Options

Bullfights are bullsh*t

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing which I also can't stand with the bulls is when they go through the streets and are antagonised by the cowards, then, when the bull gains an advantage over them, they all find places to get to safety so that the bull can't get at them. They're pathetic. I can't find any word to describe this other than cowardly.
  • Options
    EyeLikeBeerEyeLikeBeer Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is why I am glad they die
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't say I'm glad they die, but I'm certainly not bothered if they do get attacked by the bull though. They antagonise the bull, they should take the consequences but they're too cowardly for that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Well they are humans whom don't deserve to live in my opinion. They have a severe lack of empathy

Speaking of empathy..............

Would it not be better feeling as you do, to try to educate and dissuade rather than hope they are slaughtered in a painful manner?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sofajudge wrote: »
    Speaking of empathy..............

Would it not be better feeling as you do, to try to educate and dissuade rather than hope they are slaughtered in a painful manner?

Surely they should be educated enough by childhood to know animal cruelty is wrong and disgusting?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely they should be educated enough by childhood to know animal cruelty is wrong and disgusting?

Random cruelty yes, sporting cruelty unlikely even twenty years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How thick do people have to be to see that bullfighting is cruel?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How thick do people have to be to see that bullfighting is cruel?

You are not getting the persuade idea are you? Attacks and verbal aggression (or written in this case) are not the way to go in my opinion.

I'm not saying it is not cruel, I am saying though that there are far crueller practices that continue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like what?

Umm throwing goats off bell towers, starving and beating domestic pets, starving and beating children, the now abolished fox hunting, hare coursing........
  • Options
    ste1969ste1969 Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there was a programme on channel 4 three or four years ago showing some young matador training.
    he had a young calf tied to a stake and he was tying to kill it with his sword.
    it took many attempts to hit the right spot and when he did the calf fell to its knees with its tongue hanging out and blood pouring from its mouth.

i hope he and all other bullfighters(cowards)are killed or seriously injured when taking part in this torture.
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    ste1969 wrote: »
    there was a programme on channel 4 three or four years ago showing some young matador training.
    he had a young calf tied to a stake and he was tying to kill it with his sword.
    it took many attempts to hit the right spot and when he did the calf fell to its knees with its tongue hanging out and blood pouring from its mouth.

i hope he and all other bullfighters(cowards)are killed or seriously injured when taking part in this torture.

Such sweet hypocracy. Outrage at the death of an animal. Delight at the death of a man. Your kids would be proud of you. "yes my son I loved watching that man die. So much blood."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things are stacked in the bullfighter's favour so much to the disadvantage of the bull that the spectacle cannot be considered to display bravery on the part of the bullfighter. He knows he has a 99 % chance to kill the bull and the bull only has about a 1% chance to kill him. So, if a bullfighter is ever injured or killed, it is due to the incompetence of the bullfighter - in which case, he should not have been in the arena in the first place. The bull is effectively a sacrifice. It is not a fair fight - hence the lack of sympathy for bullfighters and the sympathy for the poor bull. In reality, bullfighters get injured or killed so seldom, that when this happens, any lack of sympathy for the bullfighter is not surprising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Things are stacked in the bullfighter's favour so much to the disadvantage of the bull that the spectacle cannot be considered to display bravery on the part of the bullfighter. He knows he has a 99 % chance to kill the bull and the bull only has about a 1% chance to kill him. So, if a bullfighter is ever injured or killed, it is due to the incompetence of the bullfighter - in which case, he should not have been in the arena in the first place. The bull is effectively a sacrifice. It is not a fair fight - hence the lack of sympathy for bullfighters and the sympathy for the poor bull. In reality, bullfighters get injured or killed so seldom, that when this happens, any lack of sympathy for the bullfighter is not surprising.

Yep. If the bull seems like it's getting an advantage over the cowardly bull fighter, his 'helpers' will then jump in to the stadium and distract the bull whilst the rest of the helpers get the bull fighter to safety. The bull fighter is about as much as a hero figure as Pluto is close to the Sun.
  • Options
    ste1969ste1969 Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such sweet hypocracy. Outrage at the death of an animal. Delight at the death of a man. Your kids would be proud of you. "yes my son I loved watching that man die. So much blood."

the man goes into the arena by choice,the bull doesn't
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hypocracy? What is wrong with watching a sick bastard who has killed and tortured a helpless animal be killed?

You really don't see a difference?

A helpless animal tortured and murdered for fun Vs sick bastard killed knowing exactly what he was doing?

Please tell me you see the difference?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hypocracy? What is wrong with watching a sick bastard who has killed and tortured a helpless animal be killed?

A helpless animal tortured and murdered for fun Vs sick bastard killed knowing exactly what he was doing?

Thing is the Matador may not have your sensibilities re animals but may be a wonderful person in every other way, so to automatically classify every Matador as sick and evil is tunnel visioned.

The bull has no choice in the matter I agree.

Then there is the question of life. If bullfighting didn't exist, then it is unlikely the bulls would exist in the first place. Is it better to never exist or to have I believe a rather pampered existence for some time even though it is likely to be killed?

Just trying to think it through.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Really hope to see a bullfight the next time I go to Spain, i'm against Fox hunting but theres something about the tradition of Bullfighting in an arena that interests me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they are humans whom don't deserve to live in my opinion. They have a severe lack of empathy

Your posts are some of the most disturbing I have read in all of my time online.

The only conclusion I can draw from your posts is that you are passionate about what you believe but are very young and don't yet have the capabilities to express your opinions in a non-violent and rational manner, or that you seriously need help.

I am praying it is the former.

People are not always going to agree with your opinions, or what you perceive to be right or wrong. That doesn't give you the right to condemn them to death.

And if you so firmly believe that ritual slaughter is wrong in the case of the bulls, how do you square that away with wishing death on bullfighters and spectators?

You have to learn compassion and understanding before you can preach it to others.
  • Options
    TuXTuX Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    what if it was humans instead of bulls, would you still enjoy watching it?
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you're wrong there. You can't just go assuming these things. Bulls that aren't killed live a grand old life in stud.
    Sofajudge wrote: »
    My point is Sylvia, that the bulls sometimes survive and I believe then are treated as hero's. That doesn't happen with the other 'sports' private or public.

Evidence, anyone?
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are they allowed to kill these bulls? I love it when the bull runs free on a stampede. Has anyone any news stories of people killed by these bulls at these 'shows'. It would brighten my day

I heard that bulls on these 'runs' end up getting slaughtered in the bullring, which is where the run leads to.
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find everything associated with this "sport" to be horrific, I could no more enjoy this kind thing, than I could enjoy watching humans being maimed tortured to death..its not my idea of entertainment at all.

Personally it would make me a lot happier to see the whole thing consigned to the past, along with all other cruel and barbaric "sports"
  • Options
    I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Lakeuk wrote: »
    First Cut about a Salford Bull Fighter is still available on 4oD, first aired Fri 21st Aug @ 19:35

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/first-cut/4od#2933877

Frank Evans.
    I met him last December at a bullfight club Xmas lunch.
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Evidence, anyone?

Well Sylvia, as for evidence that sometimes the bulls aren't killed I don't suppose my eyes would be good enough will they?

As for living the life in stud, well you seem to have a habit of people wanting to do research for you. Are you this bossy usually? I found this on wiki "Occasionally, if the public or the matador believe that the bull has fought bravely, they may petition the president of the plaza to grant the bull an indulto. This is when the bull’s life is spared and allowed to leave the ring alive and return to the ranch where it came from. Then the bull becomes a stud bull to the rest of his life.". If you want anymore evidence then do your own research.