Options

Jean Martyn is utterly infectous

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
Forum Member
✭✭
I have watch her performance twice now and both times have found myself bopping along without even realizing it! I love her!

How can anyone not love her?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    She is hilarious but didn't deserve her final place.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found her very entertaining, though her keyboard playing sounded decidely ropy.
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find her funny but I don't think she deserved to go through
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    Another Jean thread! How many's that now?

I love her anyway, she seems like such a nice lady.
  • Options
    Benny_CHtBenny_CHt Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have watch her performance twice now and both times have found myself bopping along without even realising it! I love her!

I can because I don't go to Bingo nor am I an inmate of a retirement home.

As that is the only sort who would be entertained by untalented out of time keyboard abuse.

Some people are easily pleased and just don't understand what music is or that it should matter how it's played.
  • Options
    Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP your username sums up my opinion of Jean perfectly!
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    I just think it's nice to see someone on the show who is genuinely appreciative of the opportunity and not so far up her own backside like some of the acts have been to date. She seems lovely.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benny_CHt wrote: »

As that is the only sort who would be entertained by untalented out of time keyboard abuse.

Some people are easily pleased and just don't understand what music is or that it should matter how it's played.

Oh, so us Jean fans are all old / Bingo fans? Strange, I never knew that about myself. :eek:

Last time I checked I was 18 and never played Bingo in my life. But, hey, you must be correct.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like her as a person but I was in the kitchen when she came on and listened and could not see her. She may look great fun but, sound only, her playing was not only not good, it was absolutely appalling, so bad she could never be played on radio or launch a CD, not live anyway. She was better the first time, but, basically, there are hundreds of secondary school music teachers who do every what she does, they just don't wear spangly jackets and act bonkers. When I saw it played back she was surrounded by oiled, semi-naked male dancers. It was totally incongruous. Who directs this junk?

So that's two seriously bad keyboard players in the final round. All 4 finalists so far are music acts. How convenient for Simon to exploit. At least the show didn't push them at us over, say, anyone on a bicycle or doing a traditional variety act. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Benny_CHt wrote: »

I feel "some" people on here should go and look at Jeans website, and then might realize just how talented and accomplished muscian she actually is, she has travelled all over the world and is very much in demand.
  • Options
    WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I am sure she is lovely and she is clearly very talented but her act does nothing for me.
  • Options
    Benny_CHtBenny_CHt Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ferney wrote: »
    I feel "some" people on here should go and look at Jeans website, and then might realize just how talented and accomplished muscian she actually is, she has travelled all over the world and is very much in demand.

I think EVERYONE should NOT go to any websites as this is about what she did on BGT and nothing else.

We are here to judge her on what she did on the show and no one should be required to go elsewhere.

Why do you thonk that they should do that before they make a valid judgement? It's truly bizzare that someone would even suggest that in the first place. :confused::confused::confused:

She was not a talented musician on last night's show as she played out of time - Care to stick with the show and comment about her out of time playing and how VERY VERY bad it was?
  • Options
    clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect the vast majority of the negative comments are more to do with the fact that its a style of music that they don't like. Saying that Jean is "crap" and all the rest of it is factually incorrect.

For example I loathe Cliff Richard's style but I wouldn't say he was crap, because he isn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ummmm, they have taste? And standards?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect the vast majority of the negative comments are more to do with the fact that its a style of music that they don't like. Saying that Jean is "crap" and all the rest of it is factually incorrect.

For example I loathe Cliff Richard's style but I wouldn't say he was crap, because he isn't.

it had nothing to do with her style of music for me .. it was more the fact that she was out of time with the organ pre records and the backing track and the whole thing sounded like 4 songs being played at once

I've seen plenty of end of the pier organists/keyboard players who are better ... and a lot less irritating
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    it had nothing to do with her style of music for me .. it was more the fact that she was out of time with the organ pre records and the backing track and the whole thing sounded like 4 songs being played at once

I've seen plenty of end of the pier organists/keyboard players who are better ... and a lot less irritating

Agree. If Cliff Richard were as bad as Jean, he would be... Herbie Armstrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is herpes.
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she's a nice woman but smiling inanely and bashing a piano out of tune is not talent and an insult to people who do put an effort into a proper act on this show.
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »

we meet again my friend...and yet again i couldnt agree with you more,the annoying woman is more irritating than an itch you cant scratch,still i suppose she appeals to the slacks and slippers brigade.
  • Options
    ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Infectious? I'd rather she got an infection. Can't stand her.
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaiya wrote: »
    Infectious? I'd rather she got an infection. Can't stand her.

you have taste.shes appallingly bad.:o
    sick of the judges and producers trying to foist her upon us..pass the sick bucket.:(
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This act was utterly laughable, to say the least! Her keyboard skills were all over the place in last night's show. Plus, that running her finger down the whole length of the keyboard was bloody annoying when done as often as she did. I just couldn't hear a consistent tune from her. She was looking at the audience whilst behaving like an escaped asylum patient, and all the time she was doing this I was thinking to myself, for goodness, woman, concentrate on what you're doing. I didn't find it appealing at all, but just a whole mess.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    So is herpes.
    So is Ebola!!
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should have had Michael Winner on the show last night after she had finished her performance saying "Calm down dear!"

I thought she as going to explode :eek: How that bunch of idiot judges put this manic woman through to the final is totally beyond me.

But then again what do you expect from Amanda (I could not get any further up Simon Cowell's backside if I tried) Holden, Michael McIntyre (I am so funny I am) and David (I absolutely love myself) Hasslehoff. As for Simon Cowell - well what can I say but all that botox has seriously affected his brain.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glinny wrote: »
    I think they should have had Michael Winner on the show last night after she had finished her performance saying "Calm down dear!"

I thought she as going to explode :eek: How that bunch of idiot judges put this manic woman through to the final is totally beyond me.

But then again what do you expect from Amanda (I could not get any further up Simon Cowell's backside if I tried) Holden, Michael McIntyre (I am so funny I am) and David (I absolutely love myself) Hasslehoff. As for Simon Cowell - well what can I say but all that botox has seriously affected his brain.

I couldn't believe it, especially when Cowell praised her. I thought he must have had sunstroke when giving his verdict to her. Her act just frustrated me.