Lady Gaga's letter to Kelly Osbourne.

Comments

• gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    What actual event caused Gaga to write this open letter today anyway?

And as well written and dignified as Sharon's reply is (well as dignifed a reply a women who used to send her enemies shit in a box can make), a 28 year old women shouldn't need her mother to stick up for her. Kelly should release her own reply soon or she'll look a bit pathetic leaving it up to mum.

hopefully this will be addressed on the show, kelly is no coward and i would love to see joan`s response.:D its what the osbourne`s do, like many families, they look out for each other. kelly stuck up for sharon when dannii minogue was playing the saint on x factor.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    What actual event caused Lady (that's Lady, Sharon) Gaga to write this open letter today anyway?

And as well written and dignified as Sharon's reply is (well as dignifed a reply as a women who used to send her enemies shit in a box can make), a 28 year old women shouldn't need her mother to stick up for her. Even if she herself was just planning on ignoring it Kelly should release her own reply soon or she'll look a bit pathetic leaving it up to mummy.
    Sharon wrote an email to Lady Gaga's management asking Lady Gaga to make a twitter comment asking her fans to back off other celebs, especially Kelly, as she was getting death threats. Lady Gaga then went public. I thought it was strange that Lady Gaga started her letter "While I wish you had reached out to me personally, as the head of the Born This Way foundation with my mother Cynthia we would like to" but it makes sense now, knowing that Sharon made first contact. Sharon is also Kelly's manager.

I wonder who on Lady Gaga's team actually wrote that letter and whether it was posted without Lady Gaga's knowledge. Usually Lady Gaga doesn't get involved in public spats and it's very strange that she would reply to a private email in such a public way. Something really doesn't add up here but given the explosive personalities of Sharon, Kelly and Joan I'm sure this will blow up big time. I imagine Perez will be straight in to throw oil on the fire.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    I think Gaga is a very good role model (despite criticism). I too thought Kelly has had a bit of a mind block when it comes to her image previously and how she views herself/others now.

Damn! I can't really disagree with what most of what she says there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's probably right about Fashion Police... they sit there and poke fun at celebrities dress sense.

However, why make the letter public? She's just seeking attention as usual.
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga is right (in my opinion) but it's awfully hard, not to mention presumptuous, to try and force others to do something.

I don't really accept Sharon's response of "that's the way the world is".

It doesn't have to be like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga comes across as preachy, self important and enormously disingenuous.

How about the way she uses the Gay community as an accessory, or trades on the physical insecurities of others to market her product at them?

This is also a point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    I've watched a few clips of it online and it can be very funny. What really makes me laugh is when they make fun of the way people look (as opposed to the way they dress) - none of them are exactly great to look at.

I find that crueller.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tulip19 wrote: »
    Gaga is right (in my opinion) but it's awfully hard, not to mention presumptuous, to try and force others to do something.

i am not saying its easy. however, she has to take some accountability here, they are her fans and she preaches about tolerance enough. however, she seems to tolerate this behaviour by saying these individuals have `learning to do`.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Tulip19 wrote: »
    I find that crueller.

Yeah, sure you do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Find it interesting that Sharon has a pop at Gaga for wearing fur and having no respect for animals, yet she's fine with her husband biting the heads off live bats onstage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wiseguy100 wrote: »
    Find it interesting that Sharon has a pop at Gaga for wearing fur and having no respect for animals, yet she's fine with her husband biting the heads off live bats onstage.

he bit a dove`s head off as well, sharon sent him to rehab.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga makes me sick. She "promotes" the message that you should be happy with the person you are and that you are a beautiful induvidual.....................and she does this while hiding her own true identity by using a fake stage name and dressing up in a parade of bizarre costumes and make up so you cant actually see what she "realy" looks like herself. She is ashamed of her true self, yet she feels fit to braimwash young girls into following her life like a religion.

Also, how anyone who is so well known as a selfish egotistical diva can think she is so perfect astounds me. She is power mad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    he bit a dove`s head off as well, sharon sent him to rehab.

i may have got this wrong.:o apparently, sharon found the dove incident amusing at the time.:eek: however, sharon is not a known animal activist, but it is possible she has become more compassionate towards animals since then. after all, these incidents did take place over 30 years ago.

whereas, gaga is a known `tolerance` activist in the here and now. her fans sent kelly this `abuse` and the best this `humanitarian` can do is feel badly about it, suggesting some fans have `learning to do`. of course, this is later on in the letter, after she hints that kelly somehow deserved the `abuse`. she also urges kelly to take responsibly and accountability for her actions. yet she takes no accountability or responsibly for the people that lap up all this tolerance stuff she preaches about. so in the hypocrisy stakes, gaga looks worse, all things considered.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly posted a link to Instant Karma on Twitter, that have anything to do with this. Getting worked up over a show on E!, a bit OTT.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    She's probably right about Fashion Police... they sit there and poke fun at celebrities dress sense.

However, why make the letter public? She's just seeking attention as usual.

Kelly Osbourne's mockery and criticism of other people's appearance is done publically on E! Fashion Police.

So Gaga is perfectly justified in responding publically.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    While I agree with Gaga's letter to Kelly, it shouldn't have been a public letter. Gaga knows her own fanbase. She knows very well, that her millions of twitter followers would go on a full blown attack mode on Kelly once this letter was released. Had this letter been private, it actually may have has some results, but by making it public, Gaga caused Kelly to become a traget for bullies, and she is actually responsible for it.

Chastising others in a public manner is never a good idea. Isn't that what Gaga was somewhat trying to say to Kelly in her open letter?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Agree re Fashion Police. I love Joan Rivers, and I do think Fashion Police is a hoot, but Joan has the personality to carry it off, it's all part and parcel of who she is and her decades of self-deprecating comedy, and I think most celebs with a sense of perspective and humour understand her barbs. Kelly however doesn't have Joan's wit or personality to carry off the 'snark'.

This - 100%.

Joan is an utter legend. Kelly is a spoilt brat riding on the coat tails of her parents' fame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This - 100%.

Joan is an utter legend. Kelly is a spoilt brat riding on the coat tails of her parents' fame.

As she is fully aware of she has publicly stated the obvious a number of times that`s exactly why she get`s jobs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    As she is fully aware of she has publicly stated the obvious a number of times that`s exactly why she get`s jobs

Fine - as long as she is aware of the nepotism that has sustained her career.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This spat is quite embarrasing really and neither party comes out of it looking pretty good. They are both hypocritical in what they say and how they act and it should've been done in private really. All parties need to grow up and act their age
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Gaga had any courage in her convictions she'd have kept the letter and would have told her mates DJ white shadow, Lady Starlight and Terry Richardson to stop throwing their insults around while she sits back and watches
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, ickle Kelly's mummy has waded in - quelle surprise.

She seems to be getting her knickers in a knot about Gaga wearing fur - but it seems perfectly acceptable for her husband to bite the heads of bats on stage. What a bunch of cretinous hypocrites Sharon & Kelly are.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She seems to be getting her knickers in a knot about Gaga wearing fur - but it seems perfectly acceptable for her husband to bite the heads of bats on stage. What a bunch of cretinous hypocrites Sharon & Kelly are.

Don't Sharon and Kelly wear leather shoes/handbags too? Not really much of a difference between that and fur.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Sharon was unable to address Gaga's central argument of Kelly Osbourne criticising other people's appearance on Fashion Police, so she shifted the subject to meat and fur, while forgetting, as others have mentioned, that her husband doesn't exactly have a stellar record when it comes to animal welfare.

Sharon also forgets an episode of her own TV show where when dealing with noisy neighbours, she and her son threw an enormous slab of meat over the fence. Presumably this meat came from some sort of meat plant, since Sharon loves animals so much.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually, if I've got this right from what has been previously posted:

1. Sharon (as Kelly's manager and mother) emailed Gaga's manager asking if he could have a word about trying to control her fans as they were cyberbullying Kelly (and other celebs, sending death threats etc).

2. Nothing happened?

3. Sharon re-emailed the manager with a new death threat again urging that the fans behaviour be curbed.

4. GaGa decided to address Kelly herself (who had had no part in this herself thus far) in a public letter which is ever so slightly patronising and bound to fan the flames of her more rabid fans.

I actually quite like Kelly on Fashion Police. It's sometimes a bit vicious (mainly by Joan, as the others look a little embarrassed/shcoked, although that may be faked, of course), but she has never come across that badly on it.

I personally think that this should have been kept private between the two managers. It didn't need a public letter to Kelly (who hadn't actually been involved personally until that point) and has only served to make things ten times worse.

Cyberbullying is a crime - even on Twitter. I honestly don't understand the fans of some of these stars - sending death threats for no apparent reason; posting hateful things. It reflects very badly on those who do it. I just hope they're all ashamed of their behaviour when they all grow up (the fans, that is, not the people concerned in this 'spat').