The Graham Norton Show - Series 9, Fridays 10:35pm BBC1

Comments

• googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tennant needs to eat more cakes - looks freaky.

I've just ordered two copies of the knit your own royal wedding book :D
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    No drama brings with it the whoha Who does and their careers are going fine, infact they're about to do a three or four month stint in the west end together in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.
    so thats the reason for the GN appearance
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok don't like this shouty singer
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    David just annoys me now, ever since Comic Relief night.

Catherine is alright, as is Josh..

Who is that random guy at the end of the sofa?
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    David just annoys me now, ever since Comic Relief night.

Catherine is alright, as is Josh..

Who is that random guy at the end of the sofa?

Jon Richardson - comedian. He's got a new tour coming up. And book.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    Tennant needs to eat more cakes - looks freaky.

I've just ordered two copies of the knit your own royal wedding book :D
    Graham Norton was funny when he was showing the individual members of the Royal family.
    Camilla looked good not sure about Kate and William though! Loved Harry's red hair! :D
  • juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Didnt fancy the Tennant Tate roadshow etc but Graham has done it agin.

Truley excellent at passing a relaxed hour with good bon homme and brings the best naturally out of his guests, and always makes me laugh ( in a genuine happy way ) .

He did well with Jon Richardson who is genuinely shy but VERY funny., by actually researching the guests .

J Ross would have bombed.

Cheers Graham.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Jon Richardson - comedian. He's got a new tour coming up. And book.

I didn't mean to be rude about him, I thought he came across well when it was his turn to talk. Just seemed shy/quiet beforehand and kinda left out.
  • tennismantennisman Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turned off for the first time ever.

Too many guests. Not enough time to develop anything. GN frantically asking the next question - bit like trying to keep a load of plates on poles in the air.

Therefore no time for GN to use his timing to create fun situations. All too rushed and too shallow.

Very disappointed.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a short break between series eight and nine, didn't expect it on so missed it :o Doesn't sound like I missed much however.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the show was excellent tonight; David, Catherine and Josh were all excellent and I loved the Knit Your Own Royal Wedding.

For me, nothing would have been lost if Jon Richardson hadn't been there. He seemed a bit of a spare part.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tennant - Yawn. Old news. Not a patch on Matt Smith.

The less said about Catherine Tate the better.

Really liking Jon Richardson though! :)
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the song called that Josh did, anyone know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sir David Tennant was on top form on the show tonight loved the thing with the socks sooooooo funny! :D:D:D
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch Graham's show regularly and this is the first time i have ever seen 4 guests on the show talking on the sofa from start to finish! Usually it's always 3 with the musical guest coming in at the end to play the song and then join in with the Red Chair. Very strange tonight i thought, but for some reason it worked. But i was impressed how each guest got enough time to say or 'plug' their thing. However i don't think this will always be the case, esp. if Graham gets a big Hollywood star over.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed last night's show a lot - it didn't have the awkwardness that some of the shows have when there's a reluctant or uptight guest so it was very enjoyable. I don't like Josh Groban's music but he always comes across well when he's interviewed.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dakota. wrote: »
    That was a short break between series eight and nine, didn't expect it on so missed it :o Doesn't sound like I missed much however.

On again Monday.

Been impressed with Groban ever since he proved himself as one of the best guest presenters on Buzzcocks.

Woss can still kick Norton’s arse when it comes to a semi-serious one-on-one interview with anyone he admires (Woss had to be interested to be at his best) in the film or comic business but for everything else, Norton wins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    What was the song called that Josh did, anyone know?

It's called Higher Window, the album version is better as it's the full length
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    On again Monday.

Been impressed with Groban ever since he proved himself as one of the best guest presenters on Buzzcocks.

Woss can still kick Norton’s arse when it comes to a semi-serious one-on-one interview with anyone he admires (Woss had to be interested to be at his best) in the film or comic business but for everything else, Norton wins.

I completely disagree, JR was only ever interested in himself. I have never seen a good interview by him. Even his last show, where he got all the people he admired on was lackluster. GN has a talent for interviewing and making his guests feel comfortable.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Great start to the new series {which has only been off for 3/4 weeks:confused:}.....
    David {socks}, Catherine and Jon I knew, but who was Josh.....never seen or heard of him before, even after he sang, I was still none the wiser.:confused:

:cool:
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gagaluv wrote: »
    I completely disagree, JR was only ever interested in himself. I have never seen a good interview by him.

Well, that’s just a ridiculous thing to say. Anytime Woss interviewed old Hollywood stars or anyone in the field of comics he was on good form. If you include in that his one-off shows for BBC4 on comics and Japan and his profiles series for BBC1 on actors/actresses then the evidence for is increased even further.

I’ve never seen Norton do an interview that could even be termed “semi-serious” let alone full on “serious” so on that criteria alone Woss is the more flexible interviewer.

However, as I said above, Norton’s show is a more complete package most of the time and has far fewer cringe moments and we’re never in danger of him letching over someone young enough to be his daughter!
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I watch Graham's show regularly and this is the first time i have ever seen 4 guests on the show talking on the sofa from start to finish! Usually it's always 3 with the musical guest coming in at the end to play the song and then join in with the Red Chair. Very strange tonight i thought, but for some reason it worked. But i was impressed how each guest got enough time to say or 'plug' their thing. However i don't think this will always be the case, esp. if Graham gets a big Hollywood star over.
    Obviously because Josh Groban is a witty and entertaining interviewee. Would be a waste to only have him sing (which I found pretty painful to listen too anyway).
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I enjoyed last night's show a lot - it didn't have the awkwardness that some of the shows have when there's a reluctant or uptight guest so it was very enjoyable. I don't like Josh Groban's music but he always comes across well when he's interviewed.
    Agreed, his strangulated tenor style didn't suit the song he sang. But then straight, classical delivery never does.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I thought it was strange having 4 guests on at the same time. I wonder if one was a late addition.
    It was a shame to have any guest sit on the end of the sofa out of the way without a backrest.

NOTE!!!! The show is not repeated in all regions on Monday. I only watched it last night because it's not in my EPG on Monday but looking at the Sky BBC regional channels it is on a different times on Monday night.
  • InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Parkinson.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the show was very good, GN is a very warm presenter and brings out the best in his guests. My OH who I really thought didn't like him was laughing along and really enjoyed it.