*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, so here are the eleven things I'm taking from the iTunes thing;

1. She slayed.
    2. ''Sex Dreams'' needs to be the second single.
    3. ''Aura'' is the PapaTele follow-up.
    4. ''ARTPOP'' is amazing, the chorus owned me.
    5. ''Swine'' is as nuts as I imagined it - LOVE.
    6. ''Applause'' is still pretty good, but was clearly imagined as a nice chart song.
    7. ''MANiCURE'' is great fun!
    8. ''Jewels & Drugs'' is coming for that urban smash.
    9. This album is going to be fantastic pop.
    10. ''I Wanna Be With You'' is lovely.
    11. She slayed.

All of that basically!

I'm rewatching it all now and she really is the definition of popstar. She brings what a lot of artists today don't bring, and that's excitement, fun, great songs, energy and even in her honesty, still a bit of mystery, Yes it's pretty much all an act (most of it, she's sort of said as much) but she's created something amazing
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit disappointed that Aura wasn't a rough demo after all, I was looking forwards to some changes. :(
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JakeM641 wrote: »
    Also I really hope the songs performed tonight don't differ too much to the studio versions, Aura was the same anyway

I'm not sure it will be.
    She said none of the songs will be the same as the album -- Applause being the exception as it has already been released.
    The early version of Aura already leaked so by doing that version last night she still has the actual studio version in hand
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a great show apart from her talking too much but I should be used to that by now :) And I'm looking really forward to ARTPOP

Only exception is ''Jewels & Drugs'' which I will pretend doesn't exist and will just skip over it when I play the album :)

That is mostly because I can't stand RAP in any shape or form and last night hasn't changed my mind in the slightest. Maybe she can dump the rappers and re-record it just for me :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    I'm not sure it will be.
    She said none of the songs will be the same as the album -- Applause being the exception as it has already been released.
    The early version of Aura already leaked so by doing that version last night she still has the actual studio version in hand

She also said that the extra Bad Kids lyrics would be performed on the BTWB. :p

I don't take anything she says seriously until I see it happens. Think of all the things she's said we'd have but haven't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you listen closely to the instrumental/backing track of 'Aura' there are some slight differences, particularly toward the end, but yeah it's pretty much the same. Have to say I really liked the darker meaning she bought to it via the performance :D

'Sex Dreams' is so catchy, there's like three different hooks in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    A fan just posted this on GGD about radio spins in the US:

Diamonds after 19 days: 5096 spins
    Die Young after 19 days: 6121 spins
    Locked Out Of Heaven after 19 days: 4974 spins
    Applause after 19 days: 5663 spins

I think the radio success of Applause is being perceived as underwhelming because of anomalies like Roar and even Born This Way that reached 100AI very fast. Slow radio success = longevity in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She also said that the extra Bad Kids lyrics would be performed on the BTWB. :p

I don't take anything she says seriously until I see it happens. Think of all the things she's said we'd have but haven't.

LOL yeah forgot that when it comes to news about herself she is a completely unreliable source :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished watching Swinefest, and I loved it! I think my faves were definitely I Wanna Be With You, Jewels and Drugs, Sex Dreams, Swine and Aura. Her diversity is why I'm a fan, and I can't wait to hear the rest. Incredible:D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The full concert in HD for anyone that wants another look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmzUT1qAS6w
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    The full concert in HD for anyone that wants another look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmzUT1qAS6w

Thanks! :)

''Sex Dreams'' is like So Happy I Could Die, but 2x better. :cool:
    Yoko Ono's influence on the pre-chorus >>>
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    A fan just posted this on GGD about radio spins in the US:

Diamonds after 19 days: 5096 spins
    Die Young after 19 days: 6121 spins
    Locked Out Of Heaven after 19 days: 4974 spins
    Applause after 19 days: 5663 spins

I think the radio success of Applause is being perceived as underwhelming because of anomalies like Roar and even Born This Way that reached 100AI very fast. Slow radio success = longevity in my opinion.

Thanks for posting! This is rather interesting and I didn't realise this...Applause is moving back up UK Itunes, currently at #5
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seeing the concert in HD today....loved the clips i found last night...brilliant seeing it in full

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7B3wG0iymc

I think, personally she eprformed some of her best songs she has ever done...

Swine i think is my favourite she has ever done...i mean WOAH...would be IDEAL as a single and challenge "pop radio".You can tell she exorcised some dark demons on that song.

Sex Dreams is VERY Madonna/Prince meets Blondie and the performance was so trippY! adore watching it ...Jewels & Drugs was very different but i liked it....have a feeling it may head the Urban route and get a minor release Stateside.

Aura did well translated live...i have a feeling that it will be third release as a Papa/Tel threequel...with a surprise guest on it...i have that feeling (i am thinking Britney)....now the song ARTPOP i found a bit meh at first but in higher quality i reckon it could "get" in my ears....and transport you there where she wants us to be :)...i kinda like the echoey/trancey ambience there hope the the album highlights this more.

MANiCURE is just nonsense fun and very badass and i reckon that it sounds very pre-Fame ish :) which is quite good....Applause sticks out like the sore thumb still and you can tell its the "radio" song of what is to come :)

I am SO hyped for ARTPOP to be released now :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with all you said Josh Pinder, it's really hard to point out a 'bad point' because overall it was all good, strong performances.

Some of her best work to date for sure.
    Forum Member
    I can't praise Sex Dreams enough - what a great pop song! :cool:

It's what Jenna Maroney tried and failed to make! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    iTunes Festival was quite a triumph for our favourite Lady, methinks.

The good: ARTPOP, Jewels and Drugs, Applause, I Wanna Be With You, Sex Dreams ( I don't get the high praise this song is getting, if I'm honest )
    The great: Aura.
    The FANTASTIC: MANiCURE ( which I think is rather under-rated and has hit-potential ) and Swine ( the production is swell, very Zedd-like ).

This has increased my appetite for ARTPOP for sure, bring on November :D
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga's UK certificates are FINALLY up to date! Yay.

Updates:

Born This Way (album) - 3X Platinum
    The Fame / Monster - 9X Platinum
    The Remix - Gold
    Alejandro - Gold
    Bad Romance - Platinum
    Judas - Silver
    LoveGame - Silver
    The Edge of Glory - Gold
    Telephone - Platinum
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Her team are soooo slowwww at get certifications. I hope they get round to it before ARTPOP so they can use the correct figures in press releases etc.

-

Anyone else love how she sounds like Porky Pig at the end of Swine? :D
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Gaga's UK certificates are FINALLY up to date! Yay.

Updates:

Born This Way (album) - 3X Platinum
    The Fame / Monster - 9X Platinum
    The Remix - Gold
    Alejandro - Gold
    Bad Romance - Platinum
    Judas - Silver
    LoveGame - Silver
    The Edge of Glory - Gold
    Telephone - Platinum

Born This Way (single) - 3X Plat.
    Monster Ball Tour (video) - Gold
    Paparazzi - Gold
    Poker Face - 1X Plat.
    Just Dance - 1X Plat.

To complete the collection! :)

Judas - Silver
    LoveGame - Silver

Gaga's promo singles >>>

Unfortunately her other ones (Hair, You & I, Marry The Night) have no certifications.

;););)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my ARTPOP could mean anything *bops*
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I thought "I wanna be with you" was the highlight, but then I've always thought she was at her best live when just sitting at a piano and singing. A really lovely song, IMO.
    Forum Member
    ''ARTPOP'' is so dreamy. She looked like an loony during the performance, but it really suited it. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ''ARTPOP'' is so dreamy. She looked like an loony during the performance, but it really suited it. :D

Yeah the more I hear ARTPOP the more I like it :)
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was underwhelmed when I first hers it but now I can't get it out of my head!

She wants the fans to pick the 2nd single - it's between manicure, sex dreams, swine and ARTPOP apparently. Not sure I remembered the 4 correctly - maybe it's aura instead of ARTPOP not sure. I wanna be with you is not on the list though.

I'm not really sure what I'd pick. I'd like all to be released ;) if I had to choose between the songs we know, I'd probs go for sex dreams but surely it's have to be censored a lot??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I hope Sex Dreams gets picked. It's far from my favourite song from the night but it seems (to me at least) to be the most popular song with most people. That's what singles are for, to appeal to the largest number possible.

If it were purely my own choice, MANiCURE all the way! :D