Options

Forza Horizon

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Thanks! I'll check it out later. Wanting to see what the Aston Martin is like :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got back into playing Forza 2 the other day forgot how great the games are.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I'm still really enjoying this game and enough for me to continue to shell out on the car packs every month. I'm definitely getting better at the Rally too, it helps once you familiarise yourself with the tracks, that not the point of Rally I know!

In the long haul it's very much the same deal as FM4 for me (only not as in-depth) in the way I'm happy just buying cars for my garage, tuning and painting them and competing on Rivals. The customisation element on these games is just untouchable.

If anyone wants to go head to head on some Rivals please feel free to add me, it would be nice to get a bit of friendly competition going. :)

I'm hoping PG announce a new expansion soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So we just had the last official piece of DLC bringing the roster up to a respectable 200 cars in total minus the unicorns. About a week ago now I started to notice people saying this was the last piece of DLC for the game and that PG were not going to update it anymore unlike what T10 did outside of FM4's season pass. I was sad.. :cry::cry:

All is not lost though! today I logged in for a free roam session and was greeted with a title update, hmmm a little odd to see one of those given the recent news. From playing around not much appears to be changed aside from a new option on the map to buy a new feature that allows you to free travel to any part of the map (not just outposts), it costs 5 tokens to buy. Also it appears Alice has finally been muted.. "thank **** for that!" everyone said. :)

Best of all though is a list of new achievements that were found by a user over at the official Horizon forums that only show up when you compare gamerscore with someone, this points to a new expansion coming soon and possibly new cars also since the achievements made mention of vehicles that do not currently exist. The game is NOT dead yet! I hope it goes out with a bang before Forza 5 comes out later this year. I'll update this thread if/when something is officially announced.
  • Options
    gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/400952/forza-horizon-gets-free-1000-club-car-pack/
    Forza Horizon players will be treated to a free download expansion this coming Tuesday, April 16.

The '1000 Club Expansion Pack' will add over 1000 new challenges and 10 new Xbox Achievements totaling 250 Gamerscore points.

The pack will also come with two new cars, the Ford F100 1956 and the RUF CTR2 1995,

Might have to buy forza horizon back now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's great news, seems like PG listed to the fans and given us a real reason to play single player after completion. The biggest flaw with the game was it's design, the races are brilliant and there's loads of them but once you've come first there's nothing calling you back. This should add the replayability that Forza's known for. It's exactly what the game needs!
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/1000-Club-Expansion-Pack/a86b7cdf-bee1-4bf4-88fe-d351c7e17eb3

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/16/free-1000-club-dlc-hitting-forza-horizon

The 1000 Club Expansion offers five new challenges for every car in the game. That’s more than 1,000 challenges across the hundreds of cars featured in Forza Horizon

Looks like I might have to spin this game up again. I haven't touched it since I completed the single player, ages ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gotta say this is a really impressive expansion, it gives the game countless hours of extended life and every challenge is so well thought out to help you make the most of and enjoy every car. It also means we have to grind our way through a lot of races to earn the money needed to buy all those expensive supercars, again all it needed was an incentive to do this, it already has the content. The grind is what I always felt this game was lacking as it's always been a big component of Gran Turismo and Forza Motorspot and it helps you to appreciate the cars when you do finally get them.

To get all of the achievements I read over at the Horizon forums you will only need the November DLC pack so long as you download all the free cars from the other packs. I believe that allows you enough cars (you only need 147) and the right models to get them all.

The 1956 Ford F100 is also such a fun to drive and mod! Some people have made some real nice rust liveries on the marketplace that suit it a treat. I'll maybe post some more photos in a few days.

Best of all though, no more Alice! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought there would be a dlc tie in with the new expansion pack, at least it is not all of them. The other big issue is that if you want to fast travel from one medal to another, you have to shell out for 5 tokens for the privilege:rolleyes:, its a a one of payment.

So far I have done the lancia delta, Nissan gtr and the ferrarri f40, not much more to go:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still working my way through the Club 1000, was bigger than I expected. I ended up starting a new game on Horizon due to losing my save file (same as FM4) along with my unicorns and everything, it really sucked and will teach me to back up my saves more often and not to use dodgy USB sticks. The two games I've put the most amount of time into this gen are the two games I lose my save files for, talk about some horrible luck.

Such a great game though! In a weird way I'm happy it happened because the game is at it's best when you're playing through the story mode. I think I'm going to enter the photo mission competitions to try and win some unicorns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this on the forza site in there latest week in review -

Forza Horizon Going On Sale

If you are among the sad souls who have never played Forza Horizon we’ve got good news: the digital “Games on Demand” version of Forza Horizon will be on sale starting on Monday, Oct. 21, on Xbox Live. The game will be on sale for $15 between through November 5 so, if you haven’t had a chance to try Horizon yet, you’ve got a great opportunity to jump in and see what all the fun is about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So I presume £9.99 over here. What a great deal, I wonder if they will offer a sale on the season pass too.
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picked this up during the spring Live sale for £11.99 I think it was. Great game, if the sale price is £9.99 I highly recommend grabbing it!