Do you believe in reincarnation?

124»

Comments

• DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jessmum wrote: »
    I'm reading a book at the moment, Past Lives, Future Lives by Jenny Cockell who has always dreamt and had strong feelings about being a woman in 1920s Ireland. Jenny remembered where in Ireland it was, Malahide, so she eventually tracked down her 'children' and could confirm her memories of her past life with them. It's a remarkable story.

Do you believe in reincarnation? Have you any memories or feelings of past lives?

If you haven't already done so you must read Soul Survivor - Bruce & Andrea Leininger
    Also Roy Stenman's Reincarnation
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you never get anything like - for example - a reincarnated Newton explaining how he came to the idea of fluxions, and whether he was gay. in a way that would convince biographers and historians of science ........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ludwig boltzman discussing his pre quantum statistical mechanics in late 19th century german would also be "convincing" ......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has hitler ever been reincarnated (not as a cat!) ? that would be quite interesting ......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jean buridan talking in medieval latin. now that would be fascinating .......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just an ordinary roman citizen able to fluently speak ad100 latin and discuss contemporary roman empire politics and sleazy personal gossip would be "a bit of a clincher" ....... especially if a 7 year old child ........
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bootyache wrote: »
    That story is very interesting.

This story was a tv programme about 15-20 yrs ago.

It was all checked out and her story was basically confirmed.

She drew drawings of the place in Ireland. She along with the tv station researched and found the place. They then found a surviving sibling from this older family and she in conversations with him told him what she recalled about her memories and he confirmed she was correct.

Doesn't take more than a few seconds googling to see that it didn't all check out, so I don't believe a word of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you're aware Spiney but you can edit your posts to add things to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I quite like the idea of being re-incarnated as something cool, like a Golden Eagle, but I can't say that I believe in it myself.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A fourfold increase still begs the question of where all the extra souls came from? Perhaps the "reincarnation waiting list" was much longer back then? Or, more probably, the whole idea is poppycock arising from the wishful thinking of people who fear death.

The fact that your soul might be reincarnated does not mean that your current life would continue.

However...People are appointed to die once, and then to face judgment, Hebrews 9.27