Options

Celtic Nation, Celtic FC's path into the English league?

Comments

• Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing would give them the right, but that's a very different thing from saying it wouldn't be handed to them. The Football League are timewasters who only claim to give a shit.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    if any scottish team came into the english league then we may as well start inviting psg and ajax as well.

It shouldnt happen and it wont.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Wolfman13 wrote: »
    Not sure what that has to do with anything. :confused:

Would be rather strange for teams from an independent nation to be joining the league of a foreign country. It's already weird to have Canadian teams in the "National" Hockey League.
    BiB I bet it's not the green brigade as they hate the English.

The Green Brigade have never got their heads around the fact they are supporters who detest the British, while following a team located in the United Kingdom, and having a strange worship for Eire. It would be like a team in the Dutch League who worship Germany and hate the Dutch.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Green Brigade have never got their heads around the fact they are supporters who detest the British, while following a team located in the United Kingdom, and having a strange worship for Eire. It would be like a team in the Dutch League who worship Germany and hate the Dutch.

More pish about the Green Brigade.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member

Aye?

Absolute rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    timboy wrote: »
    More pish about the Green Brigade.
    Absolute rubbish.

Really?

So they love Britain then? They hate Eire?

What part is wrong?

Explain the pish
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?

What part is wrong?

Explain the pish

You are claiming that the GB "detest the British".

Prove your assertion. You won't be able to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You are claiming that the GB "detest the British".

Prove your assertion. You won't be able to.

Ah I see.

I guess when they sing songs about the IRA it must be the Intercollegiate Rowing Association.

Well I'm convinced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really?

What part is wrong?

Explain the pish

When the response to a the denial of a "They detest the British" statement is "so they love Britain then?" then there really isn't much point in going further.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    When the response to a the denial of a "They detest the British" statement is "so they love Britain then?" then there really isn't much point in going further.

I see

So they don't hate Britain, and don't love it, but are completely somewhere in the middle. A sort of apathy and non-commital position.

They are neutral on the matter.

Thanks for clarifying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see

So they don't hate Britain, and don't love it, but are completely somewhere in the middle. A sort of apathy and non-commital position.

Thanks for clarifying.

I wasn't attempting to clarify, i have no need to do so. I was simply showing up the somewhat polarised viewpoint.

This is not the place for a political/football debate especially not one with the misguided stance you have already taken.

Best to let this one go i think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wasn't attempting to clarify, i have no need to do so. I was simply showing up the somewhat polarised viewpoint.

This is not the place for a political/football debate especially not one with the misguided stance you have already taken.

Best to let this one go i think.

I agree, you certainly should.

So the Green Brigade aren't polarised?

lol

You're right. They are very measured on the matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I see.

I guess when they sing songs about the IRA it must be the Intercollegiate Rowing Association.

Well I'm convinced.
    I see

Thanks for clarifying.

Are those really the best come backs that you have? I would have expected better in all honesty.

Anyway, Ill let you get back to worrying about Billericay Symphony or whoever it is they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are those really the best come backs that you have? I would have expected better in all honesty.

Anyway, Ill let you get back to worrying about Billericay Symphony or whoever it is they are.

Those comebacks were perfectly adequate.

Why go for more than enough?
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Then you are clearly deluded. Don't care how big Celtic are what would give them the rights to be put in League 1 or the Championship at the expense of those who have worked hard starting at the bottom right at the start.

I never said celtic have the right to be invited in front of other teams. I said if it did happen, I believe the football league would find a way to accommodate celtic rather then making them start @ the bottom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, you certainly should.

So the Green Brigade aren't polarised?

lol

You're right. They are very measured on the matter.

Again, take something that wasn't said.

Thats why its pointless even having a discussion that you don't want anyway.

"I don't think that colour is black"
    "Oh, so you are saying its white?"

Carry on….
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Again, take something that wasn't said.

Thats why its pointless even having a discussion that you don't want anyway.

"I don't think that colour is black"
    "Oh, so you are saying its white?"

Carry on….

They are either black or white. Take your pick.

You either agree they are polarised, or not, and to argue that they are not, would be, quite frankly, a ridiculous assertion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are either black or white. Take your pick.

You either agree they are polarised, or not, and to argue that they are not, would be, quite frankly, a ridiculous assertion.

You said that they "destest the British" so your claim is that they hate every man, woman and child who classifies themselves as British.

They don't so you are speaking pish.

You can dislike the military forces or government of a country without hating everyone in that country you know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You said that they "destest the British" so your claim is that they hate every man, woman and child who classifies themselves as British.

They don't so you are speaking pish.

You can dislike the military forces or government of a country without hating everyone in that country you know.

I'd believe that if they also didn't glorify a terrorist organisation which has killed large amounts of British people.
  • Options
    Wolfman13Wolfman13 Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd believe that if they also didn't glorify a terrorist organisation which has killed large amounts of British people.

And their own people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If we are going there then how many people have the British army killed around the world yet we are expected to glorify them every year?

Fact is the Green Brigade do not detest the British. You made a claim that was complete bollocks and when asked to back up your claims you haven't been able to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And their own people.

True.

Even aside from the quite odd notion of teams from one country competiting in the league of another country, we just don't need the additional aggro that Celtic, and of course Rangers, bring with them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If we are going there then how many people have the British army killed around the world yet we are expected to glorify them every year?.

Expectation isn't enforcement. If you don't wish to glorify the British armed forces, you don't have to.
    Fact is the Green Brigade do not detest the British. You made a claim that was complete bollocks and when asked to back up your claims you haven't been able to

Please, spare me the apologism. It's laughable.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think some of the songs the green brigade and other Celtic fans sing would go down very well in England as they haven't before. Offensive songs about the queen or pro-IRA songs and booing the British army or disrupting silences would be too controversial and embarrassing for Sky and the FA. It would harm their big cash cow and those type of sentiments would broadly be seen as anti-British.

I watched the report about this Celtic Nation, seems a decent idea although the motive behind it seems hidden for now.
  • Options
    Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think some of the songs the green brigade and other Celtic fans sing would go down very well in England as they haven't before. Offensive songs about the queen or pro-IRA songs and booing the British army or disrupting silences would be too controversial and embarrassing for Sky and the FA. It would harm their big cash cow and those type of sentiments would broadly be seen as anti-British.
    Spot on.

Their history of hate-filled agenda's has come back to bite them on the bum.

Perhaps they should join the Irish league instead.
This discussion has been closed.