Borgen series 2 - Danish political drama Saturdays BBC4 - no spoilers allowed. Tak

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    Including BBC HD

21:00 - 1.08m (4.5%)
    22:00 - 852k (4.0%)

K

Well well well, I am very surprised that Borgen s2 eps 1 and 2 beat The Killing s3 eps 1 and 2

TK overnights =
    e1:1.04m inc HD
    e2: 784k inc HD

This looks very good and may even result in over a million viewers for the official figures for ep 2.
  • violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen both series and it is fantastic.

Sidse is a fantastic actress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I've seen both series and I'm not sure if I enjoyed the second one better than the first because I feel I know all the characters etc and that helps, or if it just is better. Either way, it's superb. All the main characters are really strong and even the minor characters are so well acted.
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me how 'Sidse' is pronounced? All this Scandi-noir leaves me sceptical that you say 'Sid-sy'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the last 5 episodes of Series 1 - I'm up to date now :D:cool:
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how 'Sidse' is pronounced? All this Scandi-noir leaves me sceptical that you say 'Sid-sy'.

One of the newspaper reports I read the other day said it's 'Sis-uh'/'Siz-uh'. It's probably not exactly like that but most likely near enough - they pretty much wouldn't say the hard 'd' sound. The Danes seem to leave out sounds all over the place. :D
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    Interesting, tlp - always enlightened posts from you!
    Have noticed how many Scottish words are similar to Danish "born"(with that line through it) for children = bairn in Scots etc
    hame? for home... etc. Have noticed quite a few examples!
    Gosh, isn't this series FAB? Am glued to it already and I have never been remotely interested in Danish politics before!
    I'm actually preferring it to TK3 at the moment!

Thanks - just the messenger in this instance really though. :) And yes, the 'bairns'/'børn' thing is another similarity.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,517
    Forum Member
    A comedy villain and an unhealthy Jim Royle-a-like waiting to fall off his perch? Too obvious!

The Kristen/Karen blooper by Casper was an ouchy for me though. :o
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    I was mildly disappointed by the opening to series 2. Hanne and Kasper seem to have had a character transplant. Series 1 Kasper would never have said someone was too cynical and has ended up moving in with the sort of person he derided Katrine for dating last series. The plot line with Kruse was also leaden and obvious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://translate.google.co.uk/#auto/en/sidse

Press the speaker symbol in the Danish part to hear the pronunciation.

Really enjoyed these openers. Is Lotte pregnant? From some angles she looked to have a bulge in the tum.

No vest action from Philip.:(

What was Birgitte's daughter up to? Did she really borrow her mate's skates or was she up to no good. Hedgehog feeding perchance?

I think Theis is the murderer. He'll finish Bent off in the hospital.

The financial crisis must have hit Denmark really hard. Air Force One was a little underwhelming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We get a name for the barnepige in this series - Anne. Bet she rides a bike.

Kasper still carrying on with the France pretence. Presumably Katrine is the only one who knows the real story there? ie Birgitte doesn't know about his evil dad?

Still hoping Sanne will come back. But I'm fearing the old battleaxe aide Jytte is a permanent fixture now.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »

Thanks, Inkblot and LostProphet. So it's 'Seeza Baybett Knoosen'. Excellent. I do enjoy learning these things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    I forgot how gripping this show is.

It's great how action-packed it feels even without physical action.

100% agree with this.

Also love it when they start speaking english... kinda sexy accent too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member

In this article (which has a great interview with Sidse Babett Knudsen):

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/borgen-i-never-thought-it-would-travel-8434602.html?origin=internalSearch

she says it's pronounced Sissay (like the footballer Pappiss Cissé.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apaul wrote: »
    Series 1 Kasper would never have said someone was too cynical and has ended up moving in with the sort of person he derided Katrine for dating last series.
    Why would Kasper never say that? How is Lotte like a fitness instructor?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ?????????????????????????

But YOUR OWN title of this thread quite clearly reads...NO SPOILERS ALLOWED

It is sad that UK viewers who have seen the series cannot keep quiet about future episodes, unlike Danish contributors to this and the various Scandinavian series' Guardian blogs.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking :(

I've asked the mods to remove the offending post
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least it was in a spoiler tag, you don't have to read it!
    No harm done :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    chloe_26 wrote: »
    At least it was in a spoiler tag, you don't have to read it!
    No harm done :)

I still feel bad about it though because I'm normally so cautious about these things
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the 'intro' to the spoiler shouldn't hint at the content?

But now we can't avoid guessing what it says but can't check to see if we're right!

Mistake forgiven!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I still feel bad about it though because I'm normally so cautious about these things

No worries. The actress who played Sanne, Iben Dorner, was filming Those Who Kill late 2010 to early 2011 as Benedikte Schaeffer, separated wife of one of the main characters Thomas. This series of Borgen was filmed autumn 2010 to autumn 2011 and screened in Denmark in autumn 2011.

Anyone recognise Kruse from The Killing series 2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No worries. The actress who played Sanne, Iben Dorner, was filming Those Who Kill late 2010 to early 2011 as Benedikte Schaeffer, separated wife of one of the main characters Thomas. This series of Borgen was filmed autumn 2010 to autumn 2011 and screened in Denmark in autumn 2011.

I can't say that I do, which is a shame as part of the fun of watching the various Euro-Crime shows is saying "hang on, isn't that Thingy from that other show??"

Speaking of that sort of thing Benedikte Hansen who plays Hanne is appearing in the new BBC version of The Lady Vanishes

http://www.televisual.com/news-detail/Keeley-Hawes-leads-cast-of-BBC-drama-The-Lady-Vanishes_nid-1924.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two political commentators just been on Sky News. They were talking about the Tory LibDem coalition. Borgen got a mention from one of them. Saying the goings on in our two party coalition is nothing compared to what happens on the show. That got a little laugh from all taking part.:):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two political commentators just been on Sky News. They were talking about the Tory LibDem coalition. Borgen got a mention from one of them. Saying the goings on in our two party coalition is nothing compared to what happens on the show. That got a little laugh from all taking part.:):)

Well that makes sense, things in Borgen would be more complicated as they have a 3-party coalition as opposed to the 2-party one we have
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn't recognise him.(Please - not the cone!!!!! Although I think Verence should be wearing that:D:D)

He played Krabbe according to IMDB. Who spent a lot of his time sparring with Birgitte IIRC. Who was played by Benedikte Hansen.

PS
    How old is Birgitte's daughter now? 16-ish.