Talksport Chat (part 2)

Comments

• tennismantennisman Posts: 4,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up when he suggested Dean Ashton for the "Heskey" role hasn't Dean retired? If not he can't be far from it.

And I gave up when I switched on and Durham was sneering at a listener's e-mail and calling him names; 'You mug. If you don't like England, don't live 'ere!'

Nice way to speak to your customers!

Sorry, I forgot. We all have to adopt a brow beaten sado-masochistic passion so that we actually enjoy this type of abuse between 4 and 7.

Come on Adrian. Shout at us some more. Call us more names. WE LOVE IT (don't we?).

Durham goes on more about Arsenal and matters Emirates almost as much as Collymore goes on about Beckham.

'What have I said. You haven't been listening. You Arsenal fans are at it again. Do I have to say it again? Honestly, I don't know'

And now, Jason Cundy instead of Danny Kelly. Depression mounts. Hand reaches for off button. Silence is golden.
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crudian wrote: »
    just caught Andy Townsend on Millionare hes with steve Rider, did he phone Porky as "friend" when stuck?

Probably not, as I am sure he wanted to do well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up when he suggested Dean Ashton for the "Heskey" role hasn't Dean retired? If not he can't be far from it.

Hi, he announced his retirement about 3 weeks ago, advised the Doc. Well done Gough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Very stressful delivery from Jason Cundy. Feel that Mat Holland might have some potential
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Hi, he announced his retirement about 3 weeks ago, advised the Doc. Well done Gough.

Dean Ashton and West Ham haven't announced anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    H&J are still the best thing on the station - I miss the Birthday Spread & Fred Trueman hitting people in the mouth so that they have to be carried off.....

I loved the Fred Truman clip,also the Graham Beecroft voiceovers on sport or nought made me laugh:D
  • bravo2zerobravo2zero Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    The Wayman wrote: »
    I loved the Fred Truman clip,also the Graham Beecroft voiceovers on sport or nought made me laugh:D

'' He was being So Blaise into the bargain that i smacked him in the mouth ......and he had to be carried off..''

:D
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Nocturne wrote: »

Petty sure it was never confirmed.

However im more likely to be going to the World Cup with England than Ashton - and im Scottish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tennisman wrote: »
    And now, Jason Cundy instead of Danny Kelly.

I think that he has moved into TalkSport Towers and never goes home just on the off chance that someone doesn't turn up.

He now lives in a room with Mike Parry and Mick Dennis. :eek:
  • skyman24skyman24 Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    [B]I can hardly contain myself with excitement after the riveting start to Breakfast this morning! /B]

A masterclass in the geography of East London was followed by Iriot complaining about WAGs not being allowed on England cricket tours. :o. What drivel!

Twenty wasted minutes - thank God I have to go to work now
  • TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    H&J are still the best thing on the station - I miss the Birthday Spread & Fred Trueman hitting people in the mouth so that they have to be carried off.....

It wasn't till recently that I noticed just how much H&J had changed. No Birthday Spread, no HowzThat, no Escalado, no Pearsons About, No Taylor Made, no One Size Fittzhall, no weekend Fishing Report, No more "Pie"

The quizzes were great, all gone now. And I really miss the Birthday Spread. It was the funniest 10 minutes on the radio. Andy's awfully contrived puns were hilarious, as was Paul's reaction to them... Tumbleweed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    It wasn't till recently that I noticed just how much H&J had changed. No Birthday Spread, no HowzThat, no Escalado, no Pearsons About, No Taylor Made, no One Size Fittzhall, no weekend Fishing Report, No more "Pie"

The quizzes were great, all gone now. And I really miss the Birthday Spread. It was the funniest 10 minutes on the radio. Andy's awfully contrived puns were hilarious, as was Paul's reaction to them... Tumbleweed!

Don't forget 'the answer is Ipswich'..
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes - the guy who posted saying that he's seen no change in what Paul & Andy have been doing over the past few years clearly can't have been listening very carefully.

Over the past year or two they've really had to regenerate their show.

Whether it was their own choice or that of the management remains to be seen, but whoever's decision it was I don't think many regular listeners would deny H&J has changed quite considerably since UTV Radio and then Moz Dee arrived at the station, not only is their show now much more caller based than ever but a hell of a lot of their quizzes and other "old favourites" have gone by the wayside too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am i right in thinking that H&J never use to have callers on?

I guess its all about money now
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PG30 wrote: »
    Am i right in thinking that H&J never use to have callers on?

They only used to have callers on for their quizzes and competitions, stuff like The Birthday Spread, Sport or Nought, Answer is Ipswich, Short Straw Poll, Clips Jukebox etc. But never at any other point in the show.

I could be wrong, but I think the introduction of callers on the show - usually telling anecdotes that in the past would have been read out via text/e-mail by Paul - coincided with the arrival of Moz Dee as talkSPORT's new programme controller. Make of that what you will.
    Forum Member
    Only caught short bits of the breakfast show today (enough to get Thommos Tip which has just come in at 12/1!!!).

I dont do the Irani bashing without reason but bloody hell he was good today. The subject was Capello saying that the WAGS wouldnt be going to South Africa for the World Cup with the players. EVERYONE was saying what a good move this was after the circus of the last world cup.........except one lone voice in the wilderness. A man who lusts and leers over every woman and makes inappripriate comments about them on air. Yup Mr Irani proclaimed that when hes had a bad day he needs to go back and confide in his wife and she makes him feel better.

Given the number of bad days ive heard Mr Irani having all i can say is "Mrs Irani, your sainthood is in the post"

Despite everyone disagreeing with him he crashed onwards unable to accept that people didnt agree with him and that he was in fact correct. I didnt hear it all the way through but i caught the handover to P&T and all Brazil could say was "Chicken, you've had an absolute nightmare today"

Oh dear.
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Only caught short bits of the breakfast show today (enough to get Thommos Tip which has just come in at 12/1!!!).

I dont do the Irani bashing without reason but bloody hell he was good today. The subject was Capello saying that the WAGS wouldnt be going to South Africa for the World Cup with the players. EVERYONE was saying what a good move this was after the circus of the last world cup.........except one lone voice in the wilderness. A man who lusts and leers over every woman and makes inappripriate comments about them on air. Yup Mr Irani proclaimed that when hes had a bad day he needs to go back and confide in his wife and she makes him feel better.

Given the number of bad days ive heard Mr Irani having all i can say is "Mrs Irani, your sainthood is in the post"

Despite everyone disagreeing with him he crashed onwards unable to accept that people didnt agree with him and that he was in fact correct. I didnt hear it all the way through but i caught the handover to P&T and all Brazil could say was "Chicken, you've had an absolute nightmare today"

Oh dear.

Got to be worth a further 12 months extension to Ronnie's contract at least in Moz's eyes, worthy opinion indeed on this morning's breakfast show. After all we only won the World Cup just 43 years ago why should we do anything like banning the wags when in that time since we've done so well in major competitions with them along. Ronnie Irani knows his stuff you know, he has the full SKY TV package at home and 3 laptops, people should remember that.
  • TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - the guy who posted saying that he's seen no change in what Paul & Andy have been doing over the past few years clearly can't have been listening very carefully.

Over the past year or two they've really had to regenerate their show.

The strange thing is, that I had not realized earlier. I guess that's a good thing, I still enjoy the show hugely, so I didn't really notice or miss the bits that had fallen by the wayside.

I'd still love the Birthday Spread to make the odd appearance though! :)
    Forum Member
    I take everything back i just said about Irani. Gough is on banging on about the same thing and agreeing with Irani...doing the same things, shouting and bawling as if that makes his points more valid.

In fact have are we actually sure they arent the same person??!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV1 - 11.30pm (All regions) Another chance to watch England's glorious defeat of Croatia from Wembley Stadium that saw them go successfully through to next years World Cup Finals.

ITV Scotland - 11.10pm (All regions) (FILM) Out Of Africa (1985). Directed by Sydney Pollack, with Meryl Streep, Robert Redford and Klaus Maria Brandauer. (Repeat) :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    ITV1 - 11.30pm (All regions) Another chance to watch England's glorious defeat of Croatia from Wembley Stadium that saw them go successfully through to next years World Cup Finals.

ITV Scotland - 11.10pm (All regions) (FILM) Out Of Africa (1985). Directed by Sydney Pollack, with Meryl Streep, Robert Redford and Klaus Maria Brandauer. (Repeat) :D

Elvis is dead.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Id like to say that I enjoyed todays broadcast form the BGC charity day today. for today i wiull leave bashing Irani
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eight years ago I was listening to Richard Kaufman on TalkSport when reports of an "accident" at the twin towers started to come in just before 2pm.

He handled the story with great professionalism until Mike "Billy no mates" Parry turned his car around (he was co-hosting the breakfast show with Brazil at the time) and sped back to the studio.

Parry burst into the studio, took over the mike and bored us to death about how he knew everything about New York as he had once worked there.

Eventually, I turned off and switched to a TV monitor just as the first tower collapsed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tryfan wrote: »
    Eight years ago I was listening to Richard Kaufman on TalkSport when reports of an "accident" at the twin towers started to come in just before 2pm.

He handled the story with great professionalism until Mike "Billy no mates" Parry turned his car around (he was co-hosting the breakfast show with Brazil at the time) and sped back to the studio.

Parry burst into the studio, took over the mike and bored us to death about how he knew everything about New York as he had once worked there.

Eventually, I turned off and switched to a TV monitor just as the first tower collapsed.

They say we all know what we were doing when we first heard about the Al-Qaeda attacks on September 11th 2001 and I think they're right I certainly remember it very well. I was sitting reading my newspaper in the conservatory when it came over the radio that the first plane had hit one of the towers. My mind immediately sprang back to the Empire State Building incident in 1945 when a plane crashed into that and my first thoughts were it was a similar incident. A short while later another newsflash came over saying another plane had now hit the second tower and I knew straight away then that it was terrorists. I dashed to the TV and it seemed an age before one of the stations got onto the story and beamed live pictures. A terrible terrible day caused by evil misguided people who thought slaughtering thousands of innocent human beings would solve anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't listen to Collymore as he does that irritating thing with his lips.
This discussion has been closed.