ONLY 20 points???!?

2»

Comments

• Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Who says it has to be long? Just "(US only)" would suffice.

Much as I dislike non-descriptive titles, the OP makes it very, very clear right from the start what the thread is about. Not sure why you're getting your knickers in a twist but that's your prerogative. It's one of my worse faults too. :o
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    LOL. Sorry, 'warning' was possibly the wrong word. What I meant was something to indicate that the thread was probably of no interest to the majority of FMs.

Mot of the stuff on here is of very limited interest to me; but I don't expect signposts. ;)
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the smilies might give it away............

An image of Obama alongside a ghostly child holding a tarantula :D Maybe it's my non-UK sense of humour.

It is acceptable to say that you fell for the spoof, rather than try to make out you were joking all along, you know...

In fact, of course, it wasn't just you. It is running on Google News, or whatever, which is a 'proper' news site, so it was them that were fooled and you that took it at face value.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny_t wrote: »
    It is acceptable to say that you fell for the spoof, rather than try to make out you were joking all along, you know...

In fact, of course, it wasn't just you. It is running on Google News, or whatever, which is a 'proper' news site, so it was them that were fooled and you that took it at face value.

I never said I did or didn't 'fall' for it. I said I found it very funny and asked what people thought a study of Jeremy Kyle might throw up. I didn't examine it in depth and was very clear from the outset that the piece amused me.

I take almost all statistical data with a heavy truck load of salt given that I studied sociology at one time and know that pretty much any set of results can be presented to conclude almost anything.

Why does everyone on GD always have to whip out their gravitas and compare it?

Life is serious; DS SHOULD be fun..............................
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny_t wrote: »
    Interesting, though. The numbers involved are so ridiculous that anyone who knows anything about statistics, IQs, or anything could tell it is wrong, at a glance.
    I think it's quite accurate. If you replace Fox News with maybe X Factor or Jeremy Kyle, you'd get the same results. An IQ of 80 isn't all that low, it's a normal thick person's IQ. If you consider that average is 100 there are going to be a lot of people below that and 80 is just a bit dim.

However having said that, isn't it strange that everyone, well almost everyone, my step-mother excepted, knows who and what Jeremy Kyle is like, so everyone, except my step-mother must've watched it at least once.