lewis
    Quickstep to ‘When You’re Smiling’ by Andy Williams

Danny and Oti
    Salsa to the track ‘Vivir Mi’ Vida by Marc Anthony
    American Smooth to ‘Misty Blue’ by Dorothy Moore

Louise and Kevin
    Samba to ‘Brazil’ by Thiago Thomé
    Tango to ‘Glad All Over’ by the Dave Clark Five

Ore and Joanne
    Quickstep to ‘Are You Gonna Be My Girl?’ by Jet
    Argentine Tango to ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Head’ by Kylie Minogue

An Argentine Tango to Can't Get You Out Of My Head? :o
  • Options
    hayleys2915hayleys2915 Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And we all thought Danny's AT song was bad...poor Ore. I'm assuming the band will put their own twist on it like they did with Heard It Through the Grapevine but still pretty bizarre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You CAN'T Rumba to Bleeding Love or Argentine Tango to Can't Get You Out Of My Head, what are the producers thinking?! >:(
  • Options
    daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minus Louise, the Argentine Tango song choices this series have been absolutely dreadful
  • Options
    Nina_BlakeNina_Blake Posts: 6,578
    Forum Member
    What did Ore do to deserve that?
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    There are Tango versions of Can't Get You Out of My Head. Seems to suit more of a Ballroom Tango though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDX66uLFOV4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nina_Blake wrote: »
    What did Ore do to deserve that?

Or Claudia. :(
  • Options
    Nina_BlakeNina_Blake Posts: 6,578
    Forum Member
    Or Claudia. :(

Yeah, would be nice to have subtlety over warbling ballad - but still nothing compared to Ore, haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nina_Blake wrote: »
    Yeah, would be nice to have subtlety over warbling ballad - but still nothing compared to Ore, haha

If they had to Choose Kylie Minogue for an Argentine Tango, I think they should have used "Confide In Me". :)
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bleeding Love was Tina's rumba song in Series 8 (before she got the pox).
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol bye Ore
  • Options
    BerysmBerysm Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    So they'll prob do a slowed down version of Can't Get You Out Of My Head, but bizarrely could see it working (though why they can't give us more traditional choices for the ATs I'll never know).
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    I actually like Claudia and AJ's songs this week. :)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming they'll use the Abbey Road version of the Kylie song, although even that's more appropriate for a ballroom Tango.

(the party Latins are both great for a change, mind)
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The blindfolded dart throwing music monkeys have obviously had "tone deaf" added to their title
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An Argentine Tango to Can't Get You Out Of My Head? :o

There is a slower version of this song which would work for a AT, depends on the arrangement...

But Louise doing a Tango to Glad All Over :o I can not imagine how that will work :confused:
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there are actually several moody version of cant get you outta my head around much better than the original but not my choice for an AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHOj8etAubU
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming they'll use the Abbey Road version of the Kylie song, although even that's more appropriate for a ballroom Tango.

I was going to say, the Abbey Road version will work pretty well.

Louise's Tango song is pretty poor though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love Ore's quickstep
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we have glad all over as a tango on a ballroom album - dont love it even when played right
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking for Ore's AT as well - that would be a really great choice provided they do use that version. Danny's Salsa music is fantastic as well. :) Louise's Tango song, on the other hand... just what? :confused:
  • Options
    kittenkong42kittenkong42 Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    love Ore's quickstep

It's a great track for a QS. Worked brilliantly for Kara & Artem: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T5mzkJb6IGM :)
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being a Crystal Palace Supporter all my life, I love Glad All Over. :)
    No matter how much they fiddle with the arrangement, I can not see it as a Tango :confused:

I still have my fingers crossed for Ore & Jo to pull it off :kitty:
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claudia's hasn't got too bad music - the Rumba and QS are at least do-able to that.

Glad All Over and Can't Get You Out of My Head are totally ridiculous and inappropriate for the others dances. Really unfair in a semi-final to have such crap music.