Ben and Kristina Up a Tree ...

Comments

• tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure nobody would be surprised if/when the news breaks that Kristina was either part/most/all of the reason for the split or, in a miraculous coincidence, is suddenly reported to be "consoling" Ben.

However, it would be both fair and polite (hahahahaha) to wait for the slightest confirmation before skewering her on the spit and barbecuing her over the fire. As far as I can see, Ben and his wife have separated, they have denied there is anyone else involved and the only evidence thus far that Kristina might have anything to do with it is her reputation and their mutual attendance at some celebrity bash, is that right?

As I stated, I'm not saying I don't believe that she might be involved. I'm just saying that at the moment, it's the emperor's new dirty linen people are washing and hanging out to dry. At least wait until Kristina tosses her actual knickers into the machine.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear...I dont even know what to say...

All Im going to say is that I like Kristina and she is one of my favorite pros :):) and she is a lovely woman :).

I like Ben.....gent, lovely.....

That's all....... shrug.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least wait until Kristina tosses her actual knickers into the machine.
    with her patent gusset-flashing dance antics, we'll all know right away
    :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I seem to remember Kristina up a tree, Ben WAS the tree.
    It's a knocking shop with sequins now :o
    Cackling :D:D:D
    I actually really like Kristina, despite everything.

I do too :):)

Well we are not sure that Kristina is behind it; And WHY is the other woman always the one to blame in situation like this :confused: They were probably already having issues in their relationship to start off with.
    Like someone else said, Ben is not a child or cant think for himself....why is he seen as the innocent one in this situation and all the blame is placed solely on Kristina : If Im not mistaken , it takes 2 TO TANGO so BOTH parties are guilty here (IF indeed Kristina is behind it)

I NEVER bought into the fawning that Ben did over his wife on ITT or on the VTs (while most women in the country were like " awwwwwwwwwwwww HOW SWEET " ) to start off with; It just seemed a bit OTT, " Fake " and contrived to me...I cant believe some people bought into that and tbh Im NOT surprised to hear that he and wife separated at all.

The ONLY people I feel sorry here for are his kids and I do hope that the split remains amicable for their sake.

Things happen, people marry, break up , divorce.....its LIFE.....Shrug..........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure nobody would be surprised if/when the news breaks that Kristina was either part/most/all of the reason for the split or, in a miraculous coincidence, is suddenly reported to be "consoling" Ben.

However, it would be both fair and polite (hahahahaha) to wait for the slightest confirmation before skewering her on the spit and barbecuing her over the fire. As far as I can see, Ben and his wife have separated, they have denied there is anyone else involved and the only evidence thus far that Kristina might have anything to do with it is her reputation and their mutual attendance at some celebrity bash, is that right?

As I stated, I'm not saying I don't believe that she might be involved. I'm just saying that at the moment, it's the emperor's new dirty linen people are washing and hanging out to dry. At least wait until Kristina tosses her actual knickers into the machine.

I CONCUR ; I dont know why some people are so quick to put the blame on her here :confused::confused: Yes she has a bit of a reputation, Im aware of that but how does it prove that she is involved here :confused:

I have to say this comment on the dailyfail about their seperation made me chuckle :

I'm more shocked he went to London Fashion week in those ankle flappers!

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last thing Im going to say for now......

When you have marital issues in your marriage or in your relationship, and maybe you are trying to work on them , then DONT GO ON STRICTLY COME DANCING......Wait till they are resolved then go to SCD......
    Just from the Last Serie alone,

-Susanna and her partner
    -Rachel and Pasha
    -Ben and his Wife.....

WHO IS NEXT :o:o:o ??? WHO WILL IT BE THIS YEAR :o:o ???

So far this year,

Sunetra and her husband are Divorcing after 10 years of marriage...................
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Last thing Im going to say for now......

When you have marital issues in your marriage or in your relationship, and maybe you are trying to work on them , then DONT GO ON STRICTLY COME DANCING......Wait till they are resolved then go to SCD......
    Just from the Last Serie alone,

-Susanna and her partner
    -Rachel and Pasha
    -Ben and his Wife.....

WHO IS NEXT :o:o:o ??? WHO WILL IT BE THIS YEAR :o:o ???

Oh and Sunetra and her husband are Divorcing...........

Didn't Robin split up from his partner too? The one before the new guy whose name escapes me... And then Artem and Kara too...

Statisticians can't disprove this Thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Why does she have to be a role model?

Rachel Riley broke up with her husband straight after Strictly and (if luigy is correct) started dating Pasha soon after. I don't see Pasha being burned at the stake as a marriage wrecker.:confused:

I'm not defending Kristina, particularly - or wishing to slate Pasha - but the double standards are ridiculous.

EXACTLY !!!!! I particularly agree with the BIB I don't recall seeing this kind of vitriol being thrown at Pasha.....:confused::confused: Not that I wish for it to happen but why is there so much vitriol towards Kristina and NOT for Pasha :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Didn't Robin split up from his partner too? The one before the new guy whose name escapes me... And then Artem and Kara too...

Yes to both.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it takes 2 TO TANGO

Not if one of them is Widdy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    Not if one of them is Widdy.

:D:D:D
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is there actually a "third party" involved here, or is it all just speculation?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is there actually a "third party" involved here, or is it all just speculation?

It's ALL speculation. The press release says that there's NO third-party involved.
  • Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »

Weren't Artem and Kara both single and met on scd? Not really a strictly curse there!

Tbh I can see why if you were a bit dissatisfied with your home life you might sign up to a show that's such a massive commitment just to get you out of the situation. Obviously not the right thing to do but people are human and we don't always do the right thing.

I don't agree with all this bile being thrown at Kristina. Has the expression "it takes two to tango?" ever been more apt?
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie_ wrote: »

I don't agree with all this bile being thrown at Kristina. Has the expression "it takes two to tango?" ever been more apt?

Thing is, we don't know there's even been a tango!
  • Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Thing is, we don't know there's even been a tango!

Oh wow you're right... the way this thread was going I thought they were an item now!

This is how rumours get started!
  • CottontailCottontail Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    EXACTLY !!!!! I particularly agree with the BIB I don't recall seeing this kind of vitriol being thrown at Pasha.....:confused::confused: Not that I wish for it to happen but why is there so much vitriol towards Kristina and NOT for Pasha :confused:

Because Kristina, to use the vernacular, "has form" I.e. Vincent, Joe... Pasha on the other hand played it well, divorce then relationship, at least in the pubic eye. Plus we all know men are t***s when it comes to keeping it in their pants! :D
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if Ben would be separating had say Natalie not been injured last series, given the ridiculous height difference I'd imagine Natalie was the partner for Ben
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I think it goes without saying that, if there is an affair, Ben is the one who is the most at fault, having a wife and children to be responsible for.

However....I believe that the pro dancer has a responsibility to remain dispassionate. Dancing is emotional with close contact and I imagine the Strictly environment is highly pressurised. She should be able to maintain a professional relationship and deal with the inevitable crushes that will arise in these circumstances.

She also strikes me as very single minded and it is natural for women to feel a deep dislike for a woman who is so attractive and who appears to stop at nothing to get what she wants.

That does not mean to say she would be more at fault than him. However, just because you can, does not mean you should.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cottontail wrote: »
    Because Kristina, to use the vernacular, "has form" I.e. Vincent, Joe... Pasha on the other hand played it well, divorce then relationship, at least in the pubic eye. Plus we all know men are t***s when it comes to keeping it in their pants! :D

I know that but for all we know Pasha might have also been like that in his private life but he is such a private person (at least used to be ) that we dont know.

So once again, the double standards here are just a bit baffling imo.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taking part in Strictly should come with a warning, May Harm your Relationship .

To the very first Strictly when Brendan Cole broke off his engagement to Camilla Dallerup to take up with Natasha Kaplinsky, up to the recent splits, taking part in SCD seems to be a catalyst for breakups .

Of course taking part in SCD can be a dangerous, heady cocktail . No other person will ever be in such close contact with your partner as the pros of SCD and for up to 6 hours a day for many weeks/months .

What is Ben doing at a fashion show fgs . A guy who has been involved in rugby all his life . It must be devastating for his wife . Where are you off to today dear . Oh I'm going to a fashion show to ogle some models .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why shouldn't he go to fashion shows if he sees fit ? He appears now to be " newly single " ( on the process of a divorce ) so I don't see a problem here.

The only ones I feel sorry for are their kids so I hope that the parents remain amicable during this time.

People break up every day....some relationships don't last...life goes on......it's not the end of the world..

Some people are viewing this as some sort of tragedy ( going by some of the comments I read here and elsewhere ) or what not ..and I don't get it

Or maybe I'm just a bit too cynical ... :o:blush::blush:
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Taking part in Strictly should come with a warning, May Harm your Relationship .

To the very first Strictly when Brendan Cole broke off his engagement to Camilla Dallerup to take up with Natasha Kaplinsky, up to the recent splits, taking part in SCD seems to be a catalyst for breakups .

Of course taking part in SCD can be a dangerous, heady cocktail . No other person will ever be in such close contact with your partner as the pros of SCD and for up to 6 hours a day for many weeks/months .

What is Ben doing at a fashion show fgs . A guy who has been involved in rugby all his life . It must be devastating for his wife . Where are you off to today dear . Oh I'm going to a fashion show to ogle some models .

Always strongly denied by both Brendan and Natasha. I'm not saying that something did not happen but you quoted this as a fact. It's all a long time ago and all three of them have moved on.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if Ben would be separating had say Natalie not been injured last series

To be honest then, I would still think that that they would. If a marriage is in that much trouble then if a third party is involved they are involved as an effect, not a cause.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's ALL speculation. The press release says that there's NO third-party involved.

So where has all this criticism of Kristina come from? :confused::confused: