Comments

• The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the weight stays on.
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am over-weight & I know it, I do not need Ms Hopkins to patronise me; I know exactly what I have to do to lose weight, but I'm not bothered enough to try, I like what I eat & I like eating lots of it - it's none of her damn business.
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the weight stays on.

Me too.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    why dont all overweight people have the gastric band operation ?

It worked wonders for Fern Britton
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »

Maybe a lot can't afford a gastric band. I can't imagine it being affordable for a lot out there.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    fERN caused a bit of controversy by saying that it was
    exercise and sensible eating that had caused her weight loss
    and kept quiet about the gastric band op .

Why she did that I dont know, the op should be routine and
    available on the NHS
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

available on the NHS

She probably wanted people to think that she lost weight the natural way. Some celebrities use their money to lose weight the easy way and they then give the impression that they lost the weight the natural way through exercise and better eating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

available on the NHS

Too expensive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    She probably wanted people to think that she lost weight the natural way. Some celebrities use their money to lose weight the easy way and they then give the impression that they lost the weight the natural way through exercise and better eating.

She looked better fat.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My GP told me that she had to ask people to put on weight to qualify for a gastric band, if they wanted one on the NHS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    wow, i saw her interview on TM, and she couldn't even sit down and looked uncomfy sitting on the sofa..she was breathless talking too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She clearly likes the attention that her provoking comments get.
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's her 'job' as a professional troll. After all, add the word professional and it's okay.

But I happen to agree with some of what she says. That's twice now, so I feel she's losing her touch. The true trolling response would have been to confirm the guilt of a dead woman and say nasty horrible things about her and anyone else.
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I don't give offence. You choose to take it"

Probably the only thing that's come out of her mouth I agree on
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should be put down along with that equally awful Julie Burchill

why these idiots get so much attention is beyond me, being nasty is NOT cool ( although I myself am fed up with the McCanns, this is just jumping on a cheap bandwagon)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should be put down along with that equally awful Julie Burchill

why these idiots get so much attention is beyond me, being nasty is NOT cool ( although I myself am fed up with the McCanns, this is just jumping on a cheap bandwagon)

Burchill, for all her myriad of faults, is at least an exemplary writer. Yes, she has resorted to being contrary for contrary's sake in recent years and it's a shame; at her peak she was one of the best journalists and wordsmiths in the country IMVHO. Hopkins isn't fit to lick her boots - she's just a boring persistent troll. Having said all that, I agree entirely with her view on the McCanns.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopkins is spot on here.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I am not a mad fan of Katie but I agree with her. The journalists never questioned the McCanns and their friends about leaving the children alone every night of their hoiiday in Portugal. No criticism of their idea of parenting. Obviously popping back to check on the children every half hour (according to the McCanns) was not sufficient to keep the children safe as Madeleine disappeared!! A lot of people were very frustrated by the way the whole sad case was reported. So many questions left unanswered.
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not a mad fan of Katie but I agree with her. The journalists never questioned the McCanns and their friends about leaving the children alone every night of their hoiiday in Portugal. No criticism of their idea of parenting. Obviously popping back to check on the children every half hour (according to the McCanns) was not sufficient to keep the children safe as Madeleine disappeared!! A lot of people were very frustrated by the way the whole sad case was reported. So many questions left unanswered.

This. I could go into detail but I don't want the thread to be pulled.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This too^^
    I also won't go into detail as the thread will be locked but I think it's the first time I've agreed with Ms Hopkins -I had to wash myself down with bleach after feeling grubby agreeing with one of Katie's tweets :D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    This too^^
    I also won't go into detail as the thread will be locked but I think it's the first time I've agreed with Ms Hopkins -I had to wash myself down with bleach after feeling grubby agreeing with one of Katie's tweets :D

And me. Don't wish to get the thread locked either but I could never get my head around why they seemed to think it was an ok thing to do. NOT that I believe some of the more horrible accusations levelled at the family. She is right in that had she been the one to do as they did, she would have had hell to pay from the media. Absolutely.

I do believe much of KH's persona is a bit of a performance. She's found her niche and seems either ruthless or blinkered enough to roll with it. I do suspect that there is a much more vulnerable side to her, which we have only had small glimpses of and don't fit the 'ogre' she has publicly created.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I hope the hideous ugly troll stays fat, in fact I hope it gets fatter and can 't shift a single ounce.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the fact that someone has signed her up as 'bear bait' TV
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the hideous ugly troll stays fat, in fact I hope it gets fatter and can 't shift a single ounce.

Oooo so do I! In fact some people then get fatter with dieting and stopping ,I would just love it for her to be "one of those people" ;)
This discussion has been closed.