Sean Wilson in The Sun

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
Forum Member
Thanks to everyone who emailed the sun yesterday. He got a write up and did an interview telling them what he thought. Its all good fun!! :D

Comments

• quelquechosequelquechose Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Oh glad there was some sort of followup.

At least he knows what we all think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I have told him what people have been saying on here. He appreciates the support. :cool:
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2006070608,00.html

Poor Sean . Noone would want to go out because of an error. :( You wouldn't mind so much if your performance wasn't up to it but it must be hard to accept going out because there was a mess up with the voting lines. It's not fair on the public either, parting with their money and ending up voting for the wrong person.

I can't see Sean being reinstated now but I think they should've let him back into the competition and voted out the bottom 2 this week instead.

I hope the voting lines have been sorted out for this week.
  • quelquechosequelquechose Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    I would think voting figures will be considerably down this week following on this messup
    Forum Member
    id say almost definitely. I wouldnt be surprised if viewings were down also. I think people feel a bit let down by it all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    amyja wrote:
    id say almost definitely. I wouldnt be surprised if viewings were down also. I think people feel a bit let down by it all.
    I certainly feel let done by the voting fix
  • TheSoupdragonTheSoupdragon Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amyja wrote:

Well they're up against the FA cup and Winter Olympics which it says is speed skating. Lol!!! so the figures might well be down.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disnae wrote:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2006070608,00.html

Poor Sean . Noone would want to go out because of an error. :( You wouldn't mind so much if your performance wasn't up to it but it must be hard to accept going out because there was a mess up with the voting lines. It's not fair on the public either, parting with their money and ending up voting for the wrong person.

I can't see Sean being reinstated now but I think they should've let him back into the competition and voted out the bottom 2 this week instead.

I hope the voting lines have been sorted out for this week.

That's despicable. :mad: I don't believe for one minute that Bonnie was miles in front, either. It's a total fix.
    Forum Member
    "They claim Bonnie was so far in front their blunder did not affect the end result. "

No she wasnt atall. ITV havent actually claimed anything. :mad:

The only stuff thats actually true in that article is what Sean said. ITV couldnt justify it even if they had spoke up. Whether or not she was that far in front, he still got voted out and could have been because of a mess up by them. They would say anything to keep people sweet and still watching. I still think in my opinion that he SHOULD be let back in and if he was to go again then fair enough.

Its disgusting what has happened but ITV are to selfish to actually say anything about the matter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    amyja wrote:
    I still think in my opinion that he SHOULD be let back in and if he was to go again then fair enough.

If he wants another chance, but would he be able to have a fair go at it now? He'd have missed a week of intense practice - even if they gave him a bye this week, I'd think he'd have trouble catching up.

I do think ITV owe Sean and those who voted for him a public apology.
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    It's such a shame that Sean wasn't allowed back in following the voting error. They were a couple down tonight due to injury so they could've done with an extra pair of skaters !

There's no way the producers would have publicly admitted to an error though. They'd have had to refund money re voting ( I don't know how they would work that... it would all be a mess I suppose) It's such a shame for Sean though. David gets a bye into the next round without setting foot on the ice and Sean goes out when the voting lines weren't working correctly. It's just not fair. (Not that I'm objecting to David still being in the competition though. I think he's a good skater)
  • ellie2ellie2 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    i think david should automatically be up for the skate-off next time since he got free passage this week